News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

CiVCity Rome

Started by QueryEverything, July 06, 2017, 05:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

So, I was going through mine & hubby's GOG account looking for a game (omg, I have nothing to play I declared, whilst staring at over 100 games, lololol) and I decided to go back again for CC:R and downloaded it for the hundredth time, and started from the beginning.

Now, other than the obvious, bad (now, good-ish then) graphics, odd keybindings (after nearly 2500 hours on Banished, everything else is odd) and crazy scripting, the game isn't at all bad - but, the sad part is - it's not sandboxed.  Sadness. 

I loved that it had it's own difficulties, but it was a good time waster as well.  It was funny, the voice acting gave me a whale of a laugh, it's been a while since I'd heard them and whilst I hadn't forgotten what it all sounded like, it was great to hear it all again. 

I could never go back to that game resolution though, so cramped, my claustrophobia nearly kicked in!!  (no, I'm quite serious, partially joking ;) )

Anyway ...  who has it, who has played, what are your memories of it?

Have you played anything similar to it?  I've been trying to find something similar to it, and it took me years to even come close, but nothing has tickled me quite like it. 
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

never played that. only played Caesar 3 and Caesar 4
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

I've just started watching this YouTube channel about it @RedKetchup

https://youtu.be/6woxncLwuGQ?list=PLg3yMyxK1ZeHj4Uk4HHjMxfrRwu6wCjAy

See if it is something of interest for you :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]