News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Trying out RK Editor Choice Edition

Started by galensgranny, January 15, 2018, 09:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

DUH!!!!  :-[ I didn't know you had to hit the keys repeatedly (I can hit each key up to 8 times). That does give a bit more than just once. It would still be nice to get more tilt, but thanks Red for educating me - again.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

grammycat

Me too-I didn't know this either so thank you.  There's a lot of Georgia people here-I'm from Valdosta.

Hawk

Quote from: grammycat on January 17, 2018, 04:45:03 PM
Me too-I didn't know this either so thank you.  There's a lot of Georgia people here-I'm from Valdosta.

Ah yes! South Georgia. Pretty country down there, but not as pretty as north Georgia. But then, I am a mountain man.  ;D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

galensgranny

RedKetchup, you have fences around seemingly all the production buildings.  You really like fences!  :D   I like it for some of the buildings, but not for all.  For the gatherer and hunter,  the fenced in yard takes up space that I personally would prefer not to be taken up.  Maybe you would think to make a variant with just those buildings without the "front yard".

I love your stone houses.  :)   Perhaps you might someday release them as separates when a person just wants an addition to the basic game.  When I have too many big mods, my game takes so long to load, so sometimes it would be nice to play a quick game with just some of your buildings, that would not take so long to load.

RedKetchup

Quote from: galensgranny on January 22, 2018, 02:52:00 AM
RedKetchup, you have fences around seemingly all the production buildings.  You really like fences!  :D   I like it for some of the buildings, but not for all.  For the gatherer and hunter,  the fenced in yard takes up space that I personally would prefer not to be taken up.  Maybe you would think to make a variant with just those buildings without the "front yard".

even with no fence, as a variant, the footprint would take the same space :) you cannot change the footprint size with variants.

RedKetchup

i did finished the 3 open-sky mines. some details to solve though
i am getting some weird blue tint color on my walls inside the hole in only 2 of the 3 mesh and i have no idea why. the iron one doesnt get that, the hole part and the digging are exactly the same in the 3 meshes. i dont understand

kid1293

Probably your texture that has some blue pigment.
It is enhanced when dark. Think about natural shadows.
They have a tinge of blue (unless they are red or green)

Perfect!

RedKetchup

i tried to give the iron rusted texture to the rock one, although cause the orange-brown texture we werent seeing it, but on the stairs we were seeing the blue tint. (screenshot1)
so it is something else.

then i thought about the AO files. i just redid those completly... still same, screenshot 2

tonight , when back from sleep, i will detach the hole and the ground base from the iron mine and i will copy it to the rock one and the random one (which holes will be deleted) and reform the meshes with the iron one.

Yandersen

Quote from: kid1293 on January 24, 2018, 05:01:49 AMPerfect!
Looks awesome, I like it too! But imagining myself a geologist and being critical over everything, I must mention that stone layer shouldn't start right at the very surface, since generally those excavation sites are to be placed on flat surfaces, not mountains, therefore on top layer there still should be soil and then sand and only deeper one may expect to see the stone. Looks awesome, but slightly illogical, that's what I try to say.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Yandersen on January 24, 2018, 06:19:08 AM
Quote from: kid1293 on January 24, 2018, 05:01:49 AMPerfect!
Looks awesome, I like it too! But imagining myself a geologist and being critical over everything, I must mention that stone layer shouldn't start right at the very surface, since generally those excavation sites are to be placed on flat surfaces, not mountains, therefore on top layer there still should be soil and then sand and only deeper one may expect to see the stone. Looks awesome, but slightly illogical, that's what I try to say.

yeah but need to recover the very very bad holes completly. maybe one day you will experiment the digging through ground function ^^ haha
you can only cut the ground by full tiles of 1'x1'