News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Rk Editor Choice questions

Started by Darcy, October 24, 2018, 07:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darcy

Hey all,

I got bored of my achievement runs and vanilla, so I downloaded and played some of the RKEC, and.. I am confused/overwhelmed. There's suddenly so much more, and I was wondering if there's somewhere a comprehensive guide on what to go for and how to play, and what each building does? I tried searching here but I couldn't find anything, sorry if I was looking with my nose again and I missed it.

Thanks in advance!

brads3

good morning and welcome to modding.you are correct that the RK adds so much it can be like a totally new game.some was designed to step up.you start with basic buildings and work your way to higher grade or better buildings.there are also many craft or trade items. much of what players found lacking or missing from the vanilla game has been added over time with mods. many of these ideas are added into the RK, this includes  a dairy,mill and bakery,bricks,lumber,a variety of clothing options,etc.

each player has their own style or likes. some like colonial style buildings,some to build villages and some  to decorate large mega cities.we are all diferent. banished gives us a way to make our own game. as you try different mods and play more, you will find your own style. over time you will find yourself searching or wishing for different options.

at the start the RK makes several changes to the base map. iron is now iron ore and must be processed into iron for some buildings. you have some other new ores as well.you also have fodder-thatch grass and flowers. the grass is part of the greenhouse chain.the flowers can be used to craft perfume for trading. the deer are now a variety of wild animals.

after that it becomes a choice. there is lots of buildings you can make with with basic materials.you could trade for or process higher grade materials. there really isn't a chart. RED is still adding to the mod. much of what you see is a combination of many many mods that RED has made over several years. it is a huge and on-going project.

don't get too overwhelmed by all the changes. they are simple short chains.glass is made from sand that comes from a sand pit.bricks from clay via the clay pit. the foundry can process many types of ores.remember to look under the people icon for the new buildings and handy storage options.once you lay a building down,you can pause it while you make or trade for all the building materials needed.  the best advice to learn it is really to play a few games with it. if you get lost or think something is missing feel free to ask. start with a basic start village and work your way from there. main thing is to have fun with it.

RedKetchup

hello.

i am sorry if there isnt a guide or a wiki for it.
after patch 1.2 i ll try to make a guide for it before releasing a beta for Rise of the Pharaoh.

as game play, you do as usual. make food buildings, do your woodcutter / blacksmith. dont wait too long to make your school. education is very important in this mod or you will find it very hard. start processing your building materials : lumbermill for lumber, sand pit + glassmaker for glass, clay pit and kiln for your bricks/rooftiles.

and then you are set to make advanced buildings : townhall, hospitals, real trading post, etc.

once you get lumber, you already get some building requirement met like tailor and other.
if you want to go mining, i suggest my quarries, a lot better than vanilla ones plus you have more choice of what is mined (iron ore and copper), (stone and salt and coal) (or a random one with a chance to get very rare metal and gems)

there is a lot of chain to make a good economy.

and then, as your city get crowded, you can go to fertilizer/greenhouse setup which takes less space , less workers, more throughput.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

elemental

Feel free to ask questions here, but don't be afraid to jump in and try it for yourself. Most of it makes sense and should be fairly easy to work out. But you can always ask here if you need to.  :)

theonlywanderer

It can seem overwhelming, but it's actually really focused once you take a closer look.   I'd say the housing was the most complex.  I already had past experience with the NMT stuff, so it wasn't too bad for me.  But, everything else is pretty straight forward.   Just run through the toolbar and you'll get the hang of it quickly enough.      I couldn't figure out how to turn cotton and flax in to cloth and linen....   finally figured out it was part of the tailor shop.

It's really a matter of what kind of info you want because part of the fun is discovering everything and I don't think anyone would want to ruin that aspect for you unless you let them know it's okay.

embx61

A guide or chart is of course a nice thing to have.

But most of us Modders are single modders and not a team like Black Liquid from CC where several people do several things.
Like one who does the coding, another who does Icons, yet another who does a guide/wiki, another who does the 3d modeling. Then another who does testing, etc. etc.

I finally decided to make a spreadsheet but only after I saw that CC had one and I asked the creator of that spreadsheet permission to make a copy and edit it to suit my needs.
That sped up the process but i can see that someone with no or not much knowledge about excel files have a hard time making/editing one.

Writing guides and stuff is the most boring and time consuming stuff and probably 1 of the reasons Luke not gave a good guide about modding either :)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]