News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Small Village: Production (v1.1.1 - updated 25 Jul 2019)

Started by Discrepancy, April 03, 2017, 04:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

Okay, I now tested most items (hopefully) that produce/use salt and water (no CC yet) -

DS well, village production
NMT water tower, saltery, saltmine
EB well, saltworks, tannery

in that load order, too... so far, ~8 years in, crash-free... could it be a load order thing?

I'll now start building other structures in earnest, see what happens...

@RedK - I need to look again where your salt is stored... normally it now goes to the "Minerals" stockpile... but that was not the problem last time around, I only tested NMT salt now...

EDIT

Okay, I looked where the salt is stored - it all goes to barns, none to a stockpile (sure, NMT was above EB)... when I changed load order (EB above NMT), it immediately crashed...

EDIT2

So, started a new town with DS on top, then EB, last NMT...
Built a saltmine and a minerals stockpile, a worker picked up the first batch of salt, went to the proper stockpile and... crashed.
Something salty fishy about the salt...?   :D

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

my salt is a textile (i think CC had salt too as textile....)
and textile are going to barn.

now with DS ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

DS doesnt have salt at all !! so it doesnt matter.

my salt was a textile as it was in old CC versions.
so if now the salt is going to mineral stockpile.... my salt is not prepared for that.
a stockpile needs 3 more graphic files : to be placed at low on a stockpile, at medium height, and a full stockpile column.
my salt doesnt have that.

in game switching graphics usually can be done easily without crashing... but presently, you are switching a salt pile for another one without problem. but you cannot switch a stockpile graphic with another one cause it simply doesnt exist in my salt. it is like dividing by 0 ^^

you need to start the game with EB on top. but...

QuoteSo, started a new town with DS on top, then EB, last NMT...
Built a saltmine and a minerals stockpile, a worker picked up the first batch of salt, went to the proper stockpile and... crashed.
Something salty fishy about the salt...?

but how they can go in stockpile ? why EB tells the game salt to stockpile ? it has salt for sure....
then if EB tells the game to go in stockpile it surely has its own 3x stockpile graphic files !

RedKetchup

yup it doesnt have its 3 stockpiles mesh graphic files  :'(
and needs to be done if it continue to be a mineral and go to stockpile.

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 05, 2017, 09:28:58 AMDS doesnt have salt at all

Yeah, that's why the first "suspect" was water, what some other users reported  :)
But that was eliminated quickly, so salt was next LOL

Well, looks like you found the little bugger - fingers crossed  ;)

DesoPL

I didin't kept my attention so i apologize for asking.

Is not compatible with megamod for 1.0.7 right?

embx61

Yeah, that's why the first "suspect" was water, what some other users reported  :)
But that was eliminated quickly, so salt was next LOL

Well, looks like you found the little bugger - fingers crossed  ;)

Yep, Red informed me about the storage pile and send me a sample how to make those in 3ds Max.
I had it go to the barn and forgot about CC stores in at a storage yard.

What I think happened is that DS have included the newlimit file in his mod and that one is the same as CC.
Mine (Personal one) was slightly altered to allow salt to go to the barn instead.
Never thought about that it is of course working on my system but not on anyone else who uses the CC newlimit files what tells the game to bring salt to the storage yard.

It should be fixed now, thanks to Red's sample files, and uploaded new versions of the Saltworks and Tannery what uses the storageyard for salt with their own meshes..

Sorry for hijacking your thread @Discrepancy
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Discrepancy

Yes the NewLimits I included are the one that kralyerg has made.

Quote from: DesoPL on April 05, 2017, 11:25:13 AM
I didin't kept my attention so i apologize for asking.
Is not compatible with megamod for 1.0.7 right?
Yes it should work... in theory, I have not tested as I haven't downloaded latest megamod.
But if you place my mod above megamod in the load order it should work.

And you need latest beta version of Banished: 1.0.7. 170320.

Quote from: Paeng on April 05, 2017, 05:16:53 AM
Also, apparently the Village Production set needs to be on top of other DS mods, else we get that empty menu bubble...
Yes, sorry about that, I added another menu to my toolbar. I will update all the other mods in due course.
From now on, always place my latest mod above all my others.

Quote from: Paeng on April 04, 2017, 09:38:25 AM
Runs really nice, just a few very minor things and comments -

* townhall - graphic glitch (turns black on rotation) (iirc you mentioned that)
* fisherman's catch - missing icon in inventory (townhall)
* hemp - lovely crop, pretty heavy on polys though (but should be only a problem if one builds plenty on a map)  ;)
* crafted goods - jetty general merchant does not seem to get them into port?
* gear-equipped gatherers, hunters etc. are really hard to find in a forest LOL
* all the gear has really different numbers (rate of production), any reason?
e.g. fishing gear I quickly have 1000, hunting gear less, baskets much less... with baskets needing to be replaced, shouldn`t that be the same for all?
* canvas coats seem to be pretty cheap (high output)
* Waterpump - personally I don't find the output too low...

I guess the building upgrades announced in some of the tooltips are not yet there?

Oh, and we have a new mill and new grain (acorn)... but no baker?  :)

Nice feedback, thanks :)

* townhall -- has now been fixed on my end. I just want to finish the hospital to include and then re-release DSSV: Services.
* fisherman's catch -- good find :) for some reason I had disabled the sprites in the SpriteSheet with // in front of the code.... silly me.
* hemp -- yes a bit too high poly, I will make lower in the next update.
* crafted goods (and any new flag) and jetty merchants -- Yes I had forgotten to add the new traders and flag to the traders. I promise Jetty & Bridge will be updated again soon.
* gear-equipped gatherers, hunters etc. are really hard to find in a forest LOL -- I know :) what can we do? should we give them a campfire? probably not a good option as it will just add more smoke.
* regarding all the specialized gear (Fishing Gear, Hunting Gear & Gathering Baskets) I am still in a bit of a pickle about how to include them properly in resource chains.
        Production rates currently:
        depending on who is making the gear, will alter the quantity made in a year.
        Small Workshop - work required is 21, at a work time of 5.0
        Village Workshop - work required is 8, at a work time of 4.0
        Village Blacksmith - work required is 5, at a work time of 4.0

-- to make 7-8 Fishing or Hunting Gear, 1 log + 1 iron is required - valued at 3 , profit of .71 each unEducated & profit of 1 each Educated
    -- to make 4-5 Gathering Baskets, 1 log is required - valued at 3 , profit of 2.5 each unEducated & profit of 2.6 each Educated
balancing does need to happen.
     - Currently Fishing & Hunting Gear, both do not have a use except for construction of the small buildings: Hunt with Hunting Gear and Waterside Fishing. Because both of these are producing natural resources, I haven't been able to get the code to accept a production cost. That is why I'm in a pickle about how to use them. In the next Jetty & Bridge I have included them in a way to catch the new fish, from specialized fishing spots, that will require a supply of fishing gear. This has always been an issue that I've been struggling to resolve for months.

* canvas coats -- 1 canvas will make 1-2 Canvas Coats at the tailor or the weaving guild will make 1-2 Canvas Coats from 4 Hemp.
       I do find most tailored goods making too high a profit in vanilla, but still I based my numbers upon being slightly better than that.
for example, while an uneducated person is loosing value making hide coats, educated they are making 5 profit each. Wool coats uneducated will make 5 profit and educated will make 10.
the village tailor will make 7 uneducated profit and 11 educated - looking at the numbers, if I double the input to 2 canvas, and change the production to 1-3 coats, it will be maybe a better -1 loss uneducated rate and a profit of 9.67 educated.
The weaving guild can have it's input doubled also, with output 1-3, the profits will be the same as the tailor, though the weaving guild works slower as it is skipping making the canvas and instead weaving the hemp straight into the coats.

* water pump i might make a cheap upgrade option to increase output just in-case.

Another good spot... some of my stringtable texts were getting ahead of what I had done  ::)

The baker has been started, it will be coming soon, plus some butchers and better options for the fish.

The Acorn is like a survival food... the gathering spot is really only generating them, not collecting them. That is why it can use gathering baskets as a production cost. It could be exploited, but the trade value is 0, so useless to sell like that, it would need to be processed further into flour or gruel.

a side about all the other comments :) I don't mind a thread hijack.
And, I like that you put your salt in barrels @embx61 .

Paeng

Quote from: Discrepancy on April 06, 2017, 02:39:43 AMYes, sorry about that

No sweat, that's what beta testing is for...  ;)
And thanks for the explanations - all makes sense, and I'm sure you find ways to iron out the wrinkles... As for the hard to find gatherers, don't worry too much about them, we can find them  with the "demolish" button...

Nilla

I have started a test game. I know myself: I use to write long, so I will not spoil your threads @Discrepancy. You can find what I write in the blog section.

Quote from: Paeng on April 06, 2017, 04:43:07 AM
Quote from: Discrepancy on April 06, 2017, 02:39:43 AMYes, sorry about that
As for the hard to find gatherers, don't worry too much about them, we can find them  with the "demolish" button...

I use the large footprint from the vanilla market. Works very good. :)

TheOtherMicheal

I've only just started using the Production set, I really liked the honey production from Small Villages so I was keen to have them back in my towns and I was also keen to use the alternate texture for the crop fields.
However, it seems that the crop field and the orchards are not in the Production beta set or am I just looking in the wrong place?

I'm looking specifically in; Community Toolbar --> DS mods --> Food Production, Farming, Hunting & Gathering

Discrepancy

@TheOtherMicheal , you are in the right spot. they will then be in another menu button 'Crops, Orchards & Pastures' on the very left. if the button image isn't showing up just a small dot, alter the mod list to have DSSV Production on top of all my other mods.

TheOtherMicheal

@Discrepancy Cheers for that, I had read in another thread about placing Production above the other Small Village mods and I had done that but the Crops etc. menu button still wasn't showing up.
So now I have placed Production near the top of my load order so, as per your instruction, it's above every one of your mods and now the Crop etc. button is showing up properly. Very happy  ;D

Discrepancy

The Village Forester is done, now onto the bakery.
Then after some tests with new production numbers I'll release another beta update (couple of days).

:)

RedKetchup