News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

I wish you luck. A true monster!
It will be the monument of it's time. Is it Norwegian?

RedKetchup

yeah that thing is a monster, similar to asian big temples.... they are monsters.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Tom Sawyer

Yes, it's Norwegian. I made it from photos of the Gol Stave Church which is in the national museum in Oslo. :)

angainor88

Good luck with wrangling that!

Tom Sawyer

I have already a suggestion to add sleds as Sami people had it and I want to make it. So why not also some old wooden skis. I guess, it will be hard to see on the map. Maybe to lean it against a house wall or how do you mean it for decoration?

wiscoke

@Tom Sawyer  maybe like @RedKetchup did with his horse wagon -mod.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=412

but instead of horse + wagon, you can do reindeer + sled  :) :)

Tom Sawyer

I remember Red's horse wagon. It was a great idea and looks really funny in game. The suggestion about sleds was for a small storage item and I had the idea to use it in a start scenario where people arrive with a sled or two and a couple of reindeer as livestock. Then they can build some peat goahtis and live like true Sami people.

darnokthemage

Some sort of Nature pasture would be great for Reindeers, as they move freely in the forest. Like a pasture but it would allow trees and rocks. It would also make more sense for small farms, as cows and sheep have always moved freely in the forest in Northern Scandinavia.

Tom Sawyer

That's a good idea and I experimented with an open pasture some time ago. But it seems not possible to keep trees or rocks in a pasture object. The only things that can stay there would be ghosted objects but they cannot be harvested. So I canceled it.

darnokthemage

I also want to ask you for a favor, would you please add some of the buildings from the old church town in Burträsk. It was one of the largest and most unique in Sweden before it burnt down in the 30s. It is near to my heart as my Grandfathers family have lived in a village near Burträsk for hundreds of years.

Will share some pictures. There are more that i can find if you want them. :)

http://kmb.raa.se/cocoon/bild/kont-3e3f8712473b5481597b1f3c4244424436657745?form_name=searchresult&form_action=noop&offset=16

This is the layout of it. The boxes with points in them are stables.

One in colour, must have be painted.

This is a picture of the whole of Burträsk, but the churchtown is in the backround.

Drawing.

The fire in an early stage

One of the few surviving buildings. It was after the fire turned into a house for waymen to stay at, so it could be a boarding house?

This is all the pictures i can find, but it would be very lovely if you could at least consider using some of the buildings. :)

Tom Sawyer

Thanks Darnok, I saved your pictures to the other church town photos. Will look at them when starting with this type of house. Today I made some progress with the Temple, tamed the mass of faces and added the first textures. I try to focus on my Viking models to hopefully finish it some day.

Tom Sawyer

That's almost what we have with bog iron, but I did not know that it was also collected right on a lake, as in your picture.

darnokthemage

Would you consider making "wool coats" into wool clothes, as it makes more sense for a longer period of time.

Tom Sawyer

The tailor recipes I want to rework a bit for some more medieval or Viking clothes like tunics made from linen or wool with leather or fur additions and such. Not sure yet how exactly but wool coats will possibly removed.

What I remember when reading your thought is our little Swedish translation for North 5. It would not be much effort to add names for version 6 if I get some help. There we could also change names of wool coats to clothes and it may be even more interesting in your own language. Can make a nice homelike atmosphere in game.

darnokthemage

That would work, and i would gladly do some översättning (translating).