News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: Immortal Orchard Trees - slink (SJGL)

Started by slink, September 03, 2014, 09:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

@Paeng asked for this override, so here it is.  I hope, anyway.  If the documentation in the original trees is correct, this mod should make the original eight orchard trees immortal.  You can always cut them down.

solarscreen

Awesome!  I love decorating with the structured tree line an orchard provides but I hate that they die so quickly.

This should fix that problem!

Will this mod be retroactive or is it for orchards planted after enabling the mod?

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

slink

I'm not certain when it takes effect.  How's that for customer support?  If the override for making mead in the tavern is any indication, then it should take effect immediately.  If, however, there is a countdown timer for the time of death, then it will only go into effect for newly planted trees.  Either way, it will not take very long to take effect, which was the problem to begin with.   :)

solarscreen

Quote from: slink on September 03, 2014, 10:20:00 AM
I'm not certain when it takes effect.  How's that for customer support?  If the override for making mead in the tavern is any indication, then it should take effect immediately.  If, however, there is a countdown timer for the time of death, then it will only go into effect for newly planted trees.  Either way, it will not take very long to take effect, which was the problem to begin with.   :)

Fair enough!
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

RedKetchup

sweet awesome @slink !!!!!! WELCOME in the exclusive and awesome WoB Moddlers Group ™  :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Yes, yes, yes!!! Thank you @slink.

PS: where did you post your modded tavern to make mead? I couldn't find it and I've been using someone else's. I'd prefer to use yours, if it is available.

slink

I am having trouble packaging the tavern with mead (honey ale).  It works as an override in the resources directory of the toolkit, but as soon as I package it up the mod conflicts with the apiary mod.  I haven't solved that, yet.

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on September 03, 2014, 06:32:51 PM
I am having trouble packaging the tavern with mead (honey ale).  It works as an override in the resources directory of the toolkit, but as soon as I package it up the mod conflicts with the apiary mod.  I haven't solved that, yet.

Here's the link to the mod I downloaded: http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/56-Modified-Apiary-Update-2-with-Mead-and-Pumpkin-Ale

He did a modified apiary (similar to @RedKetchup's) and modified tavern in one mod. Could it be that this is the only way to make it work? In his original version he couldn't get the text for pumpkin ale  :-\ or mead  :) to show up but now has solved that problem.

He has counted honey as a grain, which is better than making it a universal food as in the example, but seriously, as much as I love honey (and dearly miss it in my morning tea now that I have Type 2), it is pretty much straight sugar.

The problem with trying to see what someone else has done is that one downloads a completed and compiled .pkm and can't see exactly what the modder did. Maybe The Big C could start a section for deconstructed mods so that those of us with limited programming experience could learn from those who know more.

Alycya

Quote from: slink on September 03, 2014, 09:23:48 AM
If the documentation in the original trees is correct, this mod should make the original eight orchard trees immortal.  You can always cut them down.

Thank you, thank you, thank you  :-*

slink

I agree whole-heartedly with sharing source for these mods.  I even considered including my source directories in my zip files, but did not yet because no one else is.  You show me yours and I'll show you mine.  *grin*  Seriously, I can include them.

I also love the taste of honey.  I agree that honey is nothing but sugars and a little impure water.  I made the tavern only require 10 units for mead, and removed all of the categories from the edible line in my copy of the apiary.  That probably means that people can satisfy their hunger with honey without meeting any of their nutritional needs, but isn't that true?

Bobbi

Would it be possible to mod orchards so that they only needed to be 1 tile wide and 15 long? That way the "immortal" trees could be used to make pretty boulevards.

Alycya

Quote from: Bobbi on September 04, 2014, 09:25:38 AM
Would it be possible to mod orchards so that they only needed to be 1 tile wide and 15 long? That way the "immortal" trees could be used to make pretty boulevards.

There's a mod on another site for that - Better Fields on Banished Info. The modder has also changed the tree spacing so they're every other space vertically as well as horizontally, rather than having two blank squares in between.

slink

Quote from: Bobbi on September 04, 2014, 09:25:38 AM
It certainly is possible.  I haven't done so yet, but apparently someone else has so give that mod a try.

RedKetchup

ya it s possible. no problem. the only problem is pasture, but crop and orchards i dont think there is a problem
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bobbi

But can that mod be used with your mod? If they die, they still don't look pretty....