News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Woot 900 Citizens for my very first time ever !

Started by RedKetchup, June 14, 2014, 02:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

woot woot i am sooooooooo happy !

i never never made 900+ citizens so far since i m playing this game !

even that, before i start to put alot of will by trying our challenges... i ve got at some point the 600 achievement, but it was because i tried to push it and those city were not healthy at all, everybody would have died 2-3 years after LOL but....

but with this farmer contest... i go super slowly, to be sure i never start to lack something (firewood.... food.... Tools... whatever...) ^^

so ....... NINE HUNDREDS !!!! woooot !
(soon my first ONE K hehe)

i am so happy i need to show you my screenshot hehe :) :) :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

mariesalias

Congrats! Looks like you worked hard for it! :)

ETA: It also looks like you have definitely thrown down the gauntlet for the farming challenge.  :o

RedKetchup

hehe thanks @mariesalias

yeah that one.... i will be a fierce competitor ^^ :)

just got my 1k ever ! (1002)

salamander

@RedKetchup -- Congratulations!  The closest I've gotten so far is only ~700 population total, but that was a peak right before an epic crash.  :)

RedKetchup

irrelevant

S_P

rkelly17

Nice, @RedKetchup! And by Year 57. Usually by year 50-60 I'm lucky to break 400.

RedKetchup

it is starting to be crazy  :P i have over 1200 citizens now and it s starting (bah since i ve hit 1000) to be very laggy, even at 2x.

i dunno. my computer is a monster usually, i have a QX9650 i can overclock at 4MHz and sometimes ... not laggy but.. it gives some .. 1-2 sec freezes, and during these times, people die (as usual) and arent replaced :( so i continually need to check my crew and re-ADD some workers here and there.

missing some peeps in farms or whatever isnt a such big deal but when it s a teacher missing.... i am getting un-educated people   :'(

i have 8 GB RAM... maybe i am missing some

Kaldir

I doubt it has much to do with your computer, @RedKetchup. There are really many people with lag issues at around 1000 citizens. Somehow the game engine can't manage that number of people very well.

My theory is that those periodic small freezes occur when the engine does some citizen check, which take too long with the large number of citizens. Some processes are cut off or something, resulting in dead workers not replaced. The good news is that Luke has announced a fix for this bug.

Nice going with the population boom though btw. :D

mariesalias

I am kind of dreading hitting 1K population. Partly because I am afraid I will kill all my people and partly because I am worried I will get the lag and that bug.

Theoretically my system should be able to handle it; it was built to handle Sims 3 with all it's EPs and tons of content. That may not sound like much, but TS3 is built on such a poor engine that it can (and does) destroy good systems! Even with extra cooling, I still have to have a fan blowing air at my tower to keep the heat down. Thankfully mods take care of most of the bugs.

Anyway, I guess i will find out if my system can handle it on the Farming challenge!

Kaldir

Quote from: mariesalias on June 15, 2014, 03:36:41 PM
Theoretically my system should be able to handle it; it was built to handle Sims 3 with all it's EPs and tons of content. That may not sound like much, but TS3 is built on such a poor engine that it can (and does) destroy good systems! Even with extra cooling, I still have to have a fan blowing air at my tower to keep the heat down. Thankfully mods take care of most of the bugs.

I assume you have NRaas' mods, like ErrorTrap and Overwatch? I've been using them for ages, and never had any serious, game-breaking bugs anymore. The Sims 3 uses a horribly inefficient game engine indeed. Loading the game takes soooo long, even though I have it installed on an SSD disk on a decent computer. My graphics card doesn't mind it much though. It doesn't get much hotter than with Banished.

mariesalias

Quote from: Kaldir on June 15, 2014, 03:47:37 PM
I assume you have NRaas' mods, like ErrorTrap and Overwatch? I've been using them for ages, and never had any serious, game-breaking bugs anymore. The Sims 3 uses a horribly inefficient game engine indeed. Loading the game takes soooo long, even though I have it installed on an SSD disk on a decent computer. My graphics card doesn't mind it much though. It doesn't get much hotter than with Banished.

I could not play my game without Twallan's mods! ET and OW, of course are necessary to control the bugs. I have not been able to play without Story Progression since before Pets or EA's SP just kills off all the infants, toddlers, and often Elders in my towns. As well as other issues. Master Controller gives me so much control over my town I would also consider it necessary!  I use about 35 of his mods altogether (including modules). I was so impressed with Twallan's professionalism and dedication, among other things, I was sad when he retired. He gave so much to the community and i am glad to see that others have banded together to continue his work!

I also have TS3 installed on a SSD and it decreased the loading time considerably for me. Before I (by I, I mean my husband) upgraded my computer this last time, I believe my loading times were up to 20-30 minutes. The other big wait for me was loading CAS but using Master Controller allows me to compress all the presets so it loads pretty fast now.  I do still start getting lag in Build/Buy after awhile, which is frustrating as I spend so much time building/designing lots. I also make Huge towns and after a certain limit SP will start to lag a bit, but it is worth it to be able to play the way I want to.

I wish it was not the only game of its kind. 

RedKetchup

i think it s when the game do a shuffle in citizens (shuffle their jobs for matching houses vs jobs), now i am at almost 1400 citizens, it started to take like 4-5 secs freezes every 30-60 secs

mariesalias

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 15, 2014, 04:23:17 PM
i think it s when the game do a shuffle in citizens (shuffle their jobs for matching houses vs jobs), now i am at almost 1400 citizens, it started to take like 4-5 secs freezes every 30-60 secs

That does not sound very good! :\   Hopefully the patch containing this fix comes out soon!