News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Newbie's mandatory first post

Started by CanisLupus, November 14, 2019, 05:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanisLupus

Hi there,

just started with Banished, but so far hardly went through the tutorials.
Joint to download Mods and possibly find help when getting stuck.

Goblin Girl

Hello!

I strongly suggest that you play the vanilla game until you can survive long enough to build a large population.  One way to do that is to try to get all the achievements.  The base game is quite challenging at first, and if you add mods in before you really know what you're doing, you're liable to end up quitting in frustration. 

I think just about everyone here has been playing since the game was first released, though I don't know how many of us still play unmodded banished.  Another good place to get advice is https://www.reddit.com/r/Banished/

moonbelf

Welcome @CanisLupus, nice to have you with us here. Don't hesitate to ask for help if yu need it and I agree that playing the base game for a while to get familiar with the game is an excellent idea.

CanisLupus

Thanks for the kind reception and the valued tips, much appreciated. I own up that I haven't yet downloaded anything at all, but oh, the possibilities are there. Had a try (pure vanilla) which kind of started alright, but when it reached around 40 people, suddenly they died of starvation. So I have to get to grips that 1000 food isn't all that much.

... and it should've been "joined", curse you AutoCorrect!

... and I am not a native English speaker, so if you find any errors in spelling or grammar, please don't hesitate to ignore them.

brads3

before adding mods,make a list of what you think is missing and want in your game.  as you build houses you need to increase food to cover the new borns. in the early years, increase the food limit and stockpile everything you can. use the time to clear land for future building projects.

Goblin Girl

Quote from: CanisLupus on November 15, 2019, 11:43:36 AM
So I have to get to grips that 1000 food isn't all that much.
Each citizen eats 100 food per year, from the moment they are born.  Back when this game was first released, we used to joke that it was a starvation simulator. 

Julliana

Just pessing by to say hello! So.. Hello!!

RedKetchup

happy to see your issue is resolved :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Rizer

Hi, can't wait to try all the great mods everyone has made.