News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: Plains and Flat land new maps - TheChucklesStart

Started by RedKetchup, August 26, 2014, 10:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Someone, TheChucklesStart, made a mod for new map : Plains and Flat Lands on SRS Forums

http://shiningrocksoftware.com/forum/discussion/4140/new-maps#Item_2

I liked the Plain map, it s really more plain or more a real valley with a couple (less much) mountains than the old valley one. i like it.
but the flat land.... is ... really flat lol.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

canis39

Wow...how many citizens will you be able to get on that map?  10,000?  20,000?

:o

And just to be clear, when I say "you" I mean you, RedKetchup.  Not the rest of us.   ;)

irrelevant

This would make me insane; wall-to-wall farms, you know, like I do.

The mods that people are making are really telling. Huge map. Fishing docks +50% production. No hills, no streams. Coal can't be used for heating fuel.

"Super Easy Mode." http://www.reddit.com/r/Banished/comments/2er7up/introducing_super_easy_mode_credit_to_detachable/

People requesting mods to fix the "broken" taverns, to make the 15x15 farms "work right."

I guess if that's what it takes to keep people interested and playing, go for it. But it makes me unaccountably sad.

ivorymalinov

Hmmmm, I must spend too much time playing Banished and not enough time browsing forums and groups because I didn't realise 15x15 farms were not working right or that fishing docks needed production increased. I always have way more fish than my folks need with only 1 fishing dock per 100 villagers. Either that or none of my villagers ever eat fish. And I have field upon field at maximum size simply because I'm a farming girl and I love seeing big fields of golden wheat waving in the summer months. I've not yet had a problem with it at all. It gets planted and harvested as per a smaller plot.

Blah, all I want in a mod is interior house lights in winter.  ;)

RedKetchup

hehe yeah, but it s quite funny to see the priority people have ^^

some want it way easier, flat map etc... or boosting fishing.... while me i did the opposite lol, i nerfed the Madness of beeskeepers LOL
so funny ^^

irrelevant

Quote from: ivorymalinov on August 27, 2014, 06:15:55 PM
Blah, all I want in a mod is interior house lights in winter.  ;)
That really would be fun!
Quote from: RedKetchup on August 27, 2014, 06:25:52 PM
.... while me i did the opposite lol, i nerfed the Madness of beeskeepers LOL
so funny ^^
I saw that, good stuff!  I wish I had the patience to work on mods. That kind of thing just makes my head hurt.

RedKetchup

yeah it s far of being easy :( i passed 6 hrs today to try to figure out how i can do a fix for trading post : the 9999 limites upset me while there is place for a 5th digit.

didnt found yet :(

ivorymalinov

I tried your nerfed beekeeper mod @RedKetchup  but it's still so high! I had 2 workers in there and was pulling in over 1000 honey a season. It quickly stockpiled next to the fish.  Honey glazed fish fillets aren't high on my villagers menus.

RedKetchup

imagine when it was doing 7200 food per year with 4 workers lol

1000 food for 2 workers thats good, thats the same as a gatherer hut with 2 workers, no ? not agree ?

the only difference is gatherers is 250 berries, 250 onions, 250 mushrooms, 250 roots. for 2 gatherer in 1 year.

want me to nerf it more ?

ivorymalinov

Nah @RedKetchup , we'll leave it at that. Just wish they'd eat more fish and honey. :P

RedKetchup

ivorymalinov

Oh heck NO!

My village of 57 total inhabitants is now in it's 18th year with 1 fully staffed fishing dock and over 9000 fish in storage!

mariesalias

My towns always have way too much fish, as well. And that is with me trading every bit of venison, beef, mutton, and chicken meat that my traders can get a hold of. I don't even need nuts for added protein because there is always so much fish.  :o  Eventually, I start trading it for stuff.

Alycya

Have downloaded your mod and enjoy the Plains maps - it gets rid of some of those annoying bumps! Flat turned out to be a bit too flat - the seed I got didn't have much iron and there was nowhere for a mine except the edge of the map! Still fun though.

Thanks for the effort, much appreciated  :D

mariesalias

I have it installed, I just have not had a chance to build one yet.