News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Work in Progress : Rise of the Pharaoh [Mod] Discussion.

Started by RedKetchup, January 25, 2016, 05:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phyllida

As a long time player of the old Pharaoh and Cleopatra I was hoping some clever person would do an Egyptian mod....well done! Hope to see it all soon :)

Genoo

I just found this Gem via Google and i had to register here and ask you - when will this be playable? and is release for the Steam Workshop planed? :)

Thank you !

RedKetchup

Quote from: Genoo on March 13, 2017, 03:02:39 AM
I just found this Gem via Google and i had to register here and ask you - when will this be playable? and is release for the Steam Workshop planed? :)

Thank you !

we have no idea when it will be available unfortunatly. i am mostly the only one working on this from time to time and it is not easy. one of the biggest problem is the lack of models and images to base our design on. we probably saw too big when we thought and determined its scale. we get easily discouraged :(

i dunno. maybe one day but not sure when.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Sunndae

I think it might be a nice idea if you guys could upload the work you have so far. May be there's other modders out there who will find inspiration to continue or add whatever isn't finished. It is a great mod and it is a waste that the banished community cant use it.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Sunndae on February 25, 2018, 07:50:10 AM
I think it might be a nice idea if you guys could upload the work you have so far. May be there's other modders out there who will find inspiration to continue or add whatever isn't finished. It is a great mod and it is a waste that the banished community cant use it.

maybe you are right :)

carolinafan95

Wow Red, I was just posting on this. I think you should def revisit this or at least post what you have. It looks great and I would love to try it out. :)
I know you're busy with the Ed. Choice and by all means finish it first, but this would be a great way to start a new game. ;D :)
Also, welcome aboard Sunndae, and thanks for posting on this.

adelegarland

I agree, Egyptian culture has always been a favorite of mine and playing it in banished would be nice.  Next project, Maybe??
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

catty-cb

Redketchup it all looks really great would love to it in-game

galensgranny

@RedKetchup , I really like the statues, in particular the cat statue.  Maybe you would consider releasing the statues you made.  It is sad to see them right there so close, but unattainable.

RedKetchup

i know >< it is similar to the Go'auld's door ^^
i am planning to add a RotP beta at some point. a beta, unfinished product, that will probably stay beta forever... but still available.

galensgranny

I am glad you are thinking of releasing what you made already, even if it is not finished as you would like it to be.  For we users of items, they looks great right now!  At least set those cats free.  :)
Quotei know >< it is similar to the Go'auld's door ^^
Ha ha!  I forgot about Stargate.  I need to find where it is being shown and watch all the seasons.

moonbelf

Continuing thoughts about ROTP from this other thread so we don't derail the other one. http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=3196.15#lastPost

@RedKetchup I understand that you want ROTP to be perfect as a reproduction of ancient Egypt and I salute you for that. But you could use many of the existing domesticated Banished animals in ROTP and be absolutely true to history: cattle, long horned cattle, pigs, sheep, goats, ducks, chickens etc

I know the problem exists for which wild animals to incorporate that don't need to be created and animated. I'll continue to search for any that already exist in Banished and could be used.

I thank you for your continued efforts on the Mod and really would love to see it finished :)

MarkAnthony

Quote from: moonbelf on August 23, 2019, 11:13:49 AM
@RedKetchup I understand that you want ROTP to be perfect as a reproduction of ancient Egypt and I salute you for that. .... I thank you for your continued efforts on the Mod and really would love to see it finished :)
+1 Like to both   :P
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

taniu

@ MarkAnthony :DI am glad that you support me too, very regrets that I am not a moderator, I was born too early, sometimes I think our master @ Redketchup is fed up with us - our whimper - but that's the nature of man still wants something new - even such a simple game , like Banished - sorry is improving right now - this is a great game - thanks to the author of this game and the efforts of a large community of moderators - it is still a great game - by the way can someone give me information - @ ShockPuppet? - the ".blackliquidsoftware" website does he think about the new Banished 2? - if anyone knows about new products - I will be very happy.
Greetings

RedKetchup

Not sure Shock is claiming it will be a city building game... till last photo posted, it seeemed to me be more an RPG (about ruling a city) than a city building game. Le zoom in and the first person view was very predomminant in the samples we got.

it cannot be a Binished 2 because it is not same developper. :)

About RotP : il try to see if we can have maps playables, first without buildings. just the maps an biomes.
but warning , you will get some resources you wont know what to do with it: in RotP wont have Iron. but copper and tin, and need to smelt those and then make bronze.
and there are some new things like reeds and papyrus... limestones.... mud...