News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Disease question

Started by Gatherer, February 25, 2015, 02:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatherer

Is it possible to mod a disease in such a way that an outbreak occurs only if a certain structure meets a certain criteria?

I was thinking about cemeteries. A full cemetery would have a 10% chance to trigger a zombification in a random citizen idling there. Transmission chance could be set low but the mortality should be at 100%. Is that even feasible?

"When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

no you cannot tie it to a thing like that (i mean to something exterior and no link with disease like a cemetary  at 100%).
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Chon Waen

I was wondering about a couple things perhaps similar (kinda) in the disaster/disease catagories

Is it possible to do instant bannie/structure killing events such as an earthquake that levels 5% of all structures with a 50% chance of killing a bannie who works or lives there?

Is it possible to remove bannies via some type of conscription event (think nomads in reverse), where 5% of your village's population is "volunteered" into the local nobleman's army, never to be seen again?

RedKetchup

no we cant manipulate the game mechanics like that unfortunatly

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 26, 2015, 12:59:03 AM
no we cant manipulate the game mechanics like that unfortunatly

Sad but true. @RedKetchup, could one change the numbers in the disease table to get different contagion and/or death rates?

Quote from: Chon Waen on February 26, 2015, 12:28:08 AM
Is it possible to do instant bannie/structure killing events such as an earthquake that levels 5% of all structures with a 50% chance of killing a bannie who works or lives there?

I've never seen a disaster-revision mod, so the mechanics may be in the unmoddable part of the code. Do tornadoes kill people directly or indirectly by provoking a crisis in housing or food?

RedKetchup

1st question : yes

2nd question yes
and indirectly : it isnt the  tornado 's problem if people die from starvation ^^

irrelevant

Tornadoes definitely do kill people directly. They can get sucked up by it and they are gone. The same thing happens to livestock.

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on February 27, 2015, 07:06:14 AM
Tornadoes definitely do kill people directly. They can get sucked up by it and they are gone. The same thing happens to livestock.

So who's going to do the "Banished in Oz" mod?  You could feature @RedKetchup's two-story houses exclusively with green roofs.  ;D

The times I've played with disasters on all the tornadoes have been out on the edges of the map and just tore up a bunch of trees.. I've been lucky.