Main Menu

Maritimes Dock Set V104

Started by Necora, February 16, 2017, 02:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

btw to get back to what i said.... i did that the first time but after i though that a design like this was better, less zigzags from citizens and 1 spot for boats to pass:

__
__
#_
_#
__
__
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Discrepancy

and that folks, is why my modular bridges don't allow the traders to travel/stop.

But why is this not always so, it does not appear to be a sure thing.
Others report the traders don't stop at port, while others can play a whole game and the bridges not affect the boats at all.

QueryEverything

Quote from: Discrepancy on February 19, 2017, 10:34:49 PM
and that folks, is why my modular bridges don't allow the traders to travel/stop.

But why is this not always so, it does not appear to be a sure thing.
Others report the traders don't stop at port, while others can play a whole game and the bridges not affect the boats at all.

I've had maps where I've had your fishing bridges @Discrepancy setup and the traders go right through them, there hasn't been a problem.
I've had 2 maps where it's almost like the traders are 'searching', zigzagging near the trading post, but don't stop (except for the 1st visit).  I put that down to the fact that I had placed the trading post in the lake part where the river flowed through the lake ...  Maybe it was the bridge that was located just past the trader?? 

Interesting.
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Nilla

Quote from: QueryEverything on February 19, 2017, 10:45:51 PM

I put that down to the fact that I had placed the trading post in the lake part where the river flowed through the lake ...  Maybe it was the bridge that was located just past the trader?? 

Interesting.

Yes, this is a known "bug". It happens also in a 100% vanilla game; if you're somehow blocking the river, the merchants will still stop on trading ports on the river but not if you have one on a connected lake. In a vanilla game you can block the river, if you're building two trading ports touching eachother on opposite sites of the river, but I guess the game sees these bridge parts as blocking, too.

Necora

Updated to Version 102 - See change log in download for details.

QueryEverything

Can anyone post a screenshot of how you've set up bridges so that traders can pass please?  I'm on a map with the main river, and not much else for miles & miles, and I really want to get to the other side of the river without disrupting the trader :)

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

brads3

QUERY,i recommend using a bridge not just the dock pieces to cross the trade river.

QueryEverything

I'm wondering how other people's bridges are coming along now ... 
Would love to see other bridges & dock designs.  I'm building a new area up, and it's pretty 'straight' and nothing of "Surprise" value, but would certainly love to see yours ...  :D

Nilla

I'm also very careful when I use jetty part, not blocking rivers and streams with them. You'll never know how they work. I agree with Brads; if you want to be certain; use normal bridges.

In my present game I'm experimenting with the jetty parts and bridges from @Discrepancy. I can't say, that I understand the game mechanics. At least not yet. If you're interesting, look at my recent blog. I will write a little more about this later.

Necora

This dock set has been given a minor 'behind the scenes' update with new texture files (flagged 'NEC'), updated core files, and deleted redundant core files.

This is part of an ongoing update to all Maritimes mods, so if you use this, please down load this latest update to prevent compatibility issues :)