News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Modelling in 3DS Max...advice please.

Started by sandy, January 30, 2015, 04:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandy

Hi
I would like to try and model some buildings but just have a couple of questions as I am new to this. What are the measurements to be when modelling? I have tried to model stuff for SimCity and cities xl but just couldn't get my head around the packaging of the files etc. I eventually gave up. I might be able to make a model but don't know where to go from there. I have read the description that came with the modkit but that totally lost me. I think I need a 'Guide for Dummies on How To Create Mods'.... ???

RedKetchup

put your 3dsmax settings in meters. in game 1x1 tile = 1x1 meters
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

sandy

Thanks Redketchup. After posting query I realised that I could import one of the buildings from Modkit into 3Ds Max...duh. However, I had kept the measurements at inches but will now change it to metres.

Can I also ask where this type of information can be found. I have trawled the net and posts but maybe missing it and can't seem to find anything.

Once again thanks for your reply  ;D

RedKetchup

there is not alot of info on the internet, we all have been let alone on this. it is by experimentation we all learned.

Rayden

I've read somewhere that the game it's set in inches (0.0254 for each meter). Does the game "shrinks" the model to inches or do we have to scale it down before exporting?

RedKetchup

Quote from: Rayden on March 05, 2015, 08:24:10 AM
I've read somewhere that the game it's set in inches (0.0254 for each meter). Does the game "shrinks" the model to inches or do we have to scale it down before exporting?

i dont.
i use 1x1 blocks (in 3ds) and it equal 1x1 tiles in game. and i m building my buildings like that.