Brainstorming RedKetchup, mathieuso, GimmeCat, rageingnonsense

Started by assobanana76, September 24, 2014, 02:08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

assobanana76

Quote from: rageingnonsense on October 20, 2014, 06:44:14 PM
Honestly, I would LOVE to collaborate with a few people to work on a grand mod project. I have an ambitious idea that in no way could I POSSIBLY finish myself.

The idea is to make the game have a second technology tier. Rough idea:

• wood resource converted to log resource
  • lumber added as tier two wood type
  • stone brick added as tier two stone type
  • fine parts added as tier two iron type
  • alter all stock resources to use the appropriate resource type
  • fill in the gaps. for instance, if wood house takes lumber; add log cabins for tier one housing

It's a huge huge undertaking, and most mods would not work in conjunction with this. It would need to be something that stands on its own.

That being said though, I have too much going on in my life to commit to such a project. The best I can do is slowly but surely work on mods that I can later combine into this (which is what I am doing now; log cabins being created because I made the sawmill, which I would like to be a lumber producer if this ever got anywhere). They are stand-alone, but if I ever found the free time, I could easily tweak them to be part of this.

Anyways, I digress. The whole point of this is that as much as I would love to collaborate, I don't have the time to be a good partner!  :P
and yet I think it would be a feasible thing ..
reddit on the forum I read about a team of modders are building a large project (30 new crops more buildings and more ...)
they were able to cooperate!
however would be a good job!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Fellow Villager

totally agreed with you. it will add a deeper way of playing, you have all my support (ideally, cause I'm not a modder :P)

Bobbi

I think 30 new crops will overwhelm the trading post, especially if they have new production chains with new products to go with it. I am still in favor of smaller mods where you can pick and choose. For instance, I am pretty sure I am not interested in all 30 crops. Breaking it up into "region packs" would be a good idea. My bet is that when they release this major mod project, it will not work with a lot of the mods already created.

assobanana76

I hope no!
however we stay on windows because it realese soon..
it's in test phase!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Fellow Villager

the problem of trading post could fixed generating more kind of traders, eliminating general good merchant too

Bobbi

I personally do not enjoy having too many different traders, which is why I use the new trade mod, @JamieIdle's, instead of the other "complete" traders mod.  But the problem I am referring to is in the trading post itself. Luke made some kind of adjustment but I do not know how far reaching it is, if it will accommodate 50 or more new products.

JamieIdle

@Bobbi If you don't want Any new merchants or changes to vanilla merchants go try my new Trade Fix mod. I found the underlying problem that was still unfixed, which was a hard limit on the number of items in the Order section of the Trading Post. http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/674-Jamie-s-True-Trade-Fix

Fellow Villager

your mod is very good. more than 250 slots...difficult to make so many items! I surely try it

Bobbi

It sounds like exactly what I am suggesting  ;D. Sadly, I will not be able to check it out until around 10PM. Is noon where I am now....

slink

Quote from: JamieIdle on October 21, 2014, 08:55:00 AM
@Bobbi If you don't want Any new merchants or changes to vanilla merchants go try my new Trade Fix mod. I found the underlying problem that was still unfixed, which was a hard limit on the number of items in the Order section of the Trading Post. http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/674-Jamie-s-True-Trade-Fix
Thank you very much for this, @JamieIdle.   :)

JamieIdle

@slink no problem just one tiny number needed changing from 16-64 in the trade.rcs file. The Dev really needs to make that part of the menu dynamic as well and my fix wont be needed at all.