News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant: Needmore -- transitioning to NMT

Started by irrelevant, July 30, 2015, 06:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

@RedKetchup thanks for the tip, I'll check it out!

edit: yes! More than 100%, from 36TV to 96.

irrelevant

Year 28 - Pop 288

Port of Needmore, industrial area

@Nilla looks like for once the nomad pop bump didn't drop back to the baseline :) It's because the whole time I've been pushing housing; when I've had families, I've built houses. It's interesting, even though NMT housing is expensive, it's easier to build because it's more compact.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

No, don't do that. They are appropriately priced I think (don't have the costs in front of me). They still are less costly than a stone house. And the specialized markets are very inexpensive for their capacity.

irrelevant

Year 31 - pop 316

Just ramping up for expansion.

Nilla

Quote from: irrelevant on August 03, 2015, 08:13:21 PM

@Nilla looks like for once the nomad pop bump didn't drop back to the baseline :) It's because the whole time I've been pushing housing; when I've had families, I've built houses. It's interesting, even though NMT housing is expensive, it's easier to build because it's more compact.

Yes, that looks good.

irrelevant

Year 33 - pop 374

Replaced the original vanilla market with an NMT 6-pack. Vanilla markets (VM) seem not to co-exist very well with the NMT specialized markets; the NMT markets gobble up everything, and the VMs get what is left over. If you are relying on the VM to supply a producer such as a tavern, there simply may not be enough resource free to get to the VM. The solution is to flood the system with purchased resources, and count on the NMT specialized markets' huge capacity to insure a reliable supply.

Not letting me post an image, I'll add it in the morning.

irrelevant

Year 35 - pop 425

Planning expansion along the river; it's time.

Nilla

Quote from: irrelevant on August 07, 2015, 08:57:51 PM
Year 33 - pop 374

Replaced the original vanilla market with an NMT 6-pack. Vanilla markets (VM) seem not to co-exist very well with the NMT specialized markets; the NMT markets gobble up everything, and the VMs get what is left over. If you are relying on the VM to supply a producer such as a tavern, there simply may not be enough resource free to get to the VM. The solution is to flood the system with purchased resources, and count on the NMT specialized markets' huge capacity to insure a reliable supply.

I'm sure you will also soon notice that the NMT markets don't co-exist with each other very well eather, if you don't use them with careful consideration. You know I have played a bit with these markets and I can tell you for sure; you cannot put a "NMT-market six pack" on each location you normally would have built a VM.

But I'm sure you will find a strategy to get around these problems. The fact that these markets are so huge, make them very interesting to use. You might think it's easy, because they can hold a lot of goods, but actually; that's the tricky thing when you want things distributed all over the map.

irrelevant

Quote from: Nilla on August 11, 2015, 07:51:51 AM
I'm sure you will also soon notice that the NMT markets don't co-exist with each other very well eather, if you don't use them with careful consideration. You know I have played a bit with these markets and I can tell you for sure; you cannot put a "NMT-market six pack" on each location you normally would have built a VM.

But I'm sure you will find a strategy to get around these problems. The fact that these markets are so huge, make them very interesting to use. You might think it's easy, because they can hold a lot of goods, but actually; that's the tricky thing when you want things distributed all over the map.

I don't think their large capacity makes them easier, in fact if anything it makes them more difficult to use!

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on August 11, 2015, 11:43:59 AM
I don't think their large capacity makes them easier, in fact if anything it makes them more difficult to use!

i am sorry /cry
that wasnt the plan ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

No worries @RedKetchup they just take some getting used to. Perhaps a smaller capacity might be better, but it's too soon for me to say so for sure.

irrelevant

Year 37 - pop 528

Screen 1 - Merchants leaving. Forest group. Future TPs. Developing port/manufacturing center (PMC). By using canals, I plan to extend this basic plan to locations all over the map, much as I would previously have done with markets. The difference is that these will be farther apart, so maybe 20-25 of them altogether. This is a good map for it.

Screen 2 - First two PMCs are pretty much mature.

Screen 3 - another view.

assobanana76

hey !!!
those eight windmill blades will collide !!!  ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

irrelevant