Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Work In Progress - Maps

Started by kid1293, December 07, 2018, 07:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: kid1293 on December 07, 2018, 02:58:19 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on December 07, 2018, 02:55:23 PM
there is also the fact, i compile RKEC 1.2 FULL which takes alot of time.

;D ;D You're crazy! Make a small separate mod.

cause if i find something good i want to play it !!
sometime, it is just after a while you can have a strong feeling about it!

i remember people this mod is 1st : the change of this game as i wish i want to play!
hehe
and after offer it to people ^^

;D
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

is that code for when you are" done making the RK,you wil go play and stop modding"?

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on December 07, 2018, 03:11:41 PM
is that code for when you are" done making the RK,you wil go play and stop modding"?

haha i can spend more time playing my mod instead of civ V :P
i am always doing some modding during a week basis (not daily basis). we need to allow some time for us !
we are not robots! ^^  ;D

Gatherer

Here's a nice map with large lakes from RKEC.

684 422 595 Large (Lakes, Peak's Lakes): cucumber, carrot, apple, blueberry, leghorns

http://shrani.si/?2D/Nk/3mV57XEO/banished-map-01.jpg
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Maldrick

@theonlywanderer  I run a 8700K at stock (never could get an OC that I liked with air cooling so I bagged it), 1080Ti, Hero Maximus X Mobo, 32 GB Ripjaws, and C drive is a M.2 SSD, 64bit win10 pro....Haven't tested higher pops yet on this rig, but my last one was roughly the same with 6700K/1070/Hero IX and I did test that with debug a while back.  Would start to notice it bog down a bit around 1k pop, give or take, and became a slideshow around 6k, if memory serves...Probably wouldnt be much fun playing way before that though.  Test included an appropriate amount of buildings, too.  So I imagine if you use no-smoke and tweak your settings (think I read turning off antialiasing can improve performace and the game doesn't really use it) it could be pushed a bit.  My really big ones, if I even do them, are usually never more than around 1k and I think 3k was my biggest ever so I just tested it out of curiosity.  Actually, that one was on an older box that was a i5 2600/750Ti/ sata SSD/64bit win7 pro and I remember it slowing down noticeably but nothing game breaking.  On that machine differences in map sizes could definitely be felt as pops increased.

Really, the big thing now is if CC is loaded or not.  Start to feel it in the mid-100s with CC, for whatever reason, and you can tell a difference with map size affecting performance.  With everybody else's mods it's generally smooth at whatever map size up to where I generally play to.  The secret weapon with this game, though, is no matter how hard you hammer your rig with it, bad performance goes away with pause and you can do pretty much everything in pause except advance the game.  Which, I suspect, is how people manage to go for the monster pops.  Having played it on 3 boxes, I'm of the opinion that you are probably okay with most normal play (except CC and/or big maps) on most PCs, to an extent, and you will hit issues at a point on any PC, pretty much.  And how bearable it is, or not, is largely personal preference.

Now you got me curious about testing it again.

@kid1293 I hear you...was just adding to the discussion. We all have different preferences.  Your creativity is boundless, so whatever you decide to do I'm sure it will be awesome.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

theonlywanderer

Yes, the no smoke mod helps for sure.   Sounds like your performance is right in line with what I experience.   I took one rather heavy built and populated map and deleted every single path piece out of it and noticed a bit of performance gain.  I then went back and only put in the main supply paths as stone.  It stayed reasonable for a bit longer, but eventually started lagging again as I built more stuff.

kid1293

Hi again.
I updated first post with two new maps. The mountain meadows I showed earlier and
a simple plains with only one river, no streams, no lakes!
The last can be useful with new trees (or no trees) and new landscape texture for
a desert scenario.

RedKetchup

so i tried to apply some of your "lakes" numbers and parameters....

i've got a couple of little... surprising game bugs ^^

kid1293

Is this a large map? My large maps were okay

RedKetchup

Quote from: kid1293 on December 11, 2018, 02:30:29 PM
Is this a large map? My large maps were okay

large and very large (512' and 640')

brads3

LUKE never gave us the water table code enough to stretch it or double it?

kid1293

RK - try to reduce just a little

// number of parts per lake

it might work

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on December 11, 2018, 02:46:52 PM
LUKE never gave us the water table code enough to stretch it or double it?

nope, no access

Quote from: kid1293 on December 11, 2018, 02:51:09 PM
RK - try to reduce just a little

// number of parts per lake

it might work

yeah i played with some numbers. i am compiling presently. my last numbers look so fine that i decided to copy the code over all other lakes map codes (with diff terrain types).
what i've saw, pleased me.

edit: i should have took the seed numbers so i can compare !!!!! doh!

brads3

that random generator is touchy it gives different maps from CC to RK for same # and sizes.might be slight but still differences between the maps.

the mountain maps look like they will play better with more open space to build and set forests.

Kristahfer

I have downloaded overrideMaps and when I attempt to generate a Map I get a game crash.
I have included a short look at the mod load order. Shown is my last attempt, of many, produced a crash.
Any ideas what I am doing incorrectly?