News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING of AMERICA SERIES: capbell town #3

Started by brads3, June 07, 2017, 08:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 11 and 12

to build up our log stock,the workers continue to clear land along the river to the north.a meat dryer and meat locker are built.with a butcher shop,we begin setting up a meat processing area.
       to help move stocks,we add a cornerstore to the north near the meat processing.we also take time to upgrade some of our roads.
        by rotating crops,we should have more corn next year. the corn crib inn will be able to make whiskey.

pic 1: meat processing:wood butcher,dryer,and meat locker.
pic 2: road upgrades to moss.
pic 3: corn crib inn.

brads3

YEAR 13 and 14

since it has been reported that the salt here is no good,we decide to do an experiment.we add a saltmine to salt the fish.we are ahead so it really won't hurt our town if it doesn't work out.
      17 more settlers arrive.i do wish they had brought us some seeds. we will need 4 more fields.we also should increase our log production.
       we quickly add a greenhouse and clear fields.since the fort has requested muskets,a rowhouse blacksmith shop will go near the shipping center.then we plan a hardwood forester,hunter cabin, and a EB herbalist.NECORA'S vanilla gatherer,pine cabin,and material storage are added as well.this will not only supply logs but hardwoods for better furniture.
       it is almost winter when the hardwood forest is started.with 10 laborers and 5 builders it should go quick.there is a material shed fairly close on the edge of the meadow.the material shed does have to be paused while the the farmers return to their fields.the other buildings are completed or already stocked for the builders.

by spring,the workers did have  time enough to drink up the corn whiskey.the corncrib is shutdown until we get more corn.our experiment with the salt went as planned. the salt here works very good to process fish.
         2 more pine cabins are set between the hardwoood forest and fodder.this will give them extra workers to move sipplies. 2 trade posts are added,1 for livestock and 1 for seeds.then we will need to expand father.
        during the winter we will start a road to the edge of the hardwood forest.by winter, only youngsters remain in the boarding houses.as everyone is busy clearing for the road,a seed merchant stops at the new post.we gladly take the oat seeds and rotate crops.soon we can have flour and more corn for whiskey.another merchant brought us chickens.the 4 of them can stay in the holding pen til spring.

pic 1:old salty with salt and fish.i do use the older compatability mod.
pic 2:hardwood forest onstruction layout.in top right corner.
pic 3: hardwood forester,EB herbalist,RK hunter,pine cabins.
pic 4:  the RH trade posts.production chart

Nilla

Maybe you're right, I broke the nice NMT mod! :( Or maybe the building was somehow bugged or the salt I bought was of too bad quality for the old saltery.(unfortunately I didn't produce any myself) Who knows. Anyhow I'm glad, that your salter works. It's a nice looking building, it makes good profit; both if you use the salted fish yourself or if you decide to sell it. :)

brads3

i think that is the problem. 2 salts with 2 flags.i did think the compatibility should have fixed it. my bricks will work from the 1.06 NMT. that has been tested.

brads3

ok, since some players are having issues, i will take a minute to explain some mods. the list of mods i am using is in the 1st blog of the series "LNADING FORT". i did adjust the order as i found conflicts. the ketchup fatory was moved. CC was moved up to fix water and duckhunter issues. i leave the mods in each game and try not to load any while in mid-game. i leave them in even though i might not use all at the same time in every game. it's like having a toolbox. you carry all your tools cause you never know what you might need or want.many of the mod sets do work well together cosmetically.
the other reason is with so many mods and changes this year,i wanted a few long plays to finf any glitches,gremlins,or conflicts.

i will do this based on the original order since that is the chart that has all the individual mods listed.starting at the top:

RK's trader fix-self explanatory really. it is here to solve any issues with trading posts or merchants carrying odd items due to the 1.07 changes.
IF IT DOES NO HARM LEAVE IT IN. IT AIN'T BROKE,DON'T FIX IT.saves you losing the game later.

wheelbarrow-allows vendors to carry more. does it help? maybe not much BUT if you had a very large town you would wish you had it.see point above

empty space-again is as it says. a space so stuff won't grow can be expanded to cover a house yard,etc.

CC no smoke,no wild ducks,BL rain-these get rid of stuff that can slow the computer down. they also make it easier to see.
stop burning coal-does what it says.most likely not needed for CC but other mods....? seee notes above

forget about orchard-allows the orchards to produce fruit the 1st year. also makes the orchard last forever so you don't have to cut and replant.

immortal trees-stops the trees in the forest from falling over dead.they last longer so you have more logs.

residence fix-was to solve issues between mods where housese have larger sized families.again see notes above.avoid those gremlins

renewable resources-this mod is handy. "regrows" stones,tres,iron ore and iron.works like a forester.use it near a hill,it is like a quick unlimited  mine

blacksmith tools-gives more otions for making tools. wood,stone,etc. very hand with CC where iron ore is used not iron.can't make iron tools=options

more wood or stone-self explanatory.with the new meadow mods, these are very useful.

safer mines-makes the miners work and die more like the other workplaces.

unlimited mines-not sure this is needed either but with modded mines,it might help.CC has upgraded recently and continues to chnage.

pine set 1.03-changes the texture of some trees.brings many other options including a maple and apple forest,trappers,pine forest,different buildings,
  a pine hospital,material sheds for stone,logs,etc, fur and pelt tailor,and several other items.it will add changes to the starting map.place high in mod order

NAT DIV-this mod adds thatch to the map. it also changes textures of many many plants.the thatch is burnable and used to build vanilla buildings,mines,
and pastures.it changes the map starts from all forests to meadows and forests.does mean less trees at start.

seasonFX- gives a different texture to crop fields.
mini-mod-small townhall brings nomads with no other buildings needed.tent houses,small hunter,gather,herbalist,and shed,etc
several mill and bakery mods-these give different looking bakeries.placed in the mod order carefully, some will allow bread to be made without cows.some will mill oats, some will mill other grains also.

bakeryPLUS-adds options to the bakeries below in the mod order. suich as donuts,pie,cakes,etc

my precious and statue plus-adds gold,silver,and gem mines and processors.also adds different statue decorations.

CC fix add-on mods-domesticated animals fix<does away with finding animals all over the map>
            compatibility 1.07-helps fix issues with older mods and the recent flag changes.  place above CC
           compatabilityu buildings-without this mod some of my older mod buildings will not show up.fixes conflicts due to 2 mods naming buildings the same.  place below CC.place below CC. no i typed that twice on purpose. i am quilty of thinking it is  wrong. it is not trust me.
tropical greenhouse-uses bonemeal to produce exotic fruits.place below CC

CC- there is tons in this mod. 1 thing that is big is having all kinds of seeds for veggys and fruits.many types of livestock.decorations,etc,etc
this mod brings lots even without using any of its buildings.it is like 100 mods in 1.

now we do mod groups by modders.most of these go below CC. there are exceptions.

REDKETCHUP mods-NMT2.04- brings a medeival look to several buildings.also has some good meat processors,a rootcellar that can be placed on flat ground,a salt mine,clay and roof tiles<needed for various NORTH mods>etc. there is tons in this mod. includes canals also. this is a 1.06 version mod requires those compat. fix mods. those fix mods may help with other mods not just CC!!!!! the 1.07 is recmommended highly

garden utility mod<FODDER> this mod adds a forester type buiding that plants fodder grass and flowers. the fodder is part of a production chain that gets you greenhouses to produce food. have no fruit or grain??? you need this mod to solve that. perfume<incense> is made from the flowers.

training camp and deco-i don't use all of the set. that is the advantage of the way the mods have been made. this set gives tower hunters that are not range dependant.it brings a new security fence to uyour towns.it adds fur and a tailor.

wood butcher,country house.ketchup-these do as they should.
RED's mods do not require the materials and production chain of CC.therefore,they are easier to build or can be built sooner in game.if you have troubles with CC due to the production chains,the NMT will help.

KID'S mods-tiny-adds traders,a townhall,small fish dock,mini stone quarry and iron mine
                  rowhouse set-several house sets that can be attached to each other, a tavern that processes ales and cider,an office townhall,clinic,school,etc
                  vegetable garden-gives a variety of veggys from 1 crop field.
                  market puzzle-different mini-markets useful for supplying different areas that require specific goods.
                  forest outpost-a set of mods useful in forest settings including a smaller radius hunter,gatherer,and herbalist
                  wildwest,colonial set,plymouth plantation-different building styles
                  workplace mod-mini options for some productions such as mill,butcher,bees,etc
                  market soup and bar-b-q set-variety of dishes
                  yard cover- now you can cover those stock piles
                  log depot-a market that stores and supplies logs.
EB mods-farmhouse1 and 2,tannery,leatherworks- these go good with the wildwest set
              herbalist-goes good with the plymouth set
              market set-needed for the 1.07 new flags.various options for different production areas.
               oil press and winery- different building styles.
DS stone hovels-houses
NECORA-maritimes storage
TOM's mods-fly fishing and hunter-these are quick place options that are handy especially in beginning of games.
                  nordic mods- various houses, schools, wharehouse,a mill, the wharehouse is handy to store multiple materials works like a market.

fountain lite-adds different houses,stone and iron gatherers.

mods below should cause no conflict or turn red.they work work and function without issues.
better school-allows 2 teachers and 50 students per school does not work on all schools.
         college-RED's new large fancy school
         CC light rain-should work without CC,easier to see the map in spring downpours.
        birch canoe,chicken coop,city roads,decorative plants.IZBA,gh lighthouse,new trees,veggy&fruit barn,old hunter hut,snughouse,washing mod,picket fence,plymouth house,storage shed-these are cosmetic texture different buildings and decorations. the new tree does bring lilacs and other flowers.

emporium-a market that looks and works good in forest areas
slink's small markets-these are super handy, larrge size and can store stone and other materials as well as a specific textile and farmers market.
zmasher-old looking mixer for foods,used more as decorative than function
i-see-fire adds torches and bonfires.
specialized markets-adds a general dtore and an industrial central market for production areas
grassy roads-brings several variations of road squares including an invisible road.
propertime mod-a variation of th 1:1yr mod. children schoo age 10-16,marry/childbearing 15-16,old age into the 70-80's.

debug-a handy tool to place and check new mods. can be used to adjust the start settings by adding population,tools,food,etc

that is a huge list. if someone has a question.please ask. i am more than glad to help.new players add ideas and come up with new solutions as well.
i have tried to give different looks of my toolbars in the pics as i have gone along tell me too if i screw up to badly,lol. there may be a reason or i may need to learn a new trick.

Nilla

This is overwhelming! Good explanation. I haven't even heard of all these mods.

You're certainly an expert on possible mods. But I already knew that! It must have taken quite some time and some attempts to figure out the right order. :)

With all these mods, does it take a long time to load Banished/load a game/ save a game? I know, it also has a lot to do with the computer, but on mine (say medium good) I notice a big difference, if I have just a few (what I normally prefere) or many (like my last game).

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on June 12, 2017, 02:05:26 AM
This is overwhelming! Good explanation. I haven't even heard of all these mods.

You're certainly an expert on possible mods. But I already knew that! It must have taken quite some time and some attempts to figure out the right order. :)

With all these mods, does it take a long time to load Banished/load a game/ save a game? I know, it also has a lot to do with the computer, but on mine (say medium good) I notice a big difference, if I have just a few (what I normally prefere) or many (like my last game).

you absolutely need to ALT TAB during loading / launching process :)
a 15 mins will become 38 sec ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

RED,that trick doesn't seem to help me. it actually can cause me to crash out.it isn't too bad,takes a couple minutes. i actuallu don't think this comp is that powerrful either.

i added mods as i went along. i started from the vanilla and knew the game needed more. read about the CC and NMT mods. i wasn't sure the computer would handle them as big as they were. i tried some small mods for a while. once i loaded the 1st big mod,it was like i had a new game. it changed it a lot.was like a different game. didn't take long  and i loaded the other 1.i remember sayin g i had 10 times the game after that.
   the order,i learned as i went along. in the beginning if i switched CC and NMT around,the buildings got lighter or darker.it doesn't do that no more.most mods are dself explanatory on where they go in.if it affects the start or game function you place it higher in order. the higher in order the more impact it will have since it overrides mods below it. that is a general rule.so an aging or family mod or more trees,usually will go close to top so it influences all buildings below it. again a general rule. the way codes are worded and the same item can be called by different names can change that.the propertime mod by this rule should be at the top,but it doesn't turn red so can go anywhere.the BS tool mod does not change all blacksmiths.
       there is a method to doing the order that i developed over time. it does make it smoother and faster. you start at the BOTTOM.this way everthing you move is up.i turn everything on and move any that are red to the top. by clicking to move them to the top,all the mods without conflict go to the bottom out of the way.then i go through and any mod that has to be near the top click it.that way they are all grouped together.now you can move them around but you are only moving them within their own little group.less mods than moving 1 mod throught the entire list.once this group is organized,as long as you start from the bottom they will go back to the top in the correct order.say you have 1,2,3,4,5. click 5 to top then 4 etc. after you do it they are still in the same order. if you click 1 then 2. it will reverse it.
       by thinking of the mods in groups,you have less mess to deal with. i find it easier. who wants to click a mod 50 times to move it up through the list?
      i don't keep notes as good as ABANDONED. it does take some notes though.this computer was<hasn't done it in a while> known to change the freaking mod order when it fatal error crashed out.so you had to know it or start over.that could take days and several tests to figure out.it is also 1 reason i leave them all active.

brads3

YEAR 15 and 16

population 162,75 adult,16 students,71 children.39 houses,43% educated.
  food 18,000+.
we are growing steadily adding over 8 bannies per year.at this rate, we should begin to add a food worker every year.we also will need more firewood.we report 1 death a forester crushed by a falling tree.

the chickens need a home,so we expand across the river.this will be a close location so livestock and supplies can be moved easily.we will need to ex[and the pstures as merchants have brought more livestock. we do manage to trade for dairy cows but turn away pigs and bison.
     to help our firewood,we did get a sawmill built at the edge of the hardwoods.a pelt hut was built in the village to work with the fur hut.

as year 16 starts,11 indians waunder into town.heavy rains had flooded the north village and they had floated downriver.several children drowned,they only were able to save one 3year old.they are happy to have a place to rest in our boarding houses.
     the indians decide to go work in the forest and add 2 trappers.an apiary is planned at the back of the meadow.several pine cabins will give them new homes.
      as fall approached,the indians still in the boarding house decided to head south by the far lake. they would plant apple and maple trees. there they could hunt and fish too.
       with merchants coming and going,we did acquire cabbage and peach seeds.we also traded for 4 sheep.

pic 1:stats
pic 2: production
pic 3:inventory
pic 4:apiary just inside the treeline
pic 5: chicken and dairy pastures.IZBA houses
pic 6:pine trapper in the hardwood forest.sawmill to left outside the circle.

brads3

YEAR 17 and 18

with the builders busy helping the indians with the maple forest,the laborers set out to clear for the sheep pasture.2 more pine cabins are planned for the indians and a school is to be set by the forest station north of the maple forest.
       by fall, we were using logs fast enough to cause a slight tool shortage. we did have extras in the OTTP. they were quickly handed out and the laborers kept clearing land for fututre pastures.
      now that we have oats a colonial mill and bakery is scheduled.we do consider adding another blacksmith as well.
        a merchant finally brings us candles so we can dig our coal mine deeper.we do still have almost 500 in the silo.our fuel holding at over 600.
        RED's towers have kept us safe from bears and the butcher busy with ducks.
         late fall,we get hit with an epidemic of yellow fever.it started with a small child.as she headed for the doctor, another child came down with it too.not a good way to start the winter.a newborn did recover quickly,however the 1st child died in the hospital.10 children and a blacksmith. our young fisherman was the last to recover. it had taken all winter to get the disease cleared up.luckily we only lost 1 3 year old child.noone wanted to deal with merchants the entire winter.

as spring started i was notified that the horses needed more room. another stable was needed before we could consider expanding the greenhouses.we also need to add a vegetable field.the builders are still busy with the granary and the mine.
     we lost another forester.hurrying to cut logs,a tree fell on him.our cemetary now has 3 graves.
      a school is added in the northern part of our village to help teach children from the hardwood forest.now the builders can begin to make more pastures for future livestock.
     we trade for carrot seeds and stretch our fields farther north.

pic 1:maple forest.inventory
pic 2: oat mill and bakery
pic 3: sickness

brads3

YEAR 19 and 20

31 settlers arrive in the spring.10 of these will become farmers to push our food reserves up.we will also need to add to our clothing and tools.a small group should start another forest as well.
      we send a worker to the stables to push the fertilizer up.this way we can  supply a 3rd greenhouse.
with the barracks full,there are 3 families still homeless with several children.we will need over 10 houses to empty our boarding houses.we are going to have a couple busy years.we start with about 10,000 food.
   we make some trade deals for 4 pigs,nutbread,and grape seeds.we spent our beans with no intention of restocking them into the trade post.
   an outbreak of diptheria occurs.it lasted several months.
    we built a colonial tailor,3rd greenhouse,dock herb growerm,and 2 houses before snow fell. our food was up to 14,000+ with crops still being harvested.a quick hunter and trout fisherman were helping.somehow our log count was holding near 400.
    by spring,the pigs had  pasture.4 houses,a store,reed farm,and more storage were completed.a NMT medical clinic was  completed near the north school.24 fields were ready to plant and more were being cleared.our food was still over 11,000.

by spring, we felt like we were gaining ground.our population was at 255.a dock workshop would help our many tailors by making survival coats.a EB winery was under construction.a colonial hardware tol shop was being built by the new store.there iron tools would be made.as houses sprung up everywhere,the old boarding house only had 1 settler left as summer started.
       after we traded for beef cows,our livestock trade post was decommissioned.it had served its prupose quite well.we now have chickens,pigs,milk,and beef cows.
    as it starts to snow,our 28th field is being cleared.our food is almost to 20,000.food graph shows a nice spike.we raise rasberry,strawberry,and potaotes in our greenhouses. we have peach and grape orchards.
oats,corn,beans,carrots,pumpkins,cabbage,and lettuce are planted.a maple gatherer will soon give us sap and apples.
     before we can start making wine and more whiskey,we will need to expand our crops some more.once we start to boil the sap,we have the ability to make sugar and jams.our dairy pasture is half full.in a few years,we will need a dairy to make butter and cheese both.
     i should log some reports to send to the fort on our progress. in 20 years,we have grown to
259 citizens,119 adults,37 students,and 103 children.our oldest turns 70 next year.several are in their 60's.we are 39% educated.we have over 60 houses plus the barracks and a boardinghouse.in 20 years,our cemetary only has 3 gravestones.
        with 5 foresters,we should have enough logs to support our town.soon we could make hardwood furniture. over 50 food workers combined keep us fed with a well varied diet.our beekeeper gets about 250 honey and 100 wax from the meadow.our 10x10 crop fields produce 500-700 per year.15x15 orchards are about 1000.we get about 1000 water with 3 wells.our fishermen average about 350 each.our hunters average 500-1000 with the towers being the most. woodchoppers have struggled with logs but manage at 400-500 firewood each.
we have enough flowers to operate another perfume shop.
       at the rate this town expands,within 5 years they will be ready to supply food for other settlements.as well as clothing and muskets.the indians here are peaceful and willing to help us.they have taught us many things about this new land.     

pic 1:pastures
pic 2: going north along the river. note the fox on the lower riverbank
pic 3: winery and provision store
pic 4: year 20 stats
pic 5:year 20 production
pic 6: year 20 full inventory
pic 7: long food graph

brads3

i tried this last time. you all never said it was good or bad.
end tour

RedKetchup

it is starting to look very good :)
but yeah as stated @Bartender  ... me too i prefer my grass ^^ ( no offense Bart!  ;D )

brads3

RED could your grass be incorporated into the thatch since he has deveolped the new mods to bundle it into thatch??

RedKetchup

the only way i would see it is a fast building that would take and turn fodder into thatch