News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA of Snug Houses

Started by slink, October 13, 2014, 04:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

There are only three models right now, and two of them are not very different.  Also, the smoke dummy isn't placed.  There's no point in placing a smoke dummy until I am sure I want to leave the model the way it is.  There isn't going to be a variety of shapes of the houses, but the decorations and implied interior layouts will change.  Their roofs match the roof of the brewery, and their walls are of stone.  Since they are only 15/16 the size of the stone houses, they cost slightly less both to build and to heat.

Mahnogard

Oh my gosh these are so cute!!! Yay!

mellowtraumatic

I think I'm off to bed but I'll definitely be excited to give these a try tomorrow.  :D

salamander

It would be good to have some houses of a different size from the originals, just to fit into some of that left-over space that always seems to crop up.  And ... the look of these is nice.

irrelevant

Oh yes, now that is very nice; snug indeed!

solarscreen

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

Bobbi

Very cute, @slink . Just how snug are they? 2 x 3 or 3 x4? I can't tell.

RedKetchup

it s just ... the 'head' of the npc doesnt pass through the door. or the npc guy is a tall one in his communauty and is 7'2 foot tall ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

Have you ever walked into a 200-year-old house with the original door @RedKetchup? We have plenty of those here and if you aren´t a very small man, you have to bend your neck to get into it. ;)

Anyhow; the hoses look very nice. Maybe a bit dark for my taste, but we need more different kind of houses, so also the dark ones are good.

assobanana76

are homes for single people? ideal for widowers?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Pangaea

Those look excellent, like right out of a fishing village or something like that :)

Can a full family live there btw? Since they are smaller, perhaps reduce max children to two, if you haven't?

Great to have houses of a different size as well, so we can fit a house into those leftover spaces. Not always easy to make it all fit perfectly.

Since you said 15/16, these are 5x3? Including the road?

slink

These houses are 3x5, plus the road.   :)

The numbers for a 4x4 stone house are as follows.

Wood Required: 24
Stone Required: 40
Iron Required: 10

45 construction actions

For the snug house:

Wood Required: 22
Stone Required: 38
Iron Required: 10

42 construction actions

slink

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 13, 2014, 08:59:05 PM
it s just ... the 'head' of the npc doesnt pass through the door. or the npc guy is a tall one in his communauty and is 7'2 foot tall ^^

It is a SNUG cottage.  The door is small.  Get used to it.   ;)

RedKetchup

Définitions de snug
adjectif

comfortable, warm, and cozy; well protected from the weather or cold.

synonymes: cozy, comfortable, warm, welcoming, restful, reassuring, intimate, sheltered, secure, comfy
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Also means:

2.fitting closely, as a garment:
a snug jacket.
3.more or less compact or limited in size, and sheltered or warm:
a snug harbor.