News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red Ketchup - Cheyenne : A future 5000+ pop village.

Started by RedKetchup, August 13, 2014, 11:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Hello Everyone ! This is Red Ketchup again ^^ hehe

Welcome to Cheyenne ! A new city's Blog, exclusively on World of Banished Forum :)

My seed for this challenge will be : seed:8167 Large Valley fair and Medium conditions :)

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

Alright i did my first part of my layout :)

Look at these !! :) beautiful ^^

1st screenshot :
i laid down 4 trading posts. did a row of stockpiles. 2 row of woodcutter. a row of blacksmith and a row of tailors. 2 row of 12x16 pastures. filled the corners with stone houses, school and barns.

2nd screenshots :
i started my new city star layouts : a market, 4x2 taverns, each side, 3x3 rows of stone houses behind, 2 barns at the end of each row. all 4 corners are 4x 10x10 crops (x1 workers each till later in the game when i'll double them)

RedKetchup

i saved and let it go :) while asking to clear this or clear that for mats :) or prioritizing this or that to be built.

oh BTW Marie, when i restarted the game after tried your video settings... guess what ? i finally have reflections on the minimap waters !!!!! Woot !

irrelevant

You are a Banished-playin' monster; I just can't do all that planning all at once. ;)

So what crops you got? Corn and what?

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

make some cleanup in the South and starting to clean in the north :)

irrelevant

It's interesting that you are not using foresters/gatherers. I also had decided not to use them. They just get in the way, slowing down expansion of farmland, and ultimately every one will have to be demolished.

That's one of the main reasons I decided not to use the map that I had recently started for this challenge; the first thing would have been to tear down half of what I had already built.

RedKetchup

i use them less and less. in Number One City i had like 12 gatherers 12 foresters.

presently i have 0 gatherers (0 huts) and 2 forester (1 hut) just to put some temporary trees where i have an herbalist to try to maximize its production of herbs.
i am counting on Logs from merchants. and food is never a problem.

RedKetchup

Update :

Quote from Battlestar Gallatica : Roslin: "We need to get the hell out of here and we need to start having babies."

seeing my screenshots reminds me this famous quote hehe

RedKetchup

hmmmm I'm starting to get very excited :) got 2 shot of 30k and a 24k of apples in 2 years, and many 1000-1600 shots of woods. all my pastures are fully operationnal, my 2 trading posts are sometimes full of 9900 muttons and venisons.... and starting to get 10k ale....

looks like very promising :) the population increase slowly.... getting houses made asap i get new families...

RedKetchup

just made 200 pop milestone :) just in time for ... going to bed ^^
later tonight  :-*

EDIT: I LOVE how it looks like filled :) mats of a 1.2 pop production but only with 200 hehe

irrelevant

rkelly17

Holy massive resources, Batman! @RedKetchup, what are you trading to get all that stuff? By year 34, yet.

RedKetchup

venison, mutton, and ale, oh and wool coat only when i cant buy everything with the meat and ale. i maybe sold 2 times 600 wool coats overall in this game so far
98% are from my venison+mutton

RedKetchup

I was talking about Apples and Orchards earlier.... So much better to have some pasture and sell the meat for fruits :) ( Screenshot 1 )

The idea to having taverns getting supplied by markets is awesome ! Check the markets, and tell me if my taverns will lack of apples :) ( Screenshot 2 )

Since i have alot of overstock mats, i took a winter and i made my citizens working lol, i asked to just put the mats on building sites for later :) ( Screenshot 3 )