News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - House Boat V1.41

Started by kid1293, June 01, 2017, 07:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

Poor thing, you have set her adrift, up the creek without a paddle.  :)  (American Saying)  The residency problem must be related to the North.  In Riverview I had no problem with houseboats along shore but did have to add a pier piece to a few of them and to the paddlewheel market.  Suddenly I had homeless people because the laborers took goods to paddlewheel market and could not get back off.  But houseboats, families moved in and stayed.

Edit:  How old is lone child left in houseboat?  Proper time they will move out at age 10

twilightbreeze

What Tom reported, is what happened to me. I guess I didn't say it right. The family moves in, to immediately move out, and leaves a child behind....age 5, age 3, and age 7. So yah, somethings not right. The boats are connected by the front and by the side.

So yeah, something is going on.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

embx61

I checked Kids mesh and his code and see nothing wrong.

If they bring food and firewood it means the use_001 dummie is working.

The residence code is pretty straight forward and short and I see no errors there.

I think it is a pathing issue with how the gangboards are placed and maybe not always reach the shore?
But then why they can bring the stuff on the boat?

If I look at the template file it looks like this.

###_#
###_#
###_#

I don't know if the gangways can be placed anywhere from the boat but if they are placed at the left(back of the boat) there is no path as the # tells the bannies they cannot walk there so they leave but why they leave a kid behind is beyond me.

EDIT - Well Kid created the boats so the kids not going to leave pathing issues or not :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Tom Sawyer

I'm pretty sure it is connected with connecting the boat.^^ If not connected correctly before the boat is completed it can force a family to split or something like this. It needs a pier from this open part on the side till a land piece where a road can be build, not just where land is on the map. Maybe better to build a pier first and then a boat there. My poor couple in the picture were building the boat in water and after this they were forced to move in. It also splits a family if they have a child.

twilightbreeze

It is rather strange. The gangway is very connected to both the boats AND the shore.

I'm glad Tom had the same issue, it's not just me then. It's gotta be something between the mod, and the North.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Tom Sawyer

This would be even more strange because the north mod doesn't change any residence mechanics. Can you send me a save file to check it on your map? :)

embx61

I agree Tom. walkable access is important.

If a house is placed with the road side over another object it will not work because there is no path to the use dummie.
The house get build but if it is finished it errors out as the bannies cannot access it so move in and directly out.

Bannies always build even if they have to go into the water.

In CC many players had problems if they build the jetty's and buildings in the water because if one in the middle of the water was finished before the ones to the shore where finished the builder bannie(s) stayed on the finished piece and starved or froze if the other pieces were not build on time.

brads3

to fix the glitch EB mentioned,you can demolish the finished piecs.then bannie will walk off of it,then you just reclaim it. since you say it is happening to a child,it sounds like the mom is about to have another baby and they want room so they kick the kid out.in which case all the kid has to do is step wrong and give them a reason.the bannies can be strange at times. they will walk to somewhere and then worry bout getting their feet wet coming back.

embx61

In Luke's code it is set as the bannies can go about anywhere to build.
That is why a floor object in the mesh not works in the building stages.
The bannies just go through everything.

But if the building is finished the collision kicks in and the template file is used where the modder can tell the bannies where they can go and not by using the _ and # in the template file.

It is the other way around brads. it seems the parents leave the boat but leave the kids behind on the boat.
Why that happens I have no clue.

twilightbreeze

Ok, I deleted the gangway, and re-did it so it goes inland a bit....that seems to have done it. Guess they need a lot of ramp-way to get in. I'll let you know if I have any more trouble. But thank you.

kid1293

Just a heads-up. There are people having problem with these house boats.
The majority have no problem and those who have, mostly solved it
by extending jetty a bit up on land. It is a very touch-and-go with the jetties.

Start building from land. See if the bannies can walk on it. Then build a boat.
If you have a working jetty you can add more boats.

I am so sorry if this has ruined your experience of the game.

:)

galensgranny

When I first tried the houseboats  a long while ago, I didn't read any directions and did not build a jetty.  I just wanted to see what the boat looked like in my game.  I was very impressed that the Bannies could walk on water out in the middle of a lake to build the boat.  :o Then they walked on water and moved in.   8) These guys are amazing!  But, then they froze and starved even though I had a market full of food and firewood on the shore they walked from.  How sad that they lost their ability to walk on water. :'(   

kid1293

Hear! You people of little faith!

Thanks @galensgranny . It was a lesson you learned.

Turis

Well, that's one way to get rid of singles! ::)

kid1293

Hi! :) :)

Finally I did something for this old mod. The recent talk about boats...
As usual, a healthy dose of support from @Abandoned :)

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=308

V1.4
Added more decorations on House Boats.
Added Hostel Boat for 4 families. Same colors as Market.
Added Storage Barge, Depot Barge (warehouse) and Log Barge (log market).
Added ghosted Deco House Boats (straight and angled).