News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Feel so rusty IMO

Started by RedKetchup, February 07, 2015, 11:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbi

A corner house would be reaaaaaally awesome. Great suggestion. I picture a city block with two story houses connected going around corner in an "L" shape, or even a "U" if one were created for both corners. *Piles of drool*

Gatherer

^
And an eternal tree in the middle of that city block
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

friday is coming tommorow :) so i ll be able to continue working on these :) and most part of the weekend :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

assobanana76

if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 12, 2015, 09:46:07 PM
friday is coming tommorow :) so i ll be able to continue working on these :) and most part of the weekend :)
:D

Bobbi

RedKetchup

^^ i forgot the saturday raid has been replaced friday cause... valentine day !! ^^
but i ll get on it after raid and tomorrow i ll have all day :)
yay ! hehe

Chon Waen

Hey Red, thanks for working on this in your spare time. As with most everything else you've modded, I have a lot of confidence its gonna be good or better.  As far as how long till we see it: "Art takes as long as it takes", don't worry about it. We will enjoy it when it gets here!

RedKetchup

Thx @Chon Waen

yeah it takes time :)

1st thing i did tonight is to compare the 2 level house with the new medieval blacksmith with its residence : And ya, that was what i thought. The new houses were very much more high than other buildings. So i've took 1-2 hours to fix that. i've cut 40% of first floor and 40% of the second floor. So i got back 80% of height and with that +20% left i can now add my third floor as intented :)

the screenshot shows how high it looks now to compare with the BS + its residence. and you can imagine a 3rd floor ontop of it.

PS.: dont worry about the 'condominum / model house / serial house' aspect because i will do many model and they will all alternate as you put 1 in the ground (as for 'F' key) and will do same for 2nd floor and 3rd floor. they will all fit together whatever the model and they will look all different like in real life :)

PS.2.: i just need to fix the windows, they are now too long and not enough square. i will maybe change the roof, cut some height and softer the slop.

RedKetchup

alright , i fixed the windows, and i also put 1 row of foundation's bricks deeper in the ground (i got some height back there too ^^)

RedKetchup

well, as you can see i started the 3rd floor :) hehe

RedKetchup

well, i really really need your thoughts on that !

How it looks like ?
Is it great ? or is it too much ?

gonna try to get an ingame screenshot :P

Edit: Added 2 ingame screenshot. What you think ?? Impressions ??
Edit2: Added another screenshot.

irrelevant

Very nice @RedKetchup! Love the look of this.

It would be nice if there was some color variation between adjacent buildings, but I realize this would be difficult to manage, both from the standpoint of creating the mod, as well as from the standpoint of building them in game. The player would have to take care not to have different colors going up!

^^that is NOT a criticism!!  ;)

RedKetchup

in fact, what i try to do is: having 5-6 different model for 1st floor... 2nd floor .. 3rd floor... and asap you put 1 of those, for the next one it will automatictly rotate and put the next one (exactly when you put stone house or woodhouse in game) or use 'F'and 'T' key and rotate between models.

and i want those to fit perfectly, no matter the one you have chosen for 1st floor or 2nd floor.
in colorful little house it was mostly the roof changing color, and if you wanted to match the color ... you had to rotate and choose the right color that goes with the first floor.
and in winter, we had alot of problems to know which one was meant to go there.

here what i want to do : you can choose any of the floors model and they will always go perfectly with. giving you like an infinite combinaisons that fits together very very well... and making a road block with tons of all different houses , side by side :)

like if i do 6 different first floor, 6 different middle floor, and 6 different 3rd floor (with its final roof) ... you would get 6x6x6 different house models = 216
and you arent obligated to build all 3rd floor on all of them ... you can let some house only at 2 floor to make more variants.

Bobbi

These are exactly what I have been looking for!  ;D So excited! One small suggestion and one big one. (Small) Would it be possible for the windows on third floor to line up with windows on second floor? If not easy to do, don't worry about it, looks fine as is. (Big) How about those corner houses? Possibility in the future?
Happy valentine's day.  :-*