News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Small Village v1.1

Started by Discrepancy, September 16, 2016, 06:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

Quote from: Paeng on January 01, 2017, 06:17:24 AM
Quote from: QueryEverything on January 01, 2017, 04:35:29 AMIf I look away from the dock it's ok, but looking at the dock & trading sites it is very bad.  so weird!

Not really weird...  ;)
But between this and e.g. the "Stairway To Heaven" you showed in another thread, this issue seems to be rather pronounced on your system?

Even with a fresh map I noticed it did it again, yet I tweak some of my system settings as per the guide on the BL site. 
I also notice, and this is to be expected, where the water/land meets, if I terraform that land then any part of the building that overlaps it becomes transparent, or at least the water tries to show through the part of the tile that was terraformed. 
I'll see if I can find a screenshot of it doing it, if so I will start a new thread, :)

Quote from: Abandoned on January 01, 2017, 07:06:05 AM
@QueryEverything very nice looking dock area despite graphic glitch. 

@Discrepancy, I for one hope DS Small Village stays separate from CC & Mega and iron stays iron not iron ore with production chain.  Small Village is a great mod, looking forward to using it again and again.
Thank you very much :D :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

tanypredator

Hello, Discrepancy!

I think it would be nice if my new honey could be used by your Mead Brewer, as Wild oats already are used. What would be better - I can make a version with Wild honey renamed just Honey (would it work?), or you can add Wild Honey as a separate resource, as with oats.

tanypredator

I also want to say, that this mod is great! So many new beautiful buildings that match each other. Especially with your decorations. Thank you!

And also great idea and realisation of jetties. Only is it possible to make them to get covered with snow at winter?

Discrepancy

Hello everyone :)
I'm finally back. I wish I had a relaxing break, but between moving, work and building a shade-house I haven't had time.

That goes to say modding has been very slow.

New buildings have been limited to a few like the 3 occupant tents, the Village Hall and these:

they don't belong in the vanilla banished climate, but I picked the first plant I could think of when deciding what should be planted in front of the village hall.
I then decided a few variations for player 'mass-plantings' would be in order :)
Agapanthus, Lily of the Nile:

I haven't done the code for them yet, nor for a few other models.

Here is the Village Hall. I plan on adding decorative flags that can be placed on the flag pole... another task added to the long list ;)

also in shot are 2 of the Village Inn (accommodation/boarding house) variants. I'm still adjusting textures... on all buildings.

Discrepancy

Quote from: tanypredator on January 04, 2017, 08:45:30 AM
And also great idea and realisation of jetties. Only is it possible to make them to get covered with snow at winter?

The upcoming v2 has snow covered jetties and bridges. You can download the beta version from my website.
Also in v2beta you will fine jetty storage crates and boxes, they can be built on land as well as water. One day I'll make land only variants.

Quote from: tanypredator on January 04, 2017, 08:42:33 AM
I think it would be nice if my new honey could be used by your Mead Brewer, as Wild oats already are used. What would be better - I can make a version with Wild honey renamed just Honey (would it work?), or you can add Wild Honey as a separate resource, as with oats.

Wild Honey is nicer :) a great idea.

Quote from: QueryEverything on December 31, 2016, 10:17:30 PM
When you get back to modding....

:)
more storage options? already planned.
smaller fishing spots, also planned.

here are some more pictures of new buildings:

the tents have changed a little than what I first planned, they will sit on 2x4, these are 3 occupant tents, they use a lot of firewood to stay warm, and will use the fire all year round, so not very economical. But quick and low cost to construct.

those tents can be upgraded to the tent below. 4 occupants, and better warmth than the other tents.

there will be a small house to also upgrade into, which can then upgrade to the townhouses.

and here is @elemental 's Gruel Kitchen, serving all manner of nutritious... gruel (by strange twist of fate this building looks similar to a building that shockpuppet has recently made for CC).

I haven't done the interior yet.

Paeng

Cool new stuff, like the town hall...  :)

Quote from: Discrepancy on January 12, 2017, 01:14:37 AMI'm still adjusting textures... on all buildings.

Good... right now looking at the beams, they are slowly turning black...  ;D

For the little tents - I'm wondering whether it wouldn't be cool to make small groups of them, like 1, 2 and 3 tents (probably for 3, 4, 5 peeps?), each clustered around one fireplace... else I foresee looong rows of little tents, with looong rows of fireplaces, and lots of smoke... plus you could then add more props to the clusters - a crate here, a tiny cart there, and so on... right now they look extreme basic, with that single mat, even for temporary lean-to's... peeps would still have some possessions around them...  just thinking out loud, as usual  :-X

:)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Discrepancy

Quote from: Paeng on January 12, 2017, 04:06:16 AM
For the little tents - I'm wondering whether it wouldn't be cool to make small groups of them, like 1, 2 and 3 tents (probably for 3, 4, 5 peeps?), each clustered around one fireplace...

Quoteplus you could then add more props to the clusters - a crate here, a tiny cart there, and so on... right now they look extreme basic, with that single mat, even for temporary lean-to's... peeps would still have some possessions around them...  just thinking out loud, as usual  :-X
keep doing so :) by all means. They are good, valid ideas, and I will adopt them. These are made so I may as well offer both variants.

Nilla

Nice to see you back. Your new buildings look promising.

Denis de la Rive

Looking good, its a great idea to have smaller buildings that serve a temporary purpose.  :)

elemental

Quote from: Discrepancy on January 12, 2017, 03:43:25 AM

and here is @elemental 's Gruel Kitchen, serving all manner of nutritious... gruel (by strange twist of fate this building looks similar to a building that shockpuppet has recently made for CC).

I haven't done the interior yet.

Looks great.  :)  And don't feel bad about the resemblance to that new market from CC1.7, because it's obvious that you have made yours from scratch.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/medieval-market---extended-license/105084

RedKetchup

we mostly all need to have some kind of ... pictures so we can draw our 3D meshes. personally i am doing it 100% of the time. i spot something a 3d ... and instead to buy it (cause most of time they ask a stupid big price....) and i try to make mine as much as exact i can to compare what i see.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

elemental

There's nothing wrong with that at all. :)  Everyone needs to find inspiration somewhere.

There's nothing wrong with buying them either. But for you and discrepancy and kid and everyone else, obviously the more models you make (as opposed to buy), the better you become at it. Look at how quickly you have all progressed.  :)  I'm certainly not criticising CC for buying models (it's a fast way to add content) and I really like that market they will be adding to 1.7 but I do think that some of their best buildings are the ones they made themselves.

RedKetchup

Quote from: elemental on January 12, 2017, 03:35:52 PM
There's nothing wrong with that at all. :) 
There's nothing wrong with buying them either.

no, nothing wrong to buy ! at all !

but i am often just pissed to see some prices sometimes :( like a nice thing you would want but ask 599$ for it.
59.99 would be ok sometimes but they always want x10 more.

Discrepancy

I suppose it depends on how much work has gone into it, but yes some prices for 3d models are huge. I should start selling some...

If you looked at it at $30 an hour, I'm sure most of mine would cost $50-200 depending on level of complexity and textures. It's a good thing I'm doing this out of love and not for money though.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Discrepancy on January 12, 2017, 03:58:16 PM
I suppose it depends on how much work has gone into it, but yes some prices for 3d models are huge. I should start selling some...

If you looked at it at $30 an hour, I'm sure most of mine would cost $50-200 depending on level of complexity and textures. It's a good thing I'm doing this out of love and not for money though.

if you sell one !
what happends if you sell 600 of it ?