News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Necora's Work in Progress

Started by Abandoned, February 27, 2017, 07:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

will this also fix the way the shadows on them look? to me the pines seem too dark almost black. i zoomed back on and i think its something to do with the way the upper branches shadow onto the lower branches. happens even in winter.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Necora on March 20, 2017, 02:45:49 PM
Pic 1 - New Spruce trees with variants.

Pic 2 - New White Pine trees.

Pic 3 - Both.

@Necora  Your white pines looks very very awesome !
you have nothing to envy my meshes, yours are looking as great or easily looking alot better !!!!
<3
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

adelegarland

OK, I need these new trees!   Where do we get em?  Love them! ;D
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Necora

Cheers @RedKetchup all this talk about trees has inspired me to improve the whole pine set natural resources.

@adelegarland when I have done all of the natural resources, they will be in the next pine set update. I am also thinking about putting together a maritimes start condition (or which ever it is to change the natural resources spawned on the map to start with) as an addon mod. I am also trying to decide how to go about decorations, whether they should be in individual sets, or as a separate decoration pack, perhaps with the storage.

The maple... now has a red and green variant. I'm not sure if the foliage is perhaps a bit too much. It could do with some shading perhaps.

RedKetchup

you need to work out your maples though ^^ hehe

Necora

@RedKetchup yes, yes I do  :-[

So I got stuck at home today due to an ice storm... perfect opportunity to do those maples! I can't tell you how many different methods/combinations I've tried this morning... but I ultimately came up with these...

Pic 1 - New Maples (version 2) - 4 variants, 2 green and 2 red

Pic 2 - New Maples (version 2) in winter

Pic 3 - A fun before and after comparisons of the trees... from right to left New Spruce, Old Spruce, New White Pine, Old White Pine, New Maple, Old Maple. What was I thinking with the original pine??????

RedKetchup

it looks more natural :)
good job !

Nilla

I like your new ever green trees. I'm sorry to say, I didn't realize your old pine tree was a pine.  :-[ Since I'm not familiar with the trees from oversea, I though it was something that grows there. But I liked it, I find it looks cool! But your new trees look more real.

One question these red maple: are they always red in real? Our maples might be red in the autumn but in summer, they are green. I hope you will use the green version of the maple in the summer. (Not sure if it can be changed in autumn). If I play CC with the map with the red and purple trees, I always cut them as fast as I can. I don't like the over all sight of the forest with them in there.

Necora

@Nilla yeah the pine was a pine purely on the texture, which were pine needles. But nothing about it really came out right, I just didn't know how to fix it until now.

The maples, well, no here they are not red all year round. I think there is a Japanese one which is. I have no idea if you can change the colour of the fall foliage in game, it seems to all turn orange/yellow. I did the red for some variation, but can always just keep it as a decoration not a wild type.

brads3

NILLA,what the hell kind of tree are you smoking over there? you don't know what a pine tree looks like? i know europe cut all their trees down but i thought they would have grown back by now.

elemental

Quote from: Necora on March 21, 2017, 12:43:42 PM

I have no idea if you can change the colour of the fall foliage in game, it seems to all turn orange/yellow.

Unfortunately you can't control tree colours with the seasons. Trees have one leaf colour/texture and whatever colour it is (red, green, anything else) it stays like that through spring and summer until autumn when everything goes yellow/brown/black. You can't control the autumn colour change either. It's totally automatic, so you can't make a green tree turn red.

Necora

@elemental that is what I thought, shame we cant at least change the colour they turn in the fall.

So here are some pics. First, I've been improving the natural resources and raw materials in the pine set so they look better. This is how many I've done so far, about 1/2 way through.

The other pics are a few I took of various buildings with the new trees as natural starting trees.

brads3

you don't expect us to read those letters on the barrels zoomed out do  you? are those white birch trees? zoomed in they look too white. zoomed out especially in the winter the bark looks very good.

Nilla

I can only say; WOW! Can´t wait to try your next version. You really have a talent for creating good looking things! :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on March 23, 2017, 05:30:23 AM
I can only say; WOW! Can´t wait to try your next version. You really have a talent for creating good looking things! :)

100% agree