News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Workplace V1.2 for 1.0.6

Started by kid1293, February 09, 2017, 10:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

That story adds a new light to the gate.  :)

Sorry to hear you lost your 'friends'.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

QueryEverything

Thank you @Hawk :)
When they allow familiars into the game (cats & dogs), I'll be asking for pet enclosures for them too :D  :)
I have 4 cats, 4 dogs and they are all friends, family :)

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

mellowtraumatic

Great, great mod, kid. I love that little tiny tailor. It makes warm coats!! YAY!

kid1293

:)

I'm glad too. This is what I wanted a long time but could not
put my finger on it. There were discussions about being modular
and finally the pieces fit. I guess it's possible to expand with
all sorts of production. Ale shed/pottery/whatever...

grammycat

Kid-all those sound good plus maybe even an herbalist?  I love this mod. 

Hawk

I like this workplace. I'm already using it in my new map.  :) I like the flexibility of it.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

kid1293

Any ideas what can be added?
Herbalist should be in the forest, but who knows ? - I have made a lot of bushes. :)
I certainly want an ale shed.
A lot of products are CC or NMT but I can ask for resources.

RedKetchup

Quote from: kid1293 on February 12, 2017, 02:57:22 PM

yup you can :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

Quote from: kid1293 on February 12, 2017, 02:57:22 PM
Any ideas what can be added?
Herbalist should be in the forest, but who knows ? - I have made a lot of bushes. :)
I certainly want an ale shed.

Haha, you know, I'm going to have a think now @kid1293 :) :)
Cottages have:
--  wood splitter (firewood & lumber) / wood turner
--  country dam / pond (yabbies, trout, cod, generic fish)
--  ale / mead
--  candle maker (like the ones in MM/CC, but homegrown)
--  yarn spinner (spinning wheel) (like tailor, but a spinner to make yarn/fibre from wool & hemp etc); blankets & socks, accessories to trade
--  fabric weaver (quilts from cotton & other fibres, clothing for traders (unless you can make the Bannies wear them :) )
--  Mason for Stone sculpting
--  expand the blacksmith for horseshoes, cattle harnesses etc, all for trade
--  gem miner (placed along the water), produces items for the trader
--  an Outhouse (just decoration ;) )
--  preserver use up all those gathered goodies
--  Hothouse & seedling grower - (I know there are 2, but they are BIG!!!)  http://s180.photobucket.com/user/Billndee/media/22May08/Newhothouse.jpg.html
--  small firestarter (firewood & other burnables)

Re food preservation, I do use the smokehouse, salthouse etc, but they are extremely large footprints yet many homesteaders use their kitchen benches.  So, a smaller one with different ways of food preservation would be excellent. 
I was just reading about a woman who even dehydrates cream cheese & sour cream!! WHHHHAAAATTTTT??  hahaha!!

Ok, enough ideas, some are good, some aren't, but at least there's a start, and maybe some inspiration :D :D :D

Edit - forgot:  soap maker (and lye maker - using hardwoods)
and this link for more inspiration: 
http://www.countryfarm-lifestyles.com/make-lye.html#.WKFdLDt96Hs
http://saltinmycoffee.com/2016/10/make-money-on-a-small-homestead/

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

grammycat

Maybe I missed it, but what's the occupancy for the house?

kid1293

Sorry if I left that out.

edit -  @grammycat , sorry!

6 persons can live there.
The storage cellar = 2000 units

Silly me, read the wrong files.  ???

4 persons can live there
Storage shed = 1200 units

grammycat

Thank you!  This is will be so useful for hard starts using the Proper Time mod you made.

thelly

Thanks very much. Your work makes it very difficult to pick which goodies I will use in a new game every day.  These look so interesting and crying out to be used

QueryEverything

Hiya :)
@kid1293 following on from my post above and after a chance of really getting to play today, I came up with some more thoughts.  (sorry :D)

--  gates?  I've had to use some that were in MM/CC and whilst I appreciate them, they don't match your fence, so a couple of small gates ( 1x2, 1x4 & 1x1), ghosted so that they can go over the road, or part of the pasture etc.  Or at least matching the same tile position as the fences :)

--  storage: I've been using the small "drop & go" storage that you have packaged, but I was wondering about item/tag specific? (Can you tie them to animal byproduct, or only the category?  Cows:  beef; leather; bonemeal; milk.  sheep:  mutton, wool, bonemeal etc etc   
---- Also, 1 tile deep, 2, 4, 6 wide, (maybe even 2 deep :) ) so that they run alongside the building, or in my case pastures. 
I wrote a more detailed post here in @RedKetchup thread.
---- dairy?  textiles (clothing)? tools?  There are a few mods out there that are specific, but too big or don't match your new Workplace.

--  Market?  I use your "Tiny Market" everywhere on my maps, but, I find in these little farming outposts that they are a bit big.  I also use the Puzzle market, but that requires a lot of workers. :(
--  camp oven, soup pot, cauldron, ground pit, spit, bbq etc.  I know that you have the existing Market BBQ & Soup; I was wondering about creating a smaller one, more country, make recipes such as:
- omelette (eggs (OMG I have so many!!!), cheese & mushrooms (onions etc from gatherers)
- beef / mutton / chicken / venison stew - meat + gathered veg
- chicken broth with dumplings (chicken, dumplings (from the baker - flour + water (or milk), onion
- Impossible pie (it's a real thing), apples/berries, flour, milk (butter etc, but I think I read there is a limit)
- Apple Berry crumble.  (Crumble mix from baker - flour + butter), apples (berry) butter
and the list goes on, but these were things I thought of that could be made either with the existing BBQ/Soup or, with a small new cooking area, camp stove, etc (as above)

-- Please don't get me wrong, the mod is not lacking, at all, I LOVE it!!  it's more about things that I thought about as I was putting it together.  :)

I do love these mods, they are a great addition to the game, thank you so much @kid1293 :)

kid1293

Hi and Good Morning!
I've been thinking about what you wrote earlier.
And I will go through most of my mods and see if I want to update.
It is for the 1.0.7 of Banished and to put all my mods on the new
toolbar. @Necora really got us all working. :)

Gates - I guess I can make some it makes sense. Open like your sheep-pen gate
and maybe closed too.
Storage - I can not sort out specific products. It's all 'food' as seen by the game.
But something could be added. More sheds.  ;D
Market - I have a smaller market in my Rowhouse mod (4x4). I can hi-jack that one.
More food - ? Have to think about that one. I like the idea but I don't want to spam the game
with a dozen more dishes.
Soap maker - makes sense. Herbs and what more? Becomes a health product.
I am aware of afwings' Soapiary but he uses the big apiary building.

We will see how much there will be.