News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Pottery problem Red's NMT, CC, Embx clay

Started by galensgranny, April 03, 2018, 12:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

I am having a problem with use of pottery.

I recently added Colonial Charter The Forge Awakens (the previous version to what is their current update).  I am using Red's Editor's Choice 11.  (In addition, I have a great many other mods, such as almost all of Kid's mods, EB's Mods, Discrepancy's Mod, Red's mods, etc.)

In Colonial Charter, one can upgrade houses, but one needs what they call "housewares".   One option to make a "set" of housewares is to have their Building Supplier combine furniture and pottery.

I used Embx's shore hut to get clay.

I built Red's pottery business building from NMT 2.04 to make the needed pottery.  So far, so good.  Lot's of pottery got to my storage.  But, none of the pottery goes to the Colonial Charter Building Supplier production building.

So I though that Red's pottery is different than CC's pottery, so I made a CC pottery maker.  But it wasn't making pottery.   

Does this mean that CC's potter does not like Embx's clay?

brads3

is the forge the 1.06 version? that is 1 issue. you will need the compatability 1.07 mod and/or the compatability buildings mod. mod order will matter as well. i would think you need the NMT,CC TFA, and then the new RK in that order.put the compatability 1.07 just bove the RK but below the older CC. not none of this is going to work with a saved game.

galensgranny

Thanks, Brad!  :)   I will give your advice a try.

I don't know if CC TFA is 1.06.

I have a mod with file name "compatibility 1.07" from Black Liquid's site.  On the site, it is called "1.0.7 Compatibility for MegaMod 0.07".  Is that a correct compatibility mod to use?  I have not seen a "compatibility buildings mod".

brads3

yes. that is to help solve conflicts between the 1.06 and 1.07 mods due to flag changes. should fix brick issues as well. the clay now is tagged different than before. with the compatability mod,RED's  NMT clay can make CC bricks and vise versa.
  i have switched my mods tom the RK EC and add the fort modular mods that CC has out.i don't have as many colonial buildings now but the windata folder is much smaller.game has more speed. with my setup,i don't need the compatable mods now.

galensgranny

@brads3 , yay!  the load order you said to use worked, including the compatibly mod I had!  Now the CC TFA Building Supplier likes and uses the pottery from Red's NMT corner pottery making building!  ;D   Everyone like's Eb's clay.

One problem is that my ground has no nice green grass.  It's a dreary world with dark earth with what looks like patches of dark green moss.

I am using Multiple Starts by Tikaszar.

My load order is:

Banished UI mod by discrepancy
Multiple Starts by Tikaszar
Medieval Town 2.04 by RedKetchup
Kid's Tiny Separate (need to have above cc because they both have a "tiny house" and I like Kid's tiny house)
Colonial Charter TFA
1.0.7 Compatibility by Black Liquid
RK's Editor's Choice 11
And then a whole lot of mods by various people.

Any suggestions as to how I can get the nice green grass terrain?

I am going to try moving around the Multiple Starts to see if I will still get the start I want, without messing up other things, to result in nice green grass.

Abandoned

@galensgranny the terrain color has nothing to do with the multiple start mod.  I believe you are getting that terrain from RK editors choice mod.

galensgranny

Yeah, I realize now that the Multiple Starts wouldn't change the terrain.  I was able to have a game start with CC verdant plains, and get nice green grass, but I don't get the hills I want from the original game "valleys" terrain.

I suppose I could use the terrain tool to make some mountains.

Abandoned

Multiple Starts over-ride CC start conditions?  I would not have thought to use the 2 together.  I like all the choice of the multiple starts mod and have used it many times.  On my laptop, it runs best if I use CC alone and I thought it has a nice selection of start conditions also.  Variety is always nice.  :)  Good luck with your map.

galensgranny

Yes, Multiple Starts does override CC start conditions.  One of the starts I have been using gives 30 families.  I don't always want to start from lack of everything, and want to get on with building, so I like the 30 families start.  I just now can't get them to live on the Valley map with nice green grass.  Well, I was able to when I had the load order different, but then with the different load order, I had that pottery problem.

RedKetchup

RK ed change the ground texture though, put it off to see if it is responsable of your problem :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

this is all that " give and take" that i mention in my town blogs. i am surprised REd didn't ask you the big question. what is the reason for each of the CC,old NMT,and RK mods?? what is the main thing you are trying to get from each mod. you did explain why the multiple starts,you want the extra bannnies.
      to get the fodder,you can move things but there is a cost. you most likely will lose something else. that is why i ask what the big goal is.this way fixes the clay but as you found causes a different issue.also,you should delete the registry each time you redo the order.that is touchy. if i move my mods and forget or move 1 higher than it should be, the CC terrains can affect the starts even after i move it down later.
       delete the registry and then start over.to get RED's starts,you will need to move the compatability 1.07 and RK EC above the multiple start mod and hope. after completely reloading the game,run a check on a medium valley start. if you get a terrain that you like, use the debug and set a trade post and townhall. check both inventories using the star button on the debug to see all items.note any blank tags.those are conflicts.
     that should get you the fodder. once you try a multiple start setting it might have fodder,it might not. what other problems might come up though?

galensgranny

@RedKetchup  I disabled RK Editor's Choice and now all the grass is nice and green.   So, RK EC is changing the terrain even when CC TFA is above it.

Brads, I am not up to using fodder.  The top most important reason I want RK EC and CC is for the houses and Red's other buildings such as the school, some of the barns, and his new colored fences.  I only added CC the other day to get some of the houses.  I like that there are some building requirements needing some building chains for some of CC and Red's houses.  But, I want pretty green grass.  I play for making a nice town where no one dies.  At this time, I don't want to have to clear all that fodder/thatch stuff that is all over in RK EC.

So, I want pretty green grass using the Valley's terrain, Red's houses, CC's houses and for the CC Building Supplier to uses Red's pottery made from NMT corner pottery maker.

I never thought to clear the registry after changing mod order.  I will do that.  I don't think that will give me the green grass, though. 

I might not be able to get it exactly how I want.  But, maybe, somehow, there is some way.

Sometimes I think mixing the mods and then figuring out how to make them all work as one desires is another fun challenge.  :)

Sorry modders, but you all make such nice things that one wants all!

brads3

yes,it can be a fun challenge to se what will work together. clearing the registry and moving the multiple starts below RK should fix the terrain.with the RK Ec lower,the other losses should be the pigs and chickens and the copper and silver ores. not sure if it will give you REDs townhall and school. to get RED's buildings and do away with the fodder,you can use the addon of CC terrains above the RK. then the compatability 1.07 and the CC TFA and NMT.that should set RED's city buildings to load 1st and add the CC houses and chains to it.and then the multiple starts below all that should just give larger start groups. i would test a vanilla start to see how it looks and what buildings are offered before trying a multiple start setting.

i did try the mutliple start mod to see if it would give an A&E start without disrupting other mods a while back.did not work the way i had hoped. i did have crop issues that gave odd outputs. inconsistent yeilds,sometimes a field gave 700 and a field next to it gave 500 or less.never could figure out why.hope you have better luck with it. if not or if the start doesn't work with the terrain ,you can use the debug and increase the bannie population and food or supplies at the start.

clearing the registry is no fun. takes a lot of time to reset all the mods.with over 135 mods,it can take half hour just to setup the order.not counting running various tests to be sure it is right.

kid1293

I have edited Dry Gordon's registry sorter script to only clear out all mod info.
In mod menu you get an alphabetic list of not selected mods. Every setting for gameplay is preserved.
You have to sort the mods yourself but all mods are reset.

A few seconds and all is done. You get a .reg-file you can double-click if you regret what you did.
That will put all back to what it was before.

Run as administrator. You get a warning if you don't.

Shoot me if it blows up your computer. :)

edit - put it anywhere and doubleclick it.

EDIT - I remove this as it only adds to the confusion.

brads3

i have to try that. i did download the other but haven't tested it eithrr yet.