News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Irrelevant: Ferrumton - DS Industrial

Started by irrelevant, September 08, 2019, 01:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Struggling mightily with my pop die-off, but I think I've turned the corner. Got a workable mix of youngsters coming up. Needed a second cemetery cause the codgers are all croaking at pretty much the same time.

@Nilla look! Orchards! ;)

@Discrepancy So I just bought flax seeds, and built a Jetty Tailor, thinking that there I'd be able to make warm coats with leather and linen; nope! I see I can turn flax into linen at the Flax eaver, but I cannot for the life of me find a production building that uses linen for anything.

eta: Aha! Bryggen Town Tailor?

eta: grr, only from linen + wool!

Nilla

If you have read what DS wrote yesterday in my thread, you would have known that other kind of clothes will come in the next upgrade. :)

irrelevant

I did read it, but I guess since I hadn't yet gotten to the point where I was wanting to make warm coats, it did not click. At that point I was more occupied by having made such a noobie mistake as forgetting to build houses. :)

Livestock trader it is, then!

irrelevant

Last night I discovered the Builder's Workyard or whatever it's called. Wish I had found that one earlier; being able to make glass, iron fittings, bricks, roof tiles, lime, and timber all in one spot is huge!

And @Nilla I'm sure you probably mentioned this producer at some point as well, but the thing is, until I get to the point in my own game where something becomes relevant, discussion about it by someone else is a bit academic. Same as with the tailors above. Without a personal reference point of some kind to catch on, information can be difficult to retain. For me, anyway. 

This is why I wanted to build my own DS Industrial town, you and @MarkAnthony were discussing so many different things that sounded so interesting, but I was unable to really understand them because I had no frame of reference for them.

irrelevant

I've just about clawed my way back up out of my screwup. Year 20, pop 33, that's got to be a record for me! But there's 8 girls and five boys (and plenty of slots for more of each) ready to build the next generation, and then I'll get on with business.

With wheat available, it didn't take long to get back up to full health.

irrelevant

brads3

Nilla

Wow! Full health with DSIM! I never had that. Well done. Have you looked at the health of your vendors and traders? Am I the only one who have issues here? Or have you actually succeeded in having all categories of food in every store?

irrelevant

@Nilla Yes, almost everyone has full health, but this town still is very small, only 11 houses, two barns, and a couple of carts. Everything is right there. The are only two vendors and a single trader.

Image 1: this is the whole town, except for the forest group and the mines. You can see there is tons of food, and I am very mindful of doing what I can do to keep a balance in stock.

Image 2: the only guy I found with less than full health was this stonecutter who works way out in the sticks.

brads3

irrelevant

irrelevant

@Discrepancy I notice my guys have linseed in their homes. Is it a food? What type?

irrelevant

Interesting, each tree in an orchard gives 4 logs when it is cut.

irrelevant

Stonecutting seems to be far more detrimental to a worker's health than mining. The miner has been working all year, and the stonecutters just started a month or two ago. All were 5 hearts prior to their current assignments. Is this possible, or is it just random?

brads3

you may be on to something. i checked some workers today. i think there job and house have an affect on the health. the construction yard worker i thought would have been lower, but he was living in a Fulbert house. his heath was better than others who lived in cabins.