News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Friendly Neighborhood V2.01

Started by kid1293, November 25, 2017, 04:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Hey @brads3 !
You realize I am an old man who can easily break?  ;)

I would love a huge mod in wood, red, green and blue but I just
can not make it fit in with my life.

As usual... maybe in the future.

brads3

yes breaks can be good. i didn't mean in many colors. it is nice to have things scaled similar to fit on  a map. the town i am on now,i keep looking for more houses to fit with the wildwest 1's.the way you added those houses with the post office,undertaker,and land offices is quite unique and very handy.i hope EB comes back to expand the leather saddle mod. it fits so good with the wildwest.the bison leather would make nice indian TeePee's.the small colonials you did fit by texture but not by sizes.
        we throw idea so you feel wanted and to compliment your style. but please don't burn out trying.

Turis

Hmmm... NO yellow, red nor Green. What about a pink with purple versiĆ³n? Just kidding!

Abandoned

Yes, @DesoPL would like pink with purple, me too. Would be nice for spring with lilacs and spring flowering trees.  :)

Abandoned

Or darker, purple and black to go with Gothic Dark.  ;D

RedKetchup

they will maybe so great with Colorful Little Houses roofs textures :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

we all going to drive kid to start drinking.

Glenn

Kidd, when you do your mod sets I notice you do not tend to include a hospital.

is the any reason for that?

I tend to like smaller scattered hospitals than one larger central hospital.

I try and put hospitals near cross roads or bridges and catch the sickies as they pass

Maldrick

Quote from: Glenn on November 26, 2017, 06:01:14 PM
Kidd, when you do your mod sets I notice you do not tend to include a hospital.

is the any reason for that?

Kid has probably made more complete full sets than any other modder.  Most sets are partial in some way because the modders work on what interests them at the time. We all benefit from this because the end results are things that they are most passionate about.  Can only imagine how boring and repetitive it would get trying to do full sets every single time.

What's great about playing with mods, though, is we get to mix and match what we like to play with.  For some hospital options that would fit most of kid's themes, have a look at his recent Twilight Herbs, Stone House add-on, and Rowhouse Business.  The latter has 4 variants and I find the set in general is great to use anyway because of all of the options it brings to just about any theme. Rarely leaves my folder.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

brads3

that rowhouse is a huge set. they work good for mining and production areas. the extra offices has enough room for 7 CC new item cellars. these are needed since the old industrial square doesn't store them.it is nice to have housing,school,and a medical clinic in 1 style for such areas.the blacksmith is the easiest to build that allows you to make muskets for the frontier CC set or to trade.you ned lumber to build the other high grade blacksmiths to do that.with the mini rowhouses,you can slow the population growth as well.this set is like the NMT medical clinic was before NECORA. gets used in about every map somehow.

@Glenn  some of us don't worry about the placement of the hospitals. i suppose we should. most diseases don't kill off the bannies. the few diseases that would cause a problem happen very rarely.an infected bannie doesn't go  right to the hospital either.my understanding is they go to the herbalist 1st. and then it would depend where he started at since they will walk to the closest place.most diseases can be cleared up quickly.as long as the diseases aren't killing off a lot of bannies ,most people aren't as threatened by them. there is a chart to tell the chances of a disease.
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=357.0

Maldrick

I just love it.  The specialized traders and the market get used in about every map.

What happened with Necora?  Have just started experimenting with Maritimes as possible inclusion in a non-CC colonial set.  Noticed there's only the one hospital in the whole thing, actually.  I often forget to look for that.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

kid1293

OK. Taking notes... pink school, black hospital...  ;D

Give me some time to breathe and I can make school,  hospital
and maybe put my hands on a town hall (again).
What I really want to do is some more residential houses.
It is hard to make variations!

:) And yeah, I like a beer! Whiskey was too much for me so I quit it.

DesoPL

I didin't said anything about pink!  :'(

Abandoned

@kid1293 don't forget more signs  :) they look fantastic

kid1293

Ok, Ok. A sign here and there and you find your way. :)

Next up is school. (with sign)
Later I will make two small hospitals as Glenn suggested.
I will try to make them with same footprint so I can have them on f-key.