News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Stone Bridge v1.2 (updated 05 Feb 2018)

Started by Discrepancy, December 20, 2017, 10:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

DS Stone Bridge  -  v1.2  -  05 Feb 2018

Build a large stone bridge in your town. Mostly modular in construction, it can allow many variations and layouts.
The bridge walkways sit 1.37m above ground height.
The mod is large and has many parts. I suggest exploring everything first and then planning and laying down the bridge.
Some buildings come with a bridge walkway section as part of the model. Read the toolbar tooltips as they will give you more indication on use.

added in v1.1:

The mod includes:
Walkways:

• Stone Bridge Ramps - 2x6 & Short 2x4 - entry/exit ramps for the walkway pieces.
  • Stone Bridge Stairs - 4x4 - entry/exit stairs for the walkway pieces.
  • Stone Bridge - 2x3 walkway with pillar, 2x2 extension, 2x1 extension, 1x1 extension.
  • Stone Bridge, Jetty Connection - 2x3 walkway with pillar that has cutouts in bridge to use with DS Jetty & Bridge: High Jetty pieces.
  • Stone Bridge - 2x2 Corner, 3-way intersection, 4-way intersection
  • Stone Bridge - 2x4 End piece, a dead end bridge section.
  • Stone Bridge Corner Brace - 1x1, does not allow access, stops citizens falling on corners.
  • Stone Bridge - DrawBridge piece, buildable as a passable bridge, or a raised impassable variant. *NEW in v1.1
Housing:

• Stone Bridge Tiny UnderHouse - 2 occupants, 800capacity - house includes walkway piece. *NEW in v1.1
  • Stone Bridge Small Home - 3 occupants, 850capacity - attaches to the side of a pre-built walkway.
  • Stone Bridge OverHouse - 5 occupants, 1200capacity - house includes walkway piece.
  • Stone Bridge House - 5 occupants, 1200capacity - attaches to the side of a pre-built walkway.
  • Stone Bridge Home - 6 occupants, 1350capacity - attaches to the side of a pre-built walkway. *NEW in v1.1
  • Stone Bridge Large Home - 7 occupants, 1800capacity - house includes walkway piece.
Storage:

• Stone Bridge Tiny UnderStorage - 3x3 walkway pillar piece, 1500capacity (Edible,Vegetable,Fruit,Grain,Protein,Tool,Health,Clothing,Textile,Crafted,Forged,Fabrics,Misc). acts as a walkway piece.*NEW in v1.1
  • Stone Bridge Storage Walk - 2x3 walkway pillar piece with barrels and crates, 1000capacity (Edible,Vegetable,Fruit,Grain,Protein,Tool,Health,Clothing,Textile,Crafted,Forged,Fabrics,Misc). acts as a walkway piece.
  • Stone Bridge Storage Shed - 5500capacity (Edible,Vegetable,Fruit,Grain,Protein,Tool,Health,Clothing,Textile,Crafted,Forged,Fabrics,Misc) - attaches to the side of a pre-built walkway.
Production & Services:

• Stone Bridge Fishing Spot - 2x2 extension, allows 1-2 Fisherman. acts as a walkway piece.
  • Stone Bridge End Fishing Spot - 2x5 End piece, allows 1-3 Fisherman.
  • Stone Bridge Tavern - Brews Ale & Mead, 1-2 Brewers - attaches to the side of a pre-built walkway.
  • Stone Bridge Archive Tower - Holds city records and information, allowing you to view city statistics. Does not attract nomads. includes walkway piece.
  • Stone Bridge Workshop - workshop to make basic tools, clothing and fishing gear, 1-2 blacksmiths. end piece, has own walkway.
Decorations:
free build, ghost decorations, delete via UI box (click on item and press 'Remove.')

• Deco Barrels 1.37m
  • Deco Boxes 1.37m
  • Deco Food Bags & Boxes 1.37m
  • Deco Bottles 1.37m
  • Deco Prop 1.37m - logs & stone piles
  • Deco Tables 1.37m
  • Deco Wagon 1.37m
  • Deco Stone Bridge Build Trusses
  • Deco Stone Bridge Pillar
  • Deco Stone Bridge Lantern
  • Deco Stone Bridge Fence
  • Deco Stone Bridge Edge
Other:

• No Access Square - a blank empty tile that stops access of citizens travel. Can be used to stop citizens veering off defined paths or falling off the edge of modular jetties & bridges.
  • Stone Bridge Left - left side of normal construction bridge, place from shore to shore.
  • Stone Bridge Right - right side of normal construction bridge, place from shore to shore.
Resources:

• Lumber - required as a construction cost - use with DS Lumber Mill or similar, or trade.
  • Fishing Gear - required as a construction cost - made at Stone Bridge Workshop or use DS Small Village: Production.
  • Mead - made at the Stone Bridge Tavern.
  • Honey - required for brewing Mead - use with DS Small Village: Production or similar, or trade.
  • Water - optional use in brewing Mead - use with DS Small Village: Production or similar, or trade.

This mod includes the NewLimits files by Kralyerg @BlackLiquid

I suggest starting a new game.

Thanks to everyone for ideas, resources and support,
extra thanks for testing: Kid1293, elemental, Hawk, Maldrick, Tom Sawyer, Paeng, ancientmuse, adelegarland, pappa, galensgranny, kralyerg, twilightbreeze & anyone else I forgot.

Download from here.

Change Log:

v1.2  -  05 Feb 2018  --  **you must demolish the End Fishing Spot, Tiny UnderHouse and Tiny UnderStorage buildings before updating game:
      - fixed issue of End Fishing spot not working.
      - altered the Tiny UnderHouse and Tiny UnderStorage, now built on 3x3.
      - fixed and adjusted AO images of the Tavern, Drawbridge, Archive Tower, Workshop, Tiny UnderHouse & UnderStorage.
      - fixed model and texture issues with Archive Tower.
      - adjusted the 2 Fishing Spots and Tavern to show radius circle.
      - added % capacity to Tavern UI, other improvements.
      - improvements to buildings production history UI.
      - fishing work icon improvement.
      - string text edit.

v1.1  -  01 Feb 2018
      - updated bridge texture materials to opaque in water (thanks to Tom Sawyer).
      - added 2x5 Drawbridge.
      - added 6 occupant bridge home.
      - added 2 occupant underbridge home.
      - added 1500 capacity underbridge storage.
      - fixed issues of trading boats not stopping at trading posts.
      - minor text and icon changes.

v1.0    -    21122017
        initial public release.

StringTable download:
(for translation modding)
DSStoneBridgeStringTable.rscv1.2

Antiligent

Doesn't shows circle of the both Fishing Spots after placing.

Hawk

It does but it's hard to see in the water. If I remember right, you have to zoom all the way out to see it. I'm not sure if it works with that blue circle mod you're using.

Maybe someone else will confirm or correct me on this. I no longer have the map I was playing when testing this mod and it's going to be a while before I can start building the bridges again.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Antiligent

Quote from: Hawk on December 23, 2017, 07:04:27 AM
It does but it's hard to see in the water. If I remember right, you have to zoom all the way out to see it. I'm not sure if it works with that blue circle mod you're using.
Anyway it should be seen on the ground. Vanilla fishing circle works fine.

galensgranny

This is a great set, Discrepancy!   Sometimes I would wind up with a map with so much water so just exited to find a map with more land.  But now I can better build onto the water, and with sturdy buildings.

I sent you a private message about this set but even though it said it was sent, when I look in my "sent messages", there is nothing.  So I don't know if the message really got sent.  Aside from thanking you for this set, something I said in that message is that the name "Stone Bridge" sounds like it is only a bridge.  Since it is so much more, if you ever thought to change the name, maybe "Stone Bridge Plus" would be good.

Discrepancy

updated to v1.1
      - updated bridge texture materials to opaque in water (thanks to Tom Sawyer).
      - added 2x5 Drawbridge.
      - added 6 occupant bridge home.
      - added 2 occupant underbridge home.
      - added 1500 capacity underbridge storage.
      - minor text and icon changes.

this has increased the .pkm size to 68 MB (69,724 KB) - download .zip 41.7 MB (42,715 KB)

Hawk

Quote from: Discrepancy on February 01, 2018, 05:04:08 AM

Just out of curiosity, was the problem there?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Discrepancy

I adjusted more of the bridge piece templates MapDescription pathBitmap to allow boat travel (and more zigzag).
Plus I changed all the pathType to Water.

I tested numerous times, by itself, with my other mods added, the north, a few others and I had trade boats always stop.

I used all bridges.

the normal construction bridge,
the new drawbridge pieces,
the 2x2 or 2x1 Stone Bridge Extension, (**the 2x2 fishing spot will NOT allow boat travel, this was always intentional - perhaps this is what is catching players out?)
2x3 pillar piece, the end pieces when utilized with at least 1 2x2 or 2x1 extension it should allow boat travel.
I have also altered some of the house, storage and ramp pieces to do the same.
I have not tested with CC, so i'll be interested to see if players still have issues.

:)

Hawk

I have a couple more production facilities to build in Red's Editor's Choice mod, then a little testing on them, then I'll be able to test your new Stone Bridges. The map I'm currently playing on doesn't have any lakes on the river on it.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

elemental

More bridge toys! Yay!

I'll give it a go with CC.

elemental

Will you be updating the wooden bridge set soon, @Discrepancy? They also block boats for me. I'm guessing you will be adding the water opacity to them sooner or later, too.

carolinafan95

Dont use CC, but your updated bridges are working for me. Thanx. :)

elemental

Success! The updated stone bridges let boats pass on a CC Lake Waters map.  :)

But it looks like there's a new problem, @Discrepancy. The stone bridge end fishing spot won't work. Workers are reluctant to go there, and when they finally do go there they do a bit of work and then idle endlessly. They basically get stuck there and can't leave. I need to investigate a bit more, but I built the exact same bridge in my previous game (using the same map seed) and the fishing spot worked fine. So something has changed in the updated version?

I love the water opacity on the bridge pillars. It's a small detail but it really makes a difference.  :)

Discrepancy

updated to v1.2
      - fixed issue of End Fishing spot not working.
      - altered the Tiny UnderHouse and Tiny UnderStorage, now built on 3x3 - removed blank tiles on 1 side.
      - fixed and adjusted AO images of the Tavern, Drawbridge, Archive Tower, Workshop, Tiny UnderHouse & UnderStorage.
      - fixed model and texture issues with Archive Tower.
      - adjusted the 2 Fishing Spots and Tavern to show radius circle.
      - added % capacity to Tavern UI, other improvements.
      - improvements to buildings production history UI.
      - fishing work icon improvement.
      - string text edit.

**you must demolish the End Fishing Spot, Tiny UnderHouse and Tiny UnderStorage buildings before updating in save game

.pkm size = 68.1 MB (69,833 KB)   --   download .zip size =  41.8 MB (42,809 KB)

if you are using MegaMod 8 beta 2, you will need to place this mod above in the mod list.

Freedom

Discrepancy, this is an awesome mod. But a couple minor and self-correcting issues with the v1.2 update.

• In demolishing the End Fishing Spot a crate of fish was left floating in mid air. After rebuilding the crate was properly placed and removed per usual. But had I not rebuilt...

• In rebuilding both the Tiny UnderHouse and Tiny UnderStorage buildings, the build versions are offset by one tile. Initial placement and final result are fine, but the build steps had me thinking I placed them incorrectly.

Thanks for all your great mods.