News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discrepancy work in progress

Started by Discrepancy, May 31, 2017, 04:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elemental

Well it's only half my idea... Kid made some welcome signs (that I only discovered very recently) that attract different numbers of nomads as a percentage of town population (100-50-20-10-5-2%).

If it can work for a sign it should work for a flag.  And it will give your flagmaker something to do. :)

Probably should also keep some flags that are just decorative, because not everyone wants nomads turning up all the time.

child_of_air

I second that request. Flags as nomad attraction sounds good, and will make me use them.

Hawk

Since I rarely use nomads this doesn't appeal to me, but wouldn't this take away flags from other production that could use it? It seems to me there isn't enough flags as it is to handle all the production.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

elemental

You're thinking of the category flags (food, stone, wood, etc) and I agree that even with the new flags Luke gave us recently, more would be better.

But the flags we are talking about are items made by Discrepancy's flag maker. They are just another game item like tools or clothing, and they are used to build a decorative flag for use on the flagpole.

brads3

the idea has merit. i wonder how difficult it will be to click on the flag to accept the nomads? i would recommend a nice base for the flag pole as a "click" spot.

Hawk

Quote from: elemental on February 07, 2018, 04:38:32 PM
You're thinking of the category flags (food, stone, wood, etc) and I agree that even with the new flags Luke gave us recently, more would be better.

But the flags we are talking about are items made by Discrepancy's flag maker. They are just another game item like tools or clothing, and they are used to build a decorative flag for use on the flagpole.

Ah! I misunderstood.   :-[
In that case, to quote Roseanne Roseannadanna - 'Never mind'.  ;D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

twilightbreeze

Trying to wait patiently for the update to the DS Jetty and Bridge mod. Really. Trying. So. Much.......... :-X
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

elemental

I'm also looking forward to that, with the water opacity on all those wooden posts.  :)  But there's a lot in that mod so I'm guessing it might take some time.

Discrepancy

I got side-tracked:

DS Guild Storage
BETA01

The Guild of Storage are masters of packing and storage.
The guild will take (some) food items, pack them to approx 1/10th of their original weight.
These are stored as inedible foods, they can be stockpiled in barns, taking up less storage space.
When needed they can be unpacked back into edible foods.
Packed foods can also be traded for a small increase in profit.

The Guild wishes to inform that they are currently only offering their services with the following foods:
Acorns,
Almond,
Apple,
Bean,
Berries,
Brussels Sprouts,
Cabbage,
Cherry,
Chestnut,
Corn,
Hazelnut,
Honey,
Horn Carrots,
Lentils,
Mushroom,
Onion,
Peach,
Pear,
Pecan,
Pepper,
Plum,
Potato,
Pumpkin,
Roots,
Squash,
Walnut,
Wheat,

** the building (Guild) is designed with Educated workers (an educated town) in mind. If worked by Uneducated workers you will have a loss of food!

All [stored] items have a storage weight of 1.

The following are the outputs for an Educated worker (uneducated will lose food and produce approx. half quantity):
65 x Almond, Apple, Cherry, Chestnut, Hazelnut, Peach, Pear, Pecan, Plum or Walnut will be packed into 6 of their [stored] equivalent. trade value = 12 each (total profit = 7)
44 x Acorns will be packed into 4 of their [stored] equivalent. trade value = 1 each (total profit = 4 * unpacked Acorns are worth 0, not traded. restricted trade on stored item.)
32 x Honey will be packed into 3 of their [stored] equivalent. trade value = 12 each (total profit = 4)
30 x Lentils will be packed into 3 of their [stored] equivalent. trade value = 12 each (total profit = 6)
28 x Bean, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Corn, Horn Carrots, Pepper, Potato, Pumpkin, Squash or Wheat will be packed into 2 of their [stored] equivalent. trade value = 17 each (total profit = 6)
22 x Berries, Mushroom, Onion or Roots will be packed into 2 of their [stored] equivalent. trade value = 14 each (total profit = 6)

[stored] foods can be unpacked: the same quantity of the original output will be required to unpack the stored goods.
For example: to unpack Apple [stored] you will need 6 x Apple [stored] to unpack into 65 Apple.
**this is by an Educated worker, uneducated will lose food again and only unpack 50.

packing numbers:
Educated / Uneducated
3 / 6 - Almond, Apple, Cherry, Chestnut, Hazelnut, Peach, Pear, Pecan, Plum, Walnut
2 / 4 - Acorns
2 / 3 - Honey
2 / 3 - Lentils
1 / 2 - Bean, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Corn, Horn Carrots, Pepper, Potato, Pumpkin, Squash, Wheat
1 / 2 - Berries, Mushroom, Onion, Roots

unpacking numbers:
Educated / Uneducated
65 / 50 - Almond, Apple, Cherry, Chestnut, Hazelnut, Peach, Pear, Pecan, Plum, Walnut
44 / 32 - Acorns
32 / 27 - Honey
30 / 24 - Lentils
28 / 20 - Bean, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Corn, Horn Carrots, Pepper, Potato, Pumpkin, Squash, Wheat
22 / 16 - Berries, Mushroom, Onion, Roots

* altered the vanilla storage barn (StorageBarn.rsc:storage) code to accept inedible foods.
* altered the citizen (Citizen.rsc:storage) code to accept inedible foods as well as all new 107 limit flags.

Download below for forum members:

Gatherer

I have to say that this looks mighty interesting! Hope to see some packed smoked fish as well.

Questions: Is it possible (by an add-on mods) to:
1. Disable merchants bringing these packed goods but only buying them?

or

2. Disable bringing their unpacked versions while selling and buying only packed ones?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

elemental

This is an interesting concept for storage and also for value-adding for export. I'm wondering if barrels and crates should be incorporated into this. Or would that just be overly complicated and annoying?

With or without barrels and crates you could could expand on this by adding an export company that ships these packed goods out in exchange for coin or other goods. I know we can already do that with normal trade ports but you could make an overland exporter/trader as something different. It would also give you more control over what can be traded, and at what price.

You mention that you have altered storage barn and citizen files. Is this mod compatible with mods that increase storage capacity? And also ageing mods?

Discrepancy

Quote from: Gatherer on February 10, 2018, 05:38:46 AM
I have to say that this looks mighty interesting! Hope to see some packed smoked fish as well.

Questions: Is it possible (by an add-on mods) to:
1. Disable merchants bringing these packed goods but only buying them?

or

2. Disable bringing their unpacked versions while selling and buying only packed ones?

Possibly yes for both. It would require altering the rawmaterial files and trade code of trading post, i will have to do some checks.

Quote from: elemental on February 10, 2018, 01:52:07 PM
This is an interesting concept for storage and also for value-adding for export. I'm wondering if barrels and crates should be incorporated into this. Or would that just be overly complicated and annoying?

With or without barrels and crates you could could expand on this by adding an export company that ships these packed goods out in exchange for coin or other goods. I know we can already do that with normal trade ports but you could make an overland exporter/trader as something different. It would also give you more control over what can be traded, and at what price.

You mention that you have altered storage barn and citizen files. Is this mod compatible with mods that increase storage capacity? And also ageing mods?

I'm not sure about the barrels, though it does make more sense.
If I added something like that the trade value would have to be increased.
Would we get the barrel returned after being unpacked?

I don't think there should be an issue as long as those mods also added: Grain | Fruit | Protein | Vegetable to the storage code.

Nilla

I'm always fond of game play changing mods. This sounds like one of those. I'm looking forwards on testing this one.

Barrels (that would be possible to reuse after unpacking) would be a nice add on. It's hard to say anything about the numbers without testing. I agree with @Gatherer; these processed fish and meat products from other mods, would be a good thing, to be able to pack.

carolinafan95

Love your work DS. I've got a great game going with all your mods and I love the look and functionality. I'm really liking the jetty system more than I thought. ;D
Got a question tho, are you planning on expanding the Celtic mod? More production buildings maybe. It would be interesting to have a full "town" like this.
Keep up the great work and thank you for what you do. :) I'd be happy if you did nothing but your great colonial styles, but we all like change. :)

Edit: Nevermind, saw the link with the picture for the beta of the Celtic mod. I'll try it this week. :)

Camillechan

Hey there, I heard you were playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance, and I was hoping if the architecture in the game inspired you :) I'm kindof hoping to build my own little fiefdom and those Bohemian village houses look really enticing haha