News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress (2) thread

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2018, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

we dont have a lot of explications about what is doing what, none.
gave us examples and the resources files ( not all the files though) and said : Do the same !!!

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

You can use those values to change the default action of different code sections.
Here they are meant together with the 'map' section of the code.

bool _addOnCreate = false;
If you set this to true with smoke it will have smoke all the time, not only when there is a worker.
It means you can have smoke from a town hall.

Why this has to be in map section I do not know. It seems totally irrelevant.

bool _neverAdd = true;
Is the 'map' section of this building added at all to the world?
With this true a bridge will not block the trader.

But obviously you can set pathbits and they seem to be 'added' to the world. Strange.
Maybe changes the behavior of layers...

brads3

KID do you know of any of those lines that will ake fire all the time too, without a worker?

RedKetchup

the thing for fire without worker, the fire start as soon as the material requirement has been completed. and you will see the fire already and the buildiers didnt did a slam of hammer yet.

this is why i ve put 1 worker on the lighthouse. and my lamp posts with fire they are instant build ghosted item.

brads3

that makes sence. i noticed DS has the foundy fire to turn off with workers as well. just wondered if maybe KID knew something different.what happended to the coder from a few weeks ago? i didn't mean to scare him away.

RedKetchup

presently and since a day or 2, i am revisiting all the tooltips that coming from my RKEC mod.

i try to make the tooltips with most infos possible. size... cost.. employment.. radius... attendance... weight capacity... what can craft... even tips at the end
of each item.

an example:

NMT30Watermill
Medieval watermill makes flour from grain. Size: 9x7. Cost 48 lumber, 42 stone, 32 iron. Can make: flour from wheat, corn, barley, sorghum, oat, rye, rice. Employment: 1-3 millers. Tips: This building require some water tiles. Work faster than windmill. They take 16 grains and make 24-32 flour. +100% educ. , +50% uneduc.

there is a lot of lines.

in same time, those lines can help me to do some kind of wiki.

brads3

lots of work but i do think that is useful info to have. it is appreciated.

taniu

@ RedKetchup  :D :D :D DThank you for the answer - I do not know when it will appear on the forum - I will be very busy - a big renovation awaits me - replacement of plumbing - I do not like renovations - my daughter is taking us home, I do not know what will be the pleasure when it comes to the Internet? I personally have the internet advantage. Cheers!

taniu

@RedKetchup  :D ;D ;DI think about Egypt - I know that you are very busy or maybe there is another reason that you will not spend the fashion of "Egypt"? Do you still have beta? I liked buildings very much - do not worry, it's only my request - maybe next year? how long do we live to 2020? Cheers :P

RedKetchup

Quote from: taniu on January 22, 2019, 01:06:33 PM
@RedKetchup  :D ;D ;DI think about Egypt - I know that you are very busy or maybe there is another reason that you will not spend the fashion of "Egypt"? Do you still have beta? I liked buildings very much - do not worry, it's only my request - maybe next year? how long do we live to 2020? Cheers :P

haha it will be in 2019!

once last patch RKEC 1.23 is out... i go back to RotP

presently, today... i decided to change something that was bothering me a lot : the color of the colorful fences...
i changed the colors.

taniu

@RedKetchup :D :D :DI know that you are very busy and busy when creating new mods - you have to forgive me - I'm an old marauder - but I can not forget your project about "Egypt" - it's fantastic - maybe I miss an exotic - reality I will never visit exorbitant countries - I have only "Banished" :( :P. Cheers

RedKetchup

i am still preparing the last patch of RKEC (RKEC patch 1.3 and not 1.23)

i am adding 2 more terrains : Woodland Meadow and Efflorescence.

i also testing in these 2 new terrain, a new mountain texture (instead of the dull brown texture)
what you think about those ?

brads3

does look different. how long before you release the latest?  or is the current downoad fixed of bugs?

RedKetchup

there is not alot of bugs.... only one i think, the dock school needs a walking dock to the right of it.
out of that everything is fine!

in feb 2019

edit: and i always make sure it is fully compatible with old saves. i still have 1.0 saves that upgrade to 1.22 (and soon 1.3) very very fine without any problem.
for me thats extremly important.

brads3

thank you.i plan to download next week.