News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Values in Citizen.rsc?

Started by tangent, November 15, 2018, 09:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theonlywanderer

One other broken thing....    the game crapping out at larger populations is a major issue and happens with most people playing from what I'v read on many forums.   I don't have any clue how people have achieved 5 to 6 thousand population with this game.  Even with the no smoke mod I can't go much beyond 1,000 without it driving me nuts and I have a pretty darn good gaming PC.  I'd say this is absolutely an issue he should have looked in to.

Abandoned

LOL I think someone is playing the wrong game  :D :D :D

theonlywanderer

How is that, Abandoned?    Can I not enjoy a game simply because I admit it has flaws?   

kid1293

@theonlywanderer   - You seem pretty sure about how this game should be enjoyed and you let us know.
I wish I had that confidence when making mods. It is an endless row of compromises.
If I make a new product there are voices 'why I did it/why I didn't do another/is there more'
A bit unsettling if one think I do it for free. I am, and will always be, free to have my opinion
but since I publish my mods I must think twice before saying anything.

Maybe I am too old for this and should move on instead of wiping my eyes from the dust.
Don't stir up more!

theonlywanderer

I haven't told anyone how to enjoy anything, my position from day one around here has been "to each their own", the game is about whatever the player chooses it to be.    Others are trying to pigeon hole the game and claim it's supposed to be about some specific agenda... survival, organization....      I am not doing that one bit... I embrace the fact that mods exist and they are completely optional. 

I think you should absolutely voice your opinion, Kid..  it's how people communicate and get things done.  If people don't like it, they should grow a thicker skin.   I certainly am not stirring anything up.   If the only thing allowed around here is rainbows and sunshine, maybe I'll  leave!    I can't think of anything I've said that should upset anyone, but whatever.

RedKetchup

your input and contribution are valuable. never take things personally here, there are 8 billions people on the planet and there will always be 8 billions of view and thoughts different. thats human.
and sometime to translate in a common language like english, cannot be always very accurate.

we like you.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

oh my, I do find it so hard to believe that anyone would enjoy a game that is so flawed and broken as they say this game is.  And of course it is just my opinion that those type of critical comments are not at all valuable. 

theonlywanderer

If taken out of context and said out of nowhere...  I can see them not being valuable.   However, my complaints were clearly done within the context of justifying why the game code should be released so that somebody else can solve the underlying issues.

Now, if you actually had something of value to add....  like maybe trying to prove my claims wrong, which you can't because my claims are true, then it is your comments that were of little value to simply suggest I am playing the wrong game.

Abandoned

brads3

did we scare @tangent  away? how is the coding going?