News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Maritimes Humble Construction V1.0.2

Started by Necora, September 17, 2017, 10:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necora

Maritimes Humble Construction V1.0.2 (September 18th 2017)

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=362

V1.0.2 Change Log
- changed the high:low values of iron back to 2:1 inline with vanilla.
- work time and work required have been reduced in both kiln and lumber cutter.
- lumber now requires 6 logs rather than 1, in line with other mods.
Note - these numbers will probably be adjusted again soon as other modders add lumber to their sets and a consensus is reached on the best output.

adelegarland

I love the humble look!   these will make a nice primitive village!!   Has this been tested with EMB's iron ore? 
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Necora

@adelegarland thanks, that's what I was going for! No it hasn't, but the iron ore files I used are the ones from Red so they should all be compatible together :)

embx61

@Necora

Changing the value of the Vanilla Iron from 1/2 to 3/4 is not a good move as many mods, including CC, do not change the Vanilla values and mostly just link to the Vanilla iron RawMaterial file AFAIK.
If your mod is loaded all those mods (and even the vanilla mine) will all be overpowered as well as the Vanilla RawMaterial Iron File will be overwritten by yours so their outputs increases 200% Uneducated and 100% Educated.

Even the vanilla Mine will get a 200% to 100% Iron increase if not changed to Iron Ore what will be mined when your mod is loaded.

I tinkered in the beginning while I was creating the smelter to change the vanilla iron values to 2/3 but scrapped it for the reasons above after realizing this would create a problem with about all the other mods what have smelters and Iron Gathering what using the Vanilla Iron Raw Material file.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Necora

Quote from: embx61 on September 17, 2017, 06:29:14 PM
@Necora

Changing the value of the Vanilla Iron from 1/2 to 3/4 is not a good move as many mods, including CC, do not change the Vanilla values and mostly just link to the Vanilla iron RawMaterial file AFAIK.
If your mod is loaded all those mods (and even the vanilla mine) will all be overpowered as well as the Vanilla RawMaterial Iron File will be overwritten by yours so their outputs increases 200% Uneducated and 100% Educated.

Even the vanilla Mine will get a 200% to 100% Iron increase if not changed to Iron Ore what will be mined when your mod is loaded.

I tinkered in the beginning while I was creating the smelter to change the vanilla iron values to 2/3 but scrapped it for the reasons above after realizing this would create a problem with about all the other mods what have smelters and Iron Gathering what using the Vanilla Iron Raw Material file.

Yeah, I do realize that, and I will probably change it back. The way high:low create values are coded is probably the one single most infuriating thing about how the mod kit is set up. I absolutely hate it.

embx61

Yeps, one of the limitations of the Mod Kit.

I have for the smelter 1 ore input and either 1 charcoal, 1 coal, or 2 firewood as fuels.

All running a loss at uneducated -3 with coal, -1 with charcoal, and -5 with firewood.  and the firewood is dead even with educated. I did this as firewood is not efficient to smelt ore but still wanted to leave the option in.

Educated firewood no profit(Even) With coal +1 each (2) and with Charcoal +2 each (4)

Firewood is the worst, then with coal(Value 6) and smelting with charcoal(Value 4) gives the best numbers.

This is all I could get because I not wanted to change the Iron Output because too many mods depending on the Vanilla values.

Necora

@embx61 ok so you are on the same thinking as me when using firewood as an industrial fuel. That is how I did it in the Pine Set for pitch, firewood is a loss for even educated workers I think, but I had it for when you don't have charcoal on hand. What are your high:low of charcoal?

embx61

Charcoal is produced from Firewood. 3 firewood value 4 creates 4 to 5 Charcoal value 4.

Worktime 4.  Work Required 12.

Necora

Ok, so our charcoal files are the same then. Differences in production - mine uses 5 wood or 3 pine boughs to make 4 to 5 charcoal.

Just so you are aware, CC high:low of charcoal is 55:45 form 3 pieces of wood with a super slow work time (because it is made from the same building that is designed to make bricks), so major funny things happen depending on load order. I can't change mine to their levels, because it will mess up the other chains that are using the pitch kiln. Pitch kiln makes pitch from boughs or wood and also charcoal from boughs or wood (they should be made at the same time realistically but I decided to separate them so you can manage production better), unless I split it into two kilns one for charcoal and one for pitch and change my charcoal to represent CC values.

embx61

Yeah, for some stuff I like to give uneducated a real disadvantage :)

I think it enhanced gameplay a bit as the player have to look so once in a while if the workers are educated in some production chains or running a loss. and fire them and hope he/she will be replaced with a educated one.

I downloaded and adjusted the CC spreadsheet with esterhb's permission so I can easily see the values as they are calculated automatic after a change in input/output.

I did it first on paper/with calculator but this saves a lot of time and I also released it so the players can see all my values of all the production buildings in the spreadsheet.

Necora

I like that I think it is how things should be balanced.

I use a spreadsheet too, although mine is more of a WIP as I forget to update it. I also forget to check other peoples sheets too  :-[

How do you calculate in work time/work required? They are things I never really got my head around.

embx61

I think kralyerg explained it one time what it does.

One value is like a work shift and the other is how long they hammer on a thing.
So a value of 4 the animation will be 4 time the hammer going up and down.

I know the higher the numbers the slower it will be and that is enough for me :)

Necora

Quote from: embx61 on September 17, 2017, 08:24:36 PM
One value is like a work shift and the other is how long they hammer on a thing.
So a value of 4 the animation will be 4 time the hammer going up and down.

Yeah, I think I had the same explanation. I don't think anyone really knows. Oh well.

Humble Construction has been updated to change some numbers, mainly iron as to not break the game ;)

RedKetchup

work required = time to have a batch processed and have the new resource created

float work time = time he needs to stay in place between moving from spot to spot or go make something else like errants
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Maldrick

@Necora

Just a heads up...The Kiln has the "Construction" spinner on the window instead of "Iron."  Didn't think anything of it at first, but noticed in-game that, correspondingly, the Iron limit doesn't limit production from this building.  The Iron produced still reports correctly.

What's weird is Construction doesn't seem to limit it either, unless you turn it down to 0.  Otherwise it bypasses that limit also.

Just thought I'd let you know.  Been having a blast with Maritimes off and on for the past month or two.  Thank you!
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze