News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

A study of death

Started by torgonius, May 11, 2014, 07:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkelly17

I have not noticed a connection between health, happiness and life span. @slink, 92 is the oldest I've ever heard of. The highest I've seen is 90. I'm not sure that life span isn't at the mercy of the Great God RNG who in his/her infinite wisdom grants long life as seems fitting. Seriously, I had a person last night who had 1 half of 1 heart health and was the primary carrier in a typhus epidemic that claimed 5 or 6 lives. She was the physician! She lived to be 80 something. Some of the people who died from Typhus had 5 hearts.

mariesalias

I build my cemetery so that it will be done about the time the oldest settlers hit 60. Aside from a random accidental death, this keeps everyone happy. My towns are usually 5 hearts by then and I see people die anywhere between 60-and the upper 80s'. If there is some causation effect going on, I have not been able to discover it.

realm174

Just a random point, based on some comments above.. When one measures the age of death, and compares it to the health, and say, "guy died at 60 with 5 hearts", did he have 5 hearts all along? Is it possible that part of the age of death is affected by the heart, not only at the time of death, but through the entire lifespan? If that's the case, then earlier citizens would have less of a chance to live old, as the first years of a town usually gets a little flakey for health. So you would have to wait until at least the 2nd generation to have "proper" numbers...

This is totally untested, and is a thought that came across my mind as I was reading this thread, first thing in the morning, before drinking my coffee... so take it with a grain of salt :)

slink

In Boltona, the world years of birth and people ages at death, for the 24 people who had died by the year 17, are as follows.  The immigrants had died off except for Katheron, who was still alive at age 83.  I estimated their birth years by the date at which they turned 10 people years old.  The next generation was only beginning to die off in year 17.  There had been a total of 159 people living in the colony.

Original Immigrants

Salvaro b. -3, d. 84
Anay b. -2, d. 75
Lizabettie b. 0 d. 61
Antino b. 0 d. 80
Fredden b. -2, d. 83
Katerine b. -3, d. 68
Jarvie b. 0, d. 60
Aime b. 1, d. 73
Parrion b. -2, d. 85
Shastacy b. -2, d. 85
Drusillar b. 0, d. 86
Heller b. 0, d. 80
Katheron b. 1, still alive at 83
Lemmit b. -1, d. 78
Vincesca b. 2, d. 80
Estherine b. 0, d. 70
Lariel b. -1, d. 80
Vergio b. -2, d. 84
Jericka b. -2, d 74
Delandry b. 0, d. 73

Children Born In Colony

Tian b. 1, d. 62
Flemington b. 1, d. 78
Lornell b. 1, d. 73
Blaire b. 2, still alive at 78
Carine b. 4, still alive at 68
Mychalmers b. 4, still alive at 68
Talinett b. 4, still alive at 68
Loriano b. 4, d. 67
Zollison b. 4, d. 66
Parke b. 4, still alive at 68
Cartell b. 4, still alive at 68
Serenice b. 4, still alive at 64
Yoland b. 4, still alive at 64
Vanesha b. 4, d. 60

No more deaths beyond Vanesha, by year 17.