Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Medieval Times - Crude or Graceful?

Started by kid1293, January 26, 2018, 06:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

QuoteI don't like it.
It is like the entrance to a town hall.  MGHouse01test.png
* MGHouse01test.png (524.3 kB, 1024x576 - viewed 38 times.)

I think it would be good if you just kept the stairs wide on the side against the building so there is not an odd gap but then not have it wider on the open side.

Or, heh heh, since you think it looks like a town hall ...   :D

Turis

The hardest fix would be to move the stairs and door closer to the corner.

elemental

I really like the idea of the monks brewing ale or making wine (or cheese, or honey, or whatever), it's just the serving of alcohol (to the general public) at the monastery that feels weird. If you are going with ale or beer, can the monastery just be a production building? Workers will take it to the nearest tavern where it will be consumed.

kid1293

galensgranny

Regarding buildings to add happiness, there could be a theater.  It could be coded as a church I suppose (one paid employee- cleric to insure all is morally good, and the rest of the performers are volunteers, unless you can change the name of the profession to "performer"), but the design could look like it could be a theater for plays or any other kind of performance.  Something looking like Shakespeare's Globe Theatre would be good.  http://www.charitychoice.co.uk/shakespeares-globe-trust-2628

Discrepancy

Quote from: galensgranny on January 28, 2018, 12:35:08 AM
Regarding buildings to add happiness, there could be a theater.  It could be coded as a church I suppose (one paid employee- cleric to insure all is morally good, and the rest of the performers are volunteers), but the design could look like it could be a theater for plays or any other kind of performance.  Something looking like Shakespeare's Globe Theatre would be good.  http://www.charitychoice.co.uk/shakespeares-globe-trust-2628

what a great idea.  I like that :)

galensgranny

Discrepancy, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre reminds me of the style of the style/siding of many of your buildings.

kid1293

Discrepancy

galensgranny

galensgranny

Can the well footprint be as large as one might want?  If so, maybe Kid, since you said you wanted to make a well for happiness, and you also liked the idea of a monastery, maybe you can make a garden with well in the middle similar to the garden at the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes, in Spain https://covetotop.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/monastery-garden.jpg.  (I think that is a well in the middle.)  It can make a nice backyard area for rich Bannies.

Turis

@kid1293 You could build a small balcony and then place a thin stairway in shape of a "L".

galensgranny

Quote from: Turis on January 28, 2018, 01:58:39 AM
@kid1293 You could build a small balcony and then place a thin stairway in shape of a "L".

That would be good.  I was thinking of something like that for the house with the stairs to the second floor.

kid1293

Things like balcony have to be later when/if I return to houses.
Those two I have, stay.

I checked picture, @galensgranny and I think it is a too modern style.
Google 'Tatev Monastery' and you see my inspiration. Old, rustic.

galensgranny

Oh wow, Kid!  That Tatev Monastery is some great find!  It's a wonderful building, and yes, old and rustic.