News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

STUPER TEST: Swedes

Started by brads3, March 03, 2018, 12:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

what would you like me to find or figure out next?the hard part is remembering which mod does what. if you have 5 blacksmiths some will and some won't do stone tools.same with mills and grains or bakeries.

Tom Sawyer

I have a feeling that you make your game harder by mods which are actually added to make it easier @brads3. For example the more wood mod. It sets the output of trees to 3 - 4 logs as far as I know but in the North it's 6 logs from a tree. Same with ore and probably many more issues. Other mods are not necessary in this combination or even removing parts of the environment like Lighter Rain which is not lighter than nordic rain but probably taking away the thunder sound. Also SeasonFX which removes nordic sunlight effects with long shadows and such but that might be a matter of taste. It's funny to mix it and to look what happens but actually it brings not much useful knowledge.

If you ask what would be nice to figure out next, I would like to see a pure nordic map with your opinion and suggestions or a more controlled test of combined mods to extend the compatibility list. I also think that for Red's beta progress it would be more helpful to see his collection played for its own, not confused by all the nordic changes. He already hates my mod for this.^^

brads3

i agree with most of that. i am glad NILLA and others do pure tests. it is needed to work bugs out. this way does bring its own challenges. since you changed log outputs,i wonder if the more wood might not even be working at all. i do kow i have struggled to keep stones. i left both the more stone and more logs enabled by accident.they really arent needed with so many trees and less meadows.
     most of RED's buildings are here. there are stone and wood start houses and many barns.there is tons under his community bar. he don't like either of us cause i turned on the nat div mod.it brings different food plants and the meadows. i think without it there s more stones and trees even before i added the north.
    the seasonFX gives the plowed field look to crops. otherwise i dont think it is doing anything.it is overrode a few ways.
    i like a lot that all the modders have done. i think it is interesting to see how the mods interact and work together. many of your buildings look like they was made with the thatch even though they aren't.they mix well with KID's FO mod and NECORA's pine mod.you have added lots of challenges with changes too.i am still trying to get clothing stablized.there is so much in here it will take several maps. i will have to try 1 with just the north.
    i already am missing a lot since i took CC out. no wildlife animals to place. no small general market to move items.no carts.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 07, 2018, 02:12:47 PM
He already hates my mod for this.^^

^^ it is not your mod itself i hate, i hate the fact my things dont appear normally and i hate to do things to counter your counter measures ^^

and also i cant call the template entirely, if i do so, other mods that add an upgrade button of certain things (like CC added new upgrade to certain buildings) so i am obligated to call only just the parts i am modifying like the model/highlight/map/work(sometimes) and not call the UI so i can let others to call an UpgradeUI function.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Tom Sawyer

That's why I said to not try to stay compatible with other main mods. CC and North change almost everything and you too in your new edition. So you are going crazy and it kills your time when trying to fix and overwrite all the overwrites from the others. Or it kills your creativity if you try to solve it by copying code to be equal in flags and values. I even don't think that many players try to play these main mods together. Brad is an exception in any case.^^

Turis

Yeah,  that's right. Also I think Brads is an alien learning skills and abilities to bring to his own planet so he's proclaimed a hero. :D

kid1293

@brads3 - I lurk in the background and hear things.
Right now I have trouble uploading to download section. (don't know why)

I will try to attach an updated Animal Shed with a Sheep Shed added here.

Finally I managed to upload it. It is in download now.
LINK

Three sheep. I guess they are naked after a year :)

@Abandoned asked for it earlier and now you wanted wool. Be happy.

Turis

Downloaded it... very interesting, @kid1293 !

brads3

that was quick. i should have asked for more or been more careful how i worded it.like said wool plus pigs or something.options is good.  i didn't expect the barn change.i figured you would swap the cow for a sheep and or the chickens for pigs.not complaining though.players get bored setting all the same building,so it is good to have a variety.based on this map i am sure other players will find sheep very helpful.some maps makes it harder to locate a hunter and forest near by. thank you,KID. that will be a handy option.

@Turis no i don't want to be a hero. i just like being different.plus i try to give new players looks at different mods and how they can work together. i doubt many will try to put so many mods together especially the big 2.

brads3

YEAR 18-19

with everyone busy and the town stable,i want to build a bridge over the main river.that will give access to a huge mountian to mine.i like doing these little projects early on.like the fort walls,clearing the main fort area,extending roads. it keeps the bannies busy while materials and food are building up.as time goes on nomads arrive in larger groups.this way i am ahead and can quickly send a group across the bridge to build some housing and a mine or quarry.anything i can do now,means they will be faster later.

hopefully i don't confuse you all by jumping around.there is a plan.as tyhe need for food goes up i plan farms along the road past the animal shed.the fort will take a lot of workers but also different items.i plan to stock some of those items over time. it will need silver and coal,hence the need for mines.a marble quarry will give me a good trade good to gain some other seeds as well.the fort,mines, or any production area will eat a lot of food. here the issue may be trying to keep them all clothed.that will require some forests to hunt and trap.also planned over te main river.as the population grows i will try to build food. as nomads arrive i want to expand areas. that is if the bannies work with me.

i send the laborers to build 2 storages. the CC magaizne should store all items.it will look good in the fort and is a safety.a log depot will give more log storage and center them to the front of the fort.
     to increase the flour,i add a barley field and KID's workplace grinder.the barley will split between the grinder and DA stable.in order to bake bread,i do need more milk.

pic 1:dock bridge
pic 2:fort magazine storage
pic 3: log depot hiden by the FO cabin.

brads3

YEAR 20

POPULATION 56 with 18 children in 15 houses.no education.we are stockpiling materials as we grow and expand.

i am used to sending bannies to school til 16yrs old. with the education changes from the NORTH mod i have workers for 6 years living with parents.i don't want to move them as singles so they become laborers for now.they do keep busy clearing land and finding stone.

a RH hospital can check over the new comers to help avoid diseases.it is completed just in time for 7 new citizens.they move in the barracks and start building a quartermaster to bring military supplies.
   the bannies continue clearing and add a sawmill.with so many logs we can cut now to trade lumber.

pic 1: stats,
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: food graph
pic 5:KID's sawmill
pic 6 fort quartermaster to bring military supplies.

brads3

YEAR 21

the bannies have searched farther and farther for stone.a tiny quarry will be built to dredge stone from the lake.a placer mine will work the river.it takes him a while but he does find silver not silver ore.
    a bakery is built but it will not make hardtack.it can make bread with just flour though.the RH blacksmith can't make muskets without furnace fuel. it is set to rough tools,those will be handy for mine workers.

TOM did sa by playing this way i probaby have more errors than i see even.let me expand on why i put these mods together. NECORA's pine mod and other sets bring a universal storage barn,different forest buildings including the pine hospital.it also brings a gathering ability where the bannie laborers don't waste as much food when they clear land.they will gather eggs from bird nests or pelts from the beaver lodges.the nat div mod brings a different texture grass than RED's mod plus different texture to the plants.it also creates meadows where RED's mod mixes fodder and trees togerher.RED's choice brings a variety of orchards and seeds along with some production chains and food processors.it is smaller than CC.the NORTH has a unique trader system.the weathered look and style of some of the buildings fits the colonial settlement villages.each brings its own look but also unique ideas that affect the gameplay itself.each also have their own challenges.
     there is give and take. some things won't work ,others might just work differently.i expect that.i keep some notes and some i might be able to fix with mod order.i am curius to see how this works out with the 2 big mods added together.

pic 1: placer mine,
pic 2 bakery and mini stone quarry,

brads3

YEAR 22

the fort blacksmith can make muskets and cannons.now i will build a trading post.the RH seed trader was built but won't move the domestic animals or lumber. it is a 1.06 mod. then the laborers can start the south fort wall.

i seem to be behind. this game has played slower. the bannies move at the same speed, but for some reason the calender in months seems to move slower than the other way. can't explain why, but i think i should have accomplished more for the number of years.

i finally had a fatal error. the main trading post looks like RED's but due to mod order has conflicts.after being placed i get an error when i try to click on it.normal considering the setup i am running.not a game breaker though. i do have the CC dock trading post that should trade everything as well as KID's general trading post.

i did place and click on the other trading posts. no more fatal errors.

pic 1: fort blacksmith
pic 2:  RH seed trader
pic 3: poutput #'s for the thatch meadow workers.herb limit has been reached.

brads3

YEAR 23-25

there is enough iron,so the worker goes to supply the seed trading post.he stocks logs and smoked meat.now that i have cannons,i can finish off the star fort corners.i add the smelter to make silver pfenning and the dock trading post to ship the lumber.
    since the merchant didn't want the meat,we send it to the dock post. stone and rough tools are stocked at the seed trader.
     the smelter from the myprecious mod is broken. the silver is picked up but won't store as silver ore.it does the same with gold.zthe blockhouse will have to supply enough pfenning.i also find i have a statue carver, but am missing the statues. i have RED's decoration set but the statues don't require the carver.evidently the statue plus mod needs CC to function.it isn't showing a conflict even.
    it takes so many logs to build the fort walls,that i run short.the bannies recover quickly working though the winter.

I add a musket range and the pilgrim's rest.it will make ale from pears for now.this tavern can make rootbeer as well.there is another field cleared and storage built.

pic 1:root seed trade.
pic 2:my precious smelter. needs ores so fails tests.
pic 3: blockhouse that will give silver pfenning
pic 4:south fort wall.
pic 5:pilgrim's rest.

brads3

YEAR 26-28

in june, 21 settler's were sent from the landing fort.now i can start building some mines.a precious mine will test the silver ore further.a salt mine will allow us to salt fish.i then tried to add TOMs mine. after terraforming and several reload and attempts, i quit.it looks  wrong, after flattening and trying to set any mine. finally give up and get a multi-mine to work.this will give coal,iron,and stone.
       finally, i am able to add a storage barn for mixed materials.a RH market will bring keep the workers supplied.the tiny townhall will work as an office.
     a fodder meadow is started south of the lake to cut trees and begin planting.a family will move south of the fort to start greenhouses.,more food will be needed with the growing population.while the fodder is planted,a KID's greenhouse and a hot house are built

pic 1: my precious,salt,and multi-mine,
pic 2: tiny TH,
pic 3: fodder meadow
pic 4: KID's hothouse and 7x greenhouse.