News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Nilla-testing RK Editor Choice beta 08 -09-10-11

Started by Nilla, February 05, 2018, 12:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on February 07, 2018, 05:47:09 PM
if you kept the thatch custom5,construction limit,then it shouldn't be affecting her firewood.

i can also keep the Custom5 - Construction limit too. it is just sad to see it in my mind that should be more a natural resource harvested than a construction resource ^^ but i can bypass that idea ^^

i think overall, it is always better to have only 1 limit / 1 flag per item instead to see it count many times in many different limits and flags.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

yep,i am surprised it messes with the firewood.the nat div thatch doesn't. what do you have fodder and fertilizer and flowers for limit flags?as long as they are not all the same it should work fine.hard part with the flags is too many under 1 limit stops something else from producing.such a dilema.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on February 07, 2018, 06:18:10 PM
yep,i am surprised it messes with the firewood.the nat div thatch doesn't.

it was certainly does because the file was set like that
note, maybe because my grass is alot more present maybe it is a side effect.

about fertilizer and flowers ?:  Custom 7 : Miscellenous
both.

brads3

RedKetchup

Discrepancy

I've never been too fond of thatch as a fuel, okay for getting the fires started and a quick bit of heat...

... Thatch as Materials (Custom4),
Fertilizer as Materials also.
Flowers as Miscellaneous (Custom7)... unless they are edible...

;D just my thoughts.

Turis

Warning: "Do not recommend using fertilizer as fuel inside homes."

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 07, 2018, 04:44:26 PM

i think it is OK to have better hunting years... and worst hunting years. thats the way of the nature i think. we need to know that hunters now are doing more kills per year and it is probably normal that the animal population is not regenerating fast enough now. maybe i will have to look at that.

but Brad seems to be maybe confused ?  yes the hunters look more like a Watching Tower but you need to know that hunters are really hunting (not create food from thin air like the towers). I finally succeeded to do what was the real intention of towers should have got but i wasnt good enough to do that back in time.

I agree, variation is good. It's hard to say, yet how the regeneration of animals work in this game. Until now, I only had one hunter in the cabin. I usually never use more than one in a hunters cabin. In a vanilla game, there's not much differens in production between 1 and 3. I will increase the number to see what happens. If the regeneration is too slow, the output should be smaller after some years. I'll tell you, what I see.

And yes, that's one of my favourite occupations; making @brads3 confused. Can't help it. ;)

The fact, that you could spam the map with hunting towers, without less production in each, disturbed me, too. It's much better with "real hunters".

but the berries LOL is still laughing at me . i did reduced the number of spawns by 50% and i am still getting too many like if i did nothing. i maybe have to look back at this again and try something else to reduce that. Keep in mind... thats good though for the  Tavern !!! tons of berries for making ale LOL

Believe me or not, I've just built a tavern. Not to export ale, just to give my Bannis some booze! They also feast on cheese, bread and cake, not the best way to feed them economical. It's a pity, that they don't get happier from that. Or to give them perfume and jewels. How happy could they be, if they got these luxury goods? Maybe you clever modders will find a way.

........maybe i should delete the "fuel" and "woodfuel" part of it

will it be less confusing ? and maybe be less of a destructive component for your prefered gaming habits ? for sure, it will change the dynamic of the current mod, i think overall it will make it harder.... (you will start to lose a lot more Logs to supply back the Firewood chain)

And I will do it :) i will delete "fuel" "woodfuel" flags and it will be back to "custom4 - Natural resource harvested not through mining. aka: Materials flag" (i will have to change flags of stables)
And yes i can do a "cow stable that produce milk" to compensate :)
That way it will stop to mess around with your firewood production :)

i think overall, it is always better to have only 1 limit / 1 flag per item instead to see it count many times in many different limits and flags

I agree, that it's "cleaner" with only one flag for each material. It's not really confusing now, and it's fully manageable. Besides; to be forced to leave the prefered gaming habits is a good thing! ;)  I will not say, that one setting is harder than the other. You just have to consider different things. Personally, I would prefere fodder only. That's the great and unique part of your mod. I also see the point, if you have buildings with thatched roof, that it will need thatch as construction material.   

Maybe you can solve it by adding a small, simple, cheap workplace, where your fodder thatch, could be made to construction material or fuel. OK, now we're back to CC bundler. @brads3 would be happy. But this might be a "clean" way. If you make it small and cheap, it could also be a good start-up replacement for a woodchopper.

And hopefully @Nilla , i ll have some "closed" storage to offer you :) and better if you can give me exactly the name and utility of each building i should do for NMT3.0 RK Choice Ed. :) That way you will have exactly the storage buildings you will expect to have.

I've been thinking. This question is not easy to answer.

The simplest solution would be to make a barn, maybe in a few different sizes, that can hold all materials, that usually are stored on stockpiles. This would tidy the place up and bring the stuff out of sight.

Could these simple mixed barns be improved somehow? Of cause, some buildings for special materials, with or without vendors could be possible. But here comes the complicated part. As I said, I very much liked the NMT stores with the 2 and 3 floor houses on top. But that was in easy times, with a few materials in one store and a few products in the other. You built one store where wood, stone, iron and coal were brought, located one or a few woodchopper and blacksmiths close. They put their products in the other store. Building material was also collected to the "center", where it could be used. With these chains of production, it's not that easy anymore.

Here I think, those of you, who have played this mod longer and also you who have more experience of playing CC, with all their production chains and some special stores, could add better arguments than I can. That's why I will move this discussion to your development thread, @RedKetchup and add a few more thought from myself.

I´ll show you some pictures and write a bit about my game later.

brads3

nah,i am not confused. it is crazy how we see things the same and agree yet different and disagree.or we see a situtaion as a issue yet have totally different ways and ideas on fixing it.we do that all the time.sometimes we are both right and sometimes both wrong.LOL.
     for example. you dislike the tower hunters cause players will use it to cheat.some will but most won't. why you want to take a toy away from all of us though?? you is just mean. in CC ,i have the fort and guard towers. those towers have no "work function" so nobody goes there.RED found a nice way to fix that. i agree that we shouldn't spam the map and use it as a cheat.they are a handy tool though.i  figure the hunter goes out and hunts away from the tower not just from it. you can hunt areas that can't be hunted normally. like the fodder and thatch meadows.around crop fields to keep deer and rabbits out. or as i have had to do before,on edges og the outer mountains of the map.this stretches the map some. it is understood the hunter climbs looking for mountain goats or goes past the mpa edge.
      that in no way is ment to be a complaint. i actually like what RED did. it sounds interesting and is a realistic change to the hunters.there will be times or places that tower hunters will be useful. we have options and can add the training fort mod.

i know you can't help it too. i had that yesterday looking at your fodder numbers. i understood your logic but disagreed  on how to fix it.RED and i have tossed ideas back and forth on that for a while. we disagree on some too. he is the modder so has copywrites. i can't argue with that at all.finding a good balance is never easy. they are always a juggle. it will take several tests and some loger tests as well.

NILLA,did you scroll over those different piles to see if they show what each is? we have 2 sets of different piles in CC. 1 normal and 1 invisible ground. they have a menu when you scroll over to say logs,stone,construction,firewood,etc. did you get confused by the icons or because you aren't used to them?
       another 1 where we agree but not. i never liked spamming piles all over the map. that is why i used SLINK's markets. we have TOM's,EB's, and RED's wharehouses plus KID's covers now.yet i seem to always want something different. most forests i am using NECORA's pine storage.the piles do serve a purpose. near a woodshopper,you can store logs  in 1 and firewood in another. or give the furnace a quick place to store or the sand pit.
       there is no easy fix to markets.a barn or market that stores everything doesn't work very well or not everywhere.EB's set and KID's shed sets help. hopefully,you come up with a different idea for them.

Nilla

I promised you some pictures earlier.

First picture

The gemcutter and the jeweler are lovely. Just a pity, that they can be used so little. They don't find many gems. And the cutter usually make the gem less valuable. But I guess it's some kind of gambling; If you're lucky he'll find a valuable diamond.

It would be nice, if there was some more buildings in this very pleasant style. Why not an inn. That would fit. I've never liked the look of the vanilla brewery. You're version of it, is slightly improved but a brewery looking like the gemcutter/jeweler, would be great!

Second picture

I have decided to buy and try every crop, I can get. I don't know if this was a very good idea. Palmtrees in the snow. They even harvest some coconuts.  :-\ Is it possible to make some "temperature tweaking", so that even if they can´t die, at least they will not produce anything in this climate?

Third picture

Isn't this a bug. I find this squash looks more like beetroots.

You can see that there are a lot of cake in my store. Economically it makes more sense to produce cake than bread, if you only want to feed your population. I also have a lot of honey, I want to "get rid" of in a way that make sense. Isn't the apiary, too productive? It's a small producer with no input. It produces 1100-1500 honey each year. Most of the time I looked, the beekeeper was a not very productive couple; he an uneducated nomad, she a 18 years younger local educated girl. She was miserable, ½ star, as they got married and he didn't make her any happier.

brads3

good job,NILLA. glad to see you test all crops.

adelegarland

@brads3 You requested a load order  - here it is.  So far, there are no obvious problems, no crashes or weirdness. I am about to pull out some of the resource adjusting mods (starred) and try it out again.  I'll try to play it out to 25 years or so.
Wish me luck!

2/8/2017 LOAD ORDER

RK EDITOR'S CHOICE
*STORAGE STASH
*SPECIALIZED STOCKPILES BY DELVER-EMB
FLAX PATCH
NEW PINE FLORA
PINE SET
NATURAL DIVERSITY 1.1
EB SV VANILLA MINE OVERRIDE
DS BLAST FURNACE
DS SMALL VILLAGE HOMES
DS JETTY & BRIDGE
DSSV STORAGE
DSSV WAGON VENDOR
DSSV PRODUCTION
DSSV SERVICES
DS SMALL TOWN HOME
KID AMONG TREES
DS ROASTED NUTS
KID MEDIEVAL GRACE
KID TREE DAYDREAM
KID FOREST OUTPOST V2 NAT DIV
KID FENCELESS PASTURES
KID WILD WEST
KID WIND SAWMILL
KID WORKPLACE
KID MARKET PUZZLE
KID TINY SEPARATE
KID ROWHOUSE HOUSING
KID ROWHOUSE BUSINESS
KID PLIMOTH PLANTATION
KID TEQUILLA MOD
KID VEG GARDEN
KID MISSION
KID TOOL EMPORIUM
KID PLIMOTH HARMONIZED
KID GOTHIC FARM
KID TWILIGHT HERBS
KID TEQUILA ADD ON
KID A LOT OF SEEDS TRADER
KID ABANDONED PLACES
KID ABBEY
KID ANIMAL SHED
KID BAKERY & GARDEN
KID BED AND BREAKFAST
KID COLONIAL HOUSING
KID COLONIAL RESOURCES
KID FOREST DEEP
KID FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD
KID MORE HOUSES DARK
KID HOUSE BOAT
KID GOTHIC FSNTASY
KID GRANNY PARK
KID HOUSES FOR SALE
KID MORE HOUSES DARK
PIGS CC MOD
DUCKS CC MOD
BISON CC MOD
MINI BUILDINGS
SAMPLE FIG TREE
SOYBEANS
RED COTTAGE
TJURKO MILL
*BETTER FIELDS RAGEINGNONSENSE
*MORE CLIMATES MOD ALEX HOCKLEY
REAL CALENDAR
SOUTH AFRICAN HOUSING
*INCREASED RESOURSES COMBINED MINRATHOUS
PICK ME UP
UNLIMITED MINES AND QUARRIES
NECORA AN EMPTY SQUARE
CRYSTAL CLIFFS
MARITIMES COVERINGS
MARITIMES DECORATIONS
MARITIMES DOCK SET
MARITIMES HUMBLE CONSTRUCTION
MARITIMES LOG CABINS
MARITIMES PEI SHORE
MARITIMES STORAGE COLLECTION
NS INSHORE FISHERIES
PORT ROYAL
SHERBROOKE VILLAGE
RED TRAINING CAMP MAIN
LEGHORN
HUNTING UNLIMITED
SAWMILL RAGEINGNONSENSE
*INTENSIFIED FISHING DOCK DIO JODIANTO
WOODCUTTER +3 DAVIDEM
STONE BRIDGE MR FLOPSIE
NORDIC WAREHOUSE
POTATO ALE
SETTLER'S TENTS
SLINK'S HOGS
SOPIARY
HORSES CC
IZBA
LLAMAS CC
*MORE STABLE POPULATIONS
NORDIC HOUSES
FLATTEN TERRAIN TOOL
FAST ROAD MOD TEST
ENHANCED HERBALIST
EB TOMBSTONE OVERRIDE
HUNTING AND GATHERING
DEER LIVESTOCK
BANISHED UI MOD
DS ROADS
CREEPY CEMETERY
CC TERRAIN TOOLS
STEPH'S GRAIN SILO
MOUNTAINLESS MINES AND QUARRIES
BRAD'S SMOKING SHED
BETTER SCHOOLS
BEEF TOMATO
BIGGER WHEELBARROWS
BOSTON HOUSE
COLORFUL LITTLE HOUSES
COUNTRY HOUSE
I SEE FIRE
KETCHUP
OLD BLACKSMITH
OLD HUNTER
OLD TAILOR
TINY SMALL BARNS
TRAINING CAMP DECO
TRAINING CAMP STORAGE
WAREHOUSE INC
WOODEN BUTCHER
CC DOCK SET
SMALL TIPI
BUSY LABORERS
CARROTS
BRUSSELS SPROUTS
DS CELTIC HOUSE AND VILLAGE
DS HARBOROUGH SCHOOL
DS STORAGE
KID STONE HOUSE ADDDON
KID MOUNTAIN MANSION
DS TUNNELS
DS PICK AND HEN
KID TANGERINE
EB VILLAGE
EB VILLAGE HOUSING SET
EB MARKET SET
EB SMALL VILLAGE
EB STORAGE SET
EB CHURCH
EB PRODUCTION SET 1
EB PRODUCTION SET 2
EB MATERIALS STORE
EB FARM AND LOG HOUSES
EB DECO
EB GRAPE
REINDEER HIDES
DS BRIDGE CROSSING
DS BRYCE BUTCHER
DS CREST BLACKSMITH
DS LUMBER MILL
DS STONE BRIDGE
DS STONE HOVELS
DS TOWNHOUSES
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Nilla

OMG! @brads3 you´ve found your equal!  ;D

I play one mod only!  ;D

Turis

How long does the game take to load up when you start it?

I love mean women as much as I love to fight.  ;)

adelegarland

update - Hot News! Storage stash WORKS!   Must be at the top of the load order as in my load order and used with Delver's Specialized stockpiles.  I tested with the wood/logs resource and with plain rk's wood only stock pile was getting appx 22 units per each tile of space.  With the Stash and Delver's stockpiles i got 144 units.  Can I get a Hallelujah?  Finally got that question answered!

And there are only 162 mods, I cut it back from over 200! LOL
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.