Main Menu

Tanypredator - Wild grouses

Started by tanypredator, March 09, 2018, 09:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

tanypredator

Hello! I should note that I'm still not sure about numbers: I tried to increase size of grid, as you advised, but when I set "int _largeCellSize = 80" instead of 64, there were almost no birds.

In the next version I want to add feathers to make warm clothes.

RedKetchup

note you only adding +1 wild....

i noted with my setup, adding 6-8 new one, i had to do something ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Tom Sawyer

The large cell size defines a territory, where one group of animals is working around from a small cell to another. So increasing it will make them more rare. :)

tanypredator

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 09, 2018, 11:44:51 AM
The large cell size defines a territory, where one group of animals is working around from a small cell to another. So increasing it will make them more rare. :)

Thanks! And what will be changed with the increase of small cell? They will change small cells inside a large cell more rarely?

Tom Sawyer

The small cellsize defines a grid of usable areas inside the territories. Increasing it would only make it inflexible for the animals because a complete cell is unavailable as soon as it is somehow cut by mountains, water or buildings. I think it's good to keep 8 tiles or rather to make it smaller. Then your chickens would be even less sensitive to human activity.

kid1293

@tanypredator

Nice you are back and thanks for grouses!
The mod works fine. It is balanced, at least with my setup and
it adds a nice feeling to the forest.

tanypredator

Hello, @kid1293! Thanks ) One funny thing I've just noted is that one hunter in your small Forest Outpost set has the same or almost the same yield as 2 vanilla hunters! Probably a smaller radius makes it more effective.

kid1293

Hi!
It does not always have to do with how many hunters.
If it it is a bad spot it does not matter if you have three.
But yes - smaller radius - less time walking. :)

kid1293

I notice that some years there are a lot of grouses and some years a lot of deer.
It shows in output from hunter. But I find it only natural and maybe it will be even
in the long run.

Do you plan for more things in the forest?

:)

tanypredator

Quote from: kid1293 on March 17, 2018, 02:26:39 AM
Do you plan for more things in the forest?

Just a little bit, but I'm not sure, how soon. I've already started to work on a down from grouses, also I want to make some new mushrooms meshes to suggest to @Bartender (hope he will get back) - champignons and honey fungus on a tree stump, because I don't like that gigantic mushrooms we have now. And I want to make some big bush, mountain ash probably.

kid1293

Be careful with the down. It can be too much if there is no production chain.
What will the purpose be to have down?

tanypredator

Quote from: kid1293 on March 17, 2018, 03:43:49 AM
Be careful with the down. It can be too much if there is no production chain.
What will the purpose be to have down?

To make warm clothes, down jacket. I'll have to make a standalone version with leather+down recipe, and my idea is flax+down recipe.

kid1293

Flax+down! Great!

I wish there was a way to make wild flax more compatible. It is the numbers that is the problem?