News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Strange Storage

Started by kid1293, January 31, 2018, 01:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

I ran into problems with bannies carrying things back and forth between different
storagelocations. I'll try to be brief. :)

I produce wine in my monastery and get a good storage. (storage set to alcohol)
If I change to produce ale, all wine is emptied out and carried to tavern. (alcohol storage)
If the tavern also is set to produce ale the wine is immediately taken out and
carried to the monastery. Endless circle.

To test this I change storage in monastery to 'edible' and started to produce cheese.
After a while I had a nice storage of cheese so I changed to produce bread.
The cheese was immediately taken out and placed in barn.
(Nothing wrong, no circle behaviour. It can stay in barn.)

If you have a producer with built-in storage, only the current product will be left in storage!

I can find no workaround to this. A building which produces several random things will have
a constant running back and forth with stuff to carry away to other storage places.
The storage will be useless.  :(

Turis

Let me see... Does this happen to all of them or only the buildings with production chain?

kid1293

The building with production chain gets emptied out if I (or random generator)
choose to make a new product.

Alcohol is a special case since, in vanilla, only tavern has alcohol storage flag.
If I build a storage for alcohol, wine will be placed there without problem if
I change production to ale.

edit - I re-read your post. Yes, only production buildings. Fisherman is safe - only one product.
But if you start catching several sorts of fish...
Didn't think straight. Fisherman has problem
with use-points. The place where they stand and fish. Those points are also used to load/unload
in storage. I don't want to dump a load of fish at their feet.  :(

Nilla

Quote from: kid1293 on January 31, 2018, 01:59:38 AM
A building which produces several random things will have
a constant running back and forth with stuff to carry away to other storage places.
The storage will be useless.  :(

I haven't tested it but it looked like the gatherer from @Yandersen worked. It produce several random goods. Maybe these building with built in stores are mainly for use in remote areas. I also think, that there's little use of such a building in other areas. Alcohol in a vanilla kind of brewery, where it can be stored and also consumed, is of cause something different. It always worked that way. But maybe not this endless circle, because you seldom change the production in one brewery. That´s the reason, that no one saw this as a problem so far.

I guess you want your monastery to produce and store a lot of random things. If it doesn't work. Leave the storage part and make a storage in the same style, to be built separate.

kid1293

Hej @Nilla !

Yandersen's storage works because gatherer is not a producer, only a placeholder
for bannies to go and collect things.

Turis

RedKetchup

i think it this a suspecting strange behavior that can happends if you give a storage to a consume-producer because in fact, it never been "intended" to work that way by Luke.

did you tried to play with the true/false keys of the StorageDescription storage?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

No, I did not change the keys. I don't know what they do in game.