News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Tuberculosis outbreak

Started by irrelevant, June 18, 2014, 06:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

Sometimes it works that way.  Maybe always, depending on how often you are willing to reload.  If the trading boat is too close to the dock, even if it has not touched, it is (nearly?) impossible to get a different trader.  It may depend on how far back your reload is from.  Reloading also works for random deaths, including death in childbirth.  Again, you have to be willing to reload until it doesn't happen.  Most of the time I do not bother for those.  I only did so for the first 17 years of Boltana because I was recording genealogy and wanted everyone to participate in the gene pool.

I do have 4.5 to 5 hearts, but didn't someone say that the chance of an outbreak of disease doesn't depend on the health of the community?

irrelevant

I kind of enjoy the challenge of trying to squash an outbreak; it's a nice change from micro-managing 14 TPs :o

I know, I'm sick.

I do finally have autotrading set up for most of my TPs. Problem is, I keep changing it: "Yeah, that's what I wanted to buy last year."

Quote from: slink on July 15, 2014, 07:40:50 AM
I do have 4.5 to 5 hearts, but didn't someone say that the chance of an outbreak of disease doesn't depend on the health of the community?

I'm not really sure how this could be known, or tested.

edit: Although what I would think would be more likely, would be that once an outbreak has occurred, an individual citizen's chance of catching the disease from another citizen would be modified by his individual health level.

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on July 15, 2014, 07:40:50 AM

That has certainly been my experience. The last several big epidemics I've had (Stupid hospital idlers  >:( ) almost all of the sick had 5 hearts with one or two 4.5. I know because I followed them all. I guess I'm as sick as @irrelevant.