News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: RK CHOICE testing

Started by brads3, January 29, 2019, 07:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

Artfactial

Yeah, I'm using that one as well for my current map. Has turned out brilliantly on almost every random seed test.:)

brads3

TEST 4 yr 4

while the bannies clear some rocks from the forest,the buider goes to work on a dock townhall.RED left the blacksmith to make iron from 3 iron ores.if iron gets too low that is a handy backup to quickly smelt some. it is hard to see thru the trees,so the bannies will double check for rocks around the gatherer.RED has tools for iron,stone,and copper ores.there are also tools for all rocks,firewood,grass,flowers,herbs,trees,and food.

by now i have temperature averages. spring starts at 30 climbs into the 60's,summer ave. in the 70's,fall 40,drops from 50-20's,winter is 20 for average. had a 7 degree low and a 85 high.both extremes did come in the same year. this year has a warm spring and as expected the summer temps got into the upper 70's.it stays warm well into fall.

year 5

the bannies can't burn fodder unless they bundle it and do not need it for building construction.the chopper will bundle it and conserve logs.to do that they need an RK chopper. question is will the dock chopper bundle fodder?it will be 3 years before anyone needs a new house,so plenty of time for a few projects and to clear rocks for the forester.the dock woodcutter does come with a choice of fodder bundles.

there is a heatwave.80 degrees before summer and lasted thru mid summer. max temp 85.the 2nd heatwave in 5years.the bannies think i have them lost."what is this Virginia,you have us a 1000 miles south." i tried to tell them they can grow food better here.they are never happy are they? now they say it is too warm and they miss some cool summers.
      this is a juggle and not the modder's fault. the bannnies don't wait for the ground to warm up or the rainy  season to end. they plant way early.the temps are close overall. spring temps may climb quicker.it is like the calendar is reversed 2 months.early spring game time is like late spring real time and so on.the bannies hit the 85 in late june.here in reality it would be mid august.bannie new year is march, ours is january.go figure.

the gathering hut does show a huge food increase with the high temps.about 200 more total output.

the apple trees do not clear as trees per the clear tree tool.that might be handy. 
--------------------------------------------
       a quick review

collectables with the RK CHOICE: fodder-thatch,flowers,firewood,flax,silver gold,and copper ores,seedlings,and herbs
no traps no bee hives
      foods: berries<blue berry>,blackberry,cranberry,eggs from bird nests,mulberry,mushroom,oat,onion,rasberry,roots,and strawberry
      wild animals bear,boars,elk,deer,ducks,goose,and bison so far, these give leather and fur

the docks ate up logs and forced us to cut more and more trees.with a smaller start pile,we had to be careful not to fill it and couldn't just clear land.  this slowed down construction.a quickhunter has been sent out off and on to keep leather supplied.   RED did give the fodder bundle option to the dock wood cutter. that will help save on the logs.      we do need to work to feed iron ore to the blacksmith. there isn't a rough tool option.he did give lots of other tool options.

overall the town is stable.the bannies have some time to clear rocks for the forester and extend the docks.it will be a couple years for the apple orchard forest to produce and a pair of bannies will be old enough to move on their own.

RED says he has done nothing to change the climate. any differences to prior games is all related to the mods i used.

pic 1:dock TH
pic 2: yr 4 outputs
pic 3:dock firewood cutter
pic 4:  clear log tool skips over the apple trees.
pic 5: BS tool options
pic 6: yr 5 outputs
pic 7: 5yr inventory

RedKetchup

just to make sure you know, the apple lodge wont give any apple in its statistic window. they plant apple trees which will give logs once cut. the apple trees will spawn buckets of apple on the ground that your gatherer will harvest.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

yes,i saw that.wondering if the other modded gatherers will collect the apples too?

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on February 03, 2019, 10:36:20 AM
yes,i saw that.wondering if the other modded gatherers will collect the apples too?

no , unless they specifically asked to gather

ComponentDescription _naturalResource
   [
      "Template/NaturalResourceOnion.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceBlueberry.rsc"
      "Template/NaturalResourceMushroom.rsc"
      "Template/NaturalResourceRoot.rsc"
      "Template/NaturalResourceBirdNest.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceMeadowsBlackberry.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceMeadowsCranberry.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceMeadowsMulberry.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceMeadowsRaspberry.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceMeadowsStrawberry.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceRK3Ddeadwood.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceWildApple.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceWildApricot.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceWildFig.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceWildGrape.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceWildLemon.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceWildLime.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceWildMango.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceWildOlive.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceWildOrange.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceWildQuince.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceWildCherry.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceWildChestnut.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceWildPeach.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceWildPear.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceWildPecan.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceWildPlum.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceWildWalnut.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceWildAcai.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceWildBanana.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceWildCoconut.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceWildDate.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceWildGrapefruit.rsc",
      "Template/NaturalResourceRKWildOats.rsc",
   ]
   ResourceLimit _resourceLimit = Food;
}

brads3

hmm i wondered that. some do pick up other items,like KID's mods work with the new flora.some don't. NECORA had set the vanilla wo interchange the items. wasn't sure if the items worked just flagged as food and herbs.

RedKetchup

it is not food flag releated , need to specify each item inside each gatherer version template.

brads3

TEST 4  YEAR 6

what is left to test? i would like to build the dock tavern to be sure it uses rice.there are 2 seafood farms.those should be built to know the difference. the apple forest needs to mature and a gatherer built.i should build a "new tree forester",to see how different those trees are. there are lots i didn't build. there are more dock farms and some new production buildings.

this is phase 2.phase 1 was trying different start settings and options.phase 2 was to look at the new buildings and see the  different adjustments RED made.there are more items added to the map and more pine trees.pgase 3 will be adding mods below the RK.they shouldn't affect the RK nor have issues.phase 4 will be adding mods above,some of which will just add to it like the domestic animals or KID's GF farm addon. some will make little changes like the safety hole, my precious, and CC no smoke mods.

the bannies needed more room in the piles,so they built a cemetary to use up some stones.the dock was extended and the dock tavern built.it says it uses grain. it does make beer with hops,the only grain it uses. it can produce fruit ales and wines,and honey mead.
it does use rice or wheat.oddly it doesn't use the cranberry from the dock farms.

YEAR 7

the 1st pair of youngsters will turn 16 this year.a house and a gathering hut will be built.by now the apple trees should produce fruit.a 10yr old wanted the house so the bannies need to build another house.

a pair of nomads arrive at the dock townhall.there is no market or trading dock built.so the RK dock townhall can bring nomads by itself.it was completed in yearr 4,so took 3 years to get nomads. the middle-aged couple will stay.a 3rd house has to be built.then the bannies start moving supplpies for a new tree forester and more storage barns.

it took the apple trees 3 years to mature before we saw the 1st crate of apples.he is cutting and replacing old trees.it should take another 2 yrs to get a good yield of fruit.

the new couple split up and took over 2 houses.the bannies collected 40 apples.

pic 1: dock tavern uses no rice or cranberry
pic 2: pair of nomads at the dock TH
pic 3: gatherer for the apple forest
pic 4: yr7 outputs

RedKetchup

i noted on a piece of paper the : tavern no rice/cranberry recipes. thx

brads3

did you catch the gap by the dock BS? can't built tight to it on the left side.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on February 04, 2019, 08:49:02 AM
did you catch the gap by the dock BS? can't built tight to it on the left side.

i catched on the stone version... but not yet on wood one...
(people will need to destroy it and rebuild it so they can see the change)

only the BS i need to fix like that ?

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 04, 2019, 09:34:58 AM

only the BS i need to fix like that ?

btw, if is there anything.... let me know before patch 1.3 because it will be the last one.
not garantee i ll do everything/anything... but i always listening :)

brads3

only 1 i saw. i didn't build all of the dock buildings or turn them all. i did notice some things with the transition form dock to shore simial to what NILLA mentioned. the shore dock seems a tad higher than the ground and it is a jump up instead of a step up.

brads3

TEST yr 8

these bannies have caused housing dilemas.i guess the older nomad couple were tired of each other,so they split.the par of 16yr olds has refused to leave the docks.the bannies will build a house and a seafood farm.the new tree forester is sent to plant.

a 12 yr old moves into the new house. the seafood farm gives a choice of items to produce. the RNG seafood would give a random selection.the bannies work to extend the dock and add yet another house.of course it won't work.a 14 yr old moves.all the singles that have moved out are females.the couple that had split did have a child. the lady was 47yrs old when she gave birth.
i did not expect her to give birth after age 45.

i agree with NILLA on needing steps to trasititon to the shore. the coastal dock piece is a tad high of the ground.instead of a step up it is a jump.the low dock walkway doesn't merge wit the ground.instead of sliding into the ground,it leaves a water gap.for those who might use the CC docks addon mod,these docks are lower than the CC docks.

the bannies had to go swimming. it is 88 degrees in late spring.  the high hit 97 and stayed in the mid to upper 90's until almost fall. in 1 week, the temp fell from 90 thru the 80's to 78 degrees.they dropped to the 50's by mid fall. in 1 week it fell quickly into the 30's.  with the temp above 90 and the abrupt changes,the original gathering hut does show a drop in food output.not much but muliply that across 40 or 50 fields.a 10-20% change adds up. the warm fall did help.     

pic 1:seafood farm
pic 2 dock to shore transition
pic 3:new tree forest
pic 4: yr 8 outputs