News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discrepancy work in progress

Started by Discrepancy, May 31, 2017, 04:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

Well, I thought I'd join the fun and start a work in progress thread.
It is fun to mod Banished. I find it an enjoyable pastime that I wish I had more time for :)
As a consequence of not enough time and my own inability to work on a single mod from start to finish I have created an awful mess of mods to follow! So I hope you can follow my work in progress...

I'm going to use this first post as a place to keep a list of my currently worked on mods - mods that I have made, or mods waiting on updates, completed or shelved mods. It will be just as much for my own benefit to keep track of things, as it may be to some of you. **it may take me some time to update all the details.

This first post will be regularly updated:  last edit 29/April/2018

Current Projects:
These are mods that I am actively working on, they are in no particular order and details can change at anytime just as fast as my mind does.

DS Housing   - -   (approx. release: TBA 2018) - some various housing styles & sizes..

DS Mead Brewing   - -   (approx. release: April/May 2018) - mead brewing & honey production..

DS Pick & Hen Tavern   - -   (approx. release: May/June 2018) - A complete rebuild of the mod and buildings..

DS Industry Mining in The North   - -   (approx. release: TBA - when the North7 is released) - A complete rework of production, construction and a few new buildings. Blast Furnace Advanced in this new format becomes a mod purely about setting up a large scale iron mining and smelting industry in The North.

DS Clay Crafts   - -   (approx. release: April/May/June 2018) - clay, bricks, rooftiles, pottery and oil lanterns. A clay based industry

Fishmongers   - -   (approx. release: TBA) - see the forum post here

DS Celtic House & Village   - -   (approx. full release: TBA) - a beta version is available here

DS Guild Storage   - -   (approx. full release: TBA) - a beta version is available here

DSSV:Starts   - -   (approx. release: TBA) - original DSSV v1 start options expanded, in own mod.

DSSV:Complete edition   - -   (approx. release: TBA) - the complete single mod of DS Small Village, this won't add new content but will be a single compile .pkm of all 107 DSSV parts.

DS Roads   - -   (approx. full release: TBA) - new additions, texture fixes, incorporate into new DS toolbar.

DS Starting Conditions   - -   (approx. release: TBA) - many options, new trees and foliage..

Ideas:
These are mod ideas, things I'd like to make, or suggestions that have been made. They are either purely in planning stage or may have sections (code/models) already made but nothing set into motion on being a complete mod. For example some of these mods are early modding ideas where I have already made a 'skeleton' code and used vanilla buildings to test them. They may sit shelved for some time or could jump the queue to become current projects.

CampfireKitchen - small campfire to make meals. code is semi-written, models are complete.
DSBirchCraft - large mod, birch centered industry. code is semi-written.
DSCastles - the expansion to Styth Tower. code is semi-written, models are semi-made.
DSFerry - a ferry like bridge. code is semi-written, models are semi-made
DSGuildHall - townhall with UI variant. code is semi-written.
DSLocalMarket - modular market places. models are semi-made.
DSMonuments - decorative and functional (services/spiritual) statues and monuments. code is semi-written, models are semi-made.
DSPizzaBar - something for fun. code is semi-written, models are semi-made.
DSTents - middle ages styled tents and pavilions. models are semi-made.
DSTownAndCountry - large mod, early idea, possibly obsolete with new toolbar options. code is semi-written.
DSTradingCo - large trade mod (trading wharf's and resources, early idea. code is semi-written.
DSWagonGypsyCaravans - gypsy wagon housing, herbalist, storage. code is semi-written, 2 separate un-textured house wagon models.
FogradhWhiskyDistillery - a mod like the blast furnace with a full industry behind: Distillery, Malting House, Ageing/Storage, Peat Bogs & related industry. code is written.
Organized Professions - as the mod name suggests. mod on-hold.
TheHealersHerbs - herbalist and herb garden, healer for concocting health items. code is written.
TheOverlookCastle - unknown function townhall/brewery. code is semi-written, models are semi-made.

Abandoned

Great thread to keep us up to date, impressive listing, great mods.  :)

Discrepancy

So to the first work in progress report:

I am currently working on the new mod DS Stone Bridge. This is the modular stone bridge that was removed from DSSV/DS Jetty & Bridge to now be (as it should be) its own mod.

Walkway pieces have been expanded, I've just been working on the winter snow look for the walkways. Next I'm onto making more buildings for the bridge. My idea is for an almost eclectic bunch of buildings. Not all of uniform style, but hopefully will all match in their own right.

Here is a look at Bryce's Butcher:

despo_20

That's amazing!!!

I absolutely love all your mods @Discrepancy;D

RedKetchup

you have so much artistic talent !!!
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

Quote from: Discrepancy on May 31, 2017, 04:43:52 AMCompleted / Shelved

Just to compare notes -

DS Storage - I still have that one listed as DS Storage v5 beta?

Styth Tower and
Pick & Hen Tavern

Are there going to be 107 versions?

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

DesoPL

Damn this stuff looks great! Now i got free time from WoW, so i installing your old versions of mods to play. :)

elemental

DS Flora is another one that isn't anywhere on your list. Unless maybe you are merging it with fences and decorations.

The butcher looks great.  :)  Your texturing has greatly improved in the last couple of months. Not that it was bad before, but it's really at a whole new level now.

Discrepancy

Quote from: Paeng on May 31, 2017, 10:36:09 AM
Styth Tower and
Pick & Hen Tavern

Are there going to be 107 versions?

Yes of course. The Completed/Shelved section is by no means a forget and move on dumping ground ;) They are just mods that I have, sitting in the background waiting.
When I look at that list I could really upgrade them all again, and more than likely will one day. I have ideas for all of them, but nothing concrete, no clear direction as of yet.

By utilizing this single thread and post it will allow myself to keep better track of things, being for ideas, plans and keeping a catalog of my mods.

A word on the Pick & Hen Tavern. This will be getting an upgrade, but when I'm not sure. It is something that I would have liked to do earlier, but the way I made the models will require a bit of work to fix things for Ambient Occlusion to be added. I haven't the heart yet to get into that. I want to finalize the complete version of DSSV first.

Styth Tower I could easily do an update for... I just haven't thought well with my toolbar where to include it!

I'm glad everyone is liking my mods :)
My artistic talent only grows along with all of the other talented modders here.

Quote from: elemental on May 31, 2017, 03:44:08 PM
Your texturing has greatly improved in the last couple of months. Not that it was bad before, but it's really at a whole new level now.
... I beg to differ when I look at the stone behind the tunnel mine  :o

QueryEverything

This thread is now one of my 'subscribed' threads, it's a must watch! (To be fair, all dev WiP threads are on 'notify ;) ) Great work @Discrepancy :D
I sent you a PM yesterday too regarding textures, with a link to a screenshot, if it helps :D

For bugs etc, do you want them listed in this thread - or in the mods respective threads, ie: where do you want us to report to you?  (If we need to). 

I am really loving the look of those new stone buildings, they will definitely fit in my game play :D ;)  I can see a nice cross over between "Docklands" and "The Docks", one being more advanced than the other, the other more run down ... sagging walls, busy busy fishing & trapping, as opposed to high trade, and business.  I think that there is definitely room for both styles not only on the 1 map, but also in the same district, village.  Very exciting mod there.

As for your lists - thank you :D  Happy to have a 'go to' list here :D 

{{edit}} comments for existing mods (not just bugs), where would you like them ..  and no "stick them where the sun doesn't shine" will be accepted, perhaps warranted, but will be ignored ;) :D (all in good fun ;) )
I made a note on the DSSV Jetty / Docks re the wood collectors, and it's not on a priority list at all, but would you mind taking a read please? 

Basically just trying to work to your needs as a modder, as to how you would like feedback :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Discrepancy

Bugs, issues and ideas with particular mods can be put here or in the respective threads. I'm not fussed. I read them all, I may not reply to them all, but I do read them.

@QueryEverything , yes thank you for the screenshots, it confirmed that my texturing was awful ;)

I also read the post on the jetties, I will work on the wood collectors to make them still usable in post-life. I'm just not sure when I'll get to them. DSJetty might make it back into the current projects after a few other things are finished, but as I'm still building over water now (DSStoneBridge) it may be sometime after a break on land.

QueryEverything

Thank you for your answers :) 
No rush on any of the work, it was just some things I found as I was playing through at 'regular' pace (rather than build in debug mode), and I thought I'd bring it up. :) 

Hahaha, no, not awful, and for the longest of times, I thought it was my end or that it was meant to be ;)  I didn't think that your texturing was that bad. 

I'll just float along (pun intended ;) ) and see what comes along, your skills have certainly improved though :) 
Thank you @Discrepancy :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Abandoned

@Discrepancy I thought of something that did not make it onto the future to-do list.  Gypsy Wagon caravan with wagon houses, a  herbalist, storage wagon, and other ideas as discussed in the DS Wagon Vendor thread.  Colorful gypsy wagons with a f-variant for more neutral colors that would go with a wild west theme, unless @kid1293 is already thinking of an addon.  :)

Discrepancy

Quote from: Abandoned on June 01, 2017, 03:16:23 AM
@Discrepancy I thought of something that did not make it onto the future to-do list.  Gypsy Wagon caravan with wagon houses, a  herbalist, storage wagon, and other ideas as discussed in the DS Wagon Vendor thread.  Colorful gypsy wagons with a f-variant for more neutral colors that would go with a wild west theme, unless @kid1293 is already thinking of an addon.  :)

Thank you for the reminder. I knew there was something else. The code was in a .zip with the wagon vendor. I have written it to be a part of the wagon vendors, but I think a separate mod would be best.

despo_20

I wonder where you find time for all these mods  :D

I also have so many things in mind, but I just don't find the time  :(

Still many compliments for your masterpieces @Discrepancy !!!