News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Time Is Money

Started by Darkbibou, March 27, 2015, 01:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkbibou

Hello everyone,

Yesterday, I was making tests on my Tree Of Life mod and once again I felt so frustrated to have to close the menu where the buildings I need to build are located just to be able to pause or slow down the game.

I do understand that the game maker wanted to reduce the size of the main toolbar to the maximum but it is sooo not practical..

So, I made some tests and here is the result:

Wanna test it to help me check its stability and its compatibility with other mods ? :)

Download TimeIsMoney Beta 1

Darkbibou

Hmm, I thought that I would get more comments  :-\

salamander

Just my two cents, but it may be any of a few things going on here: 1) your download link is not immediately recognizable as being trustworthy ... I don't know what drive.google.com is; 2) you haven't really explained what you're talking about in your first post of the thread -- if you were more specific, you might have a better response.

chillzz

Quote from: Darkbibou on March 28, 2015, 01:46:50 PM
Hmm, I thought that I would get more comments  :-\

didn't even see this topic until last hour :O
but this mod is actually a delight!  the speed setting in the root menu, love it!

Quote from: salamander on March 28, 2015, 02:50:49 PM
Just my two cents, but it may be any of a few things going on here:
1) your download link is not immediately recognizable as being trustworthy ... I don't know what drive.google.com is;
2) you haven't really explained what you're talking about in your first post of the thread -- if you were more specific, you might have a better response.
1) yeah, i do know what google drive is, but a trustworthy download source, nope
unless you do know the source / person who is linking it.
Then again, a .pkm file can't do much .. and as always use a virus scanner and common sense ;)

2) the text and image made it quite clear actually
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Darkbibou

Quote from: salamander on March 28, 2015, 02:50:49 PM
Just my two cents, but it may be any of a few things going on here: 1) your download link is not immediately recognizable as being trustworthy ... I don't know what drive.google.com is; 2) you haven't really explained what you're talking about in your first post of the thread -- if you were more specific, you might have a better response.

drive.google.com is the cloud system of google aka "Google drive". I believed that everyone would know that ^^

I would have attached the file to my post with the attachment system of the forum but it does not allow pkm files..

About what the mod do: it moves all the time control buttons to the root toolbar so that they can be always accessible.

Without this mod, when you want to pause the game, you need to close the sub-menu you were in (that can be a sub sub menu in some case), open the time control sub menu, pause the game and re-open the sub menu you were in to continue what you was doing.

With the TimeIsMoney mod, you can pause the game on change the simulation speed without having to leave the sub-menu that you were in because all the time controls button are always visible.

Darkbibou

Quote from: chillzz on March 28, 2015, 03:53:47 PM
didn't even see this topic until last hour :O
but this mod is actually a delight!  the speed setting in the root menu, love it!

Happy that you like it :)

Did you see any bug or conflict please ?

chillzz

current list of mods in banished (not necessarily enabled),
which has NO conflict whatsoever :

apiary.pkm
BakersAndMillers.pkm
betterFields.pkm
BoardingHouseNomads.pkm
BobbiDoctorHouse.pkm
BusyLaborersVersion1ByDarkbibou.pkm
Canal.pkm
college.pkm
creamery.pkm
DebugMenu.pkm
DecorativeItems.pkm
DeerLivestock.pkm
DeleteQuarryandMine.pkm
DigDeeper.pkm
dutchtranslation.pkm
elfSmallerVendors.pkm
farmyard.pkm
fig.pkm
FishFarm.pkm
flatten.pkm
grainsilo.pkm
GrowHerbs.pkm
kayTweakMoreWorkers.pkm
lettuce.pkm
library.pkm
littlechapel.pkm
littlehouse.pkm
Llama.pkm
monastery.pkm
NeckcenMarkart2.pkm
newmedievaltown.pkm
NMGrainSilo.pkm
oneyearisoneyear.pkm
peskyproduce.pkm
pickmeup.pkm
rocksrespawn.pkm
rootcellar.pkm
sawmill.pkm
seasonreports.pkm
SpecializedStockpiles.pkm
SpecializedStorage.pkm
SpecializedTradingPorts.pkm
StoneBridge.pkm
StorageShed.pkm
TimeIsMoneyVersion1ByDarkbibou.pkm
ToolMakerPlus.pkm
TreeOfLifeVersion1ByDarkbibou.pkm
unlimited.pkm
warehouse.pkm
WaterPump.pkm
whiteChicken.pkm
Wildlife.pkm
XP-Hostels.pkm
XP-HS-Training.pkm
XP-Schools.pkm

no bugs either in the hour i've tested it ingame.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

salamander

Quote from: Darkbibou on March 28, 2015, 04:01:42 PM
drive.google.com is the cloud system of google aka "Google drive". I believed that everyone would know that ^^
Sure, I've heard of, and used, Google Drive.  I suppose my point was that I doubt everyone is going to trust it, like @chillzz said.

I would have attached the file to my post with the attachment system of the forum but it does not allow pkm files..
Even though may not be able to attach .pkm files to a post, you could upload the .pkm to the Downloads section of the forum.

RedKetchup

or you can .zip it first :)

google drive is same as many others.... one drive which is MSN/hotmail... freedrive, Idrive...

personally i think it is genius Darkbibou. so tired when i test to go close my medieval bar just to speedup or pause ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Darkbibou

Quote from: salamander on March 28, 2015, 05:24:24 PM
Even though may not be able to attach .pkm files to a post, you could upload the .pkm to the Downloads section of the forum.

Oh, ok, thanks for the tip salamender :)

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 28, 2015, 07:14:55 PM
or you can .zip it first :)

google drive is same as many others.... one drive which is MSN/hotmail... freedrive, Idrive...

I personnally feel more secure to download a pkm file on a secure cloud platform than a zipped archive on any source :P

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 28, 2015, 07:14:55 PM
personally i think it is genius Darkbibou. so tired when i test to go close my medieval bar just to speedup or pause ^^

That's good to help you for a change ^^

Gatherer

Without this mod, when you want to pause the game, you need to close the sub-menu you were in (that can be a sub sub menu in some case), open the time control sub menu, pause the game and re-open the sub menu you were in to continue what you was doing.

With the TimeIsMoney mod, you can pause the game on change the simulation speed without having to leave the sub-menu that you were in because all the time controls button are always visible.

I don't get it. Are you saying you can't pause the game with the spacebar?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gatherer on March 29, 2015, 03:11:31 AM

in games there are 2 kind of people  ;D

the shortcuters and keybinders....

and people like me who is a clicker ^^
i never use keyboard when i play banished ^^

salamander

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 29, 2015, 03:24:20 AM
... i never use keyboard when i play banished ^^

I use the mouse mostly, too, but use the keyboard for rotating buildings when placing them.  Is there a way that can be done with the mouse?

And, @Darkbibou, I should have said it before ... this is a nice addition.  I tend to change game speed a lot, and having the speed controls more available would be nice.

Darkbibou

Quote from: salamander on March 29, 2015, 04:00:05 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on March 29, 2015, 03:24:20 AM
... i never use keyboard when i play banished ^^

I use the mouse mostly, too, but use the keyboard for rotating buildings when placing them.  Is there a way that can be done with the mouse?

And, @Darkbibou, I should have said it before ... this is a nice addition.  I tend to change game speed a lot, and having the speed controls more available would be nice.

If you have a gaming mouse with programmable buttons then yes you can rotate buildings with the mouse (by binding a mouse button to a macro that activate the appropriate key).

Quote from: Gatherer on March 29, 2015, 03:11:31 AM

You're right, the pause action is not a good example since it have a direct keyboard shortcut.
But if I'm not mistaken there is no "one key shortcut" for other time controls actions (you have to press F1 to open the time sub-toolbar and therefore it close any other opened sub toolbar).

RedKetchup

exact my bad , i use 'F' to rotate ^^ i lied ^^