News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

STUPER TEST: Kooski

Started by brads3, March 19, 2018, 06:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

i upgraded the RK CHOICE and i ran tests for a few days.then decided to keep going with SWEDES. it reloaded and would play but the save icon was different. to me that means there is a conflict that will cause an error sooner or later.hence i had to start a new map.
            some mod order adjustments,upgraded RK CHOICE and KID's animal shed.RK above NORTH.this gives more start terrain options and the larger map without the CC terrains mod.

KOOSKI,4416739,valley,very large,fair climate and medium start conditions,disasters off. it will be interesting to see how much the NORTH affects climate or crop growth with it lower in the mod order.starts with only wheat.RED also gave me some iron.these bannies are educated.

these bannies will have to work hard. the min river doesn't connect to the lake.a canal will be needed.

1 reason for the switch was i like this grass terrain. it is a mix of light and dark grass patches.lot more variation to it than the plain verdant color.the deer are reindeer and i have seen no grouse or other animals.the laborers still won't harvest pine food items using any remove food tools.herb tool does not highlight ND herbs either.the crops make up for some of this since the wheat produces 700 on 10x10 fields.

KID's nomad well brought a pair a year after it was built.it sends 3 more the 3rd year.a school and a multi-quarry are already being built.the quarry will provide the stone and iron for the canal.in year 4,the 3rd wheat field is plowed and 2nd animal shed is built to provide milk and eggs.a forester is started to keep the village woodcutter supplied.the well brings 2 more nomads.it is very consistent,bringing nomads every may.i hope it continues bringing small groups.once the village stable,the laborers can start digging the canal.

pic 1:map start
pic 2:start village set
pic 3:huge multi-quarry and school
pic 4: yr 4 progress and inventory

brads3

YEAR 5-10

now the bannies can start digging the canal.an 8x classic stone gate at the lake and work east to the main river.the new nomad pair  builds a lighthouse to alert boats of the shallow water near the mouth of the small stream. in winter,they drop back to gather food and herbs.they collect stones from the forest to allow more foods to grow for the gatherer.
      once we got to the trade center,a raw material and building material markets were built. this should give us enough storage room to clear more land.now a CC grape orchard forester can be added along the road to the village.this will give us fruit.the gathering isn't strong enough even with laborers in the fall.a cemetary and hospital is added to the village to help our health.

by the 10th yr,the poor bannies have worked hard. they have half the canal dug.the nomad well brings nomads every may.the largest group is 6.hence,each year more food had to be collected and houses built.with so many nomads our education level is very low.we struggle but survive.half the citizens are working to produce food.the last winter was hard and long. you can see by the time snow melted it is mid april.

pic 1: food outputs
pic 2: lighthouse west end of canal
pic 3: yr 10 stats
pic 4: production
pic 5: inventory
pic 6 citizen graph,improved health dropped education.

Nilla

Oh,oh, it seems you were too busy building the nice canal and not producing food!  ??? How will this end?

brads3

yep,the food problem has a couple causes.education level dropped due to this nomad well sending nomads every year.if i knew it was so good,i would have waited and built it to bring nomads more in the fall than may. the foods of the pine and nat div mods have issues.when the laborers scavnge food they aren't picking them up.my mod order has brought a different challenge.i have tried a couple gatherers the last 2 games to find 1 that is better.also adjusted mod order on some but little affects.and all i have is wheat.no orchard seeds at start.
     the bannies work hard. i could "cheat" but chose not to. RED sent the merchant over dry land to the trade post,but i won't stock it til the canal connects to the main river.since we needed fruit,i can't build much near those forests. the canal started fast,but construction has slowed.

Nilla

Well, I'm pretty sure Red is totally innocent in this case. Don't you know that the merchants also use the streams? If the stream isn't all too tiny at the beginning, you can put trading ports on lakes connected to the river over a stream. Like any other lake trading port sometimes a bug occurs and the merchant doesn't stop, but that's quite rare. I once put 68 trading port on one map, some of them were even on the stream, others on lakes connected to the river over a small stream. I've also seen, that merchants take a shortcut on a stream, to get faster to the end of the river.

brads3

until now i never have luck with that.i have had to use lighthouses and other trade posts to pull merchants across lakes even.they would travel a straighter route from the river thru the lake and out the other side without sailing over to 1 side or other without more incentive.here the trade post is getting used earlier.

RedKetchup

hehe

i didnt do anything to merchants ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

anything goes wrong we blame the crazy guy that did the mod order.

brads3

YEAR 10-13

until we get the food up or finish the canal,we stop taking nomad helpers.even the quick hunter got hungry enough, he is now picking onions.Necora's gathering system has mixed effects.the gatherers are finding food earlier than with the North mod above the RK.output has increased slightly.pine and ND items are still being left.though it is hit and miss.fiddleheads from the pine mod, bird nests,and herbs from the ND mod are not gathered.yet the forester has cleared beaver lodges for pelts.it is strange how the mods are affecting each other.

the merchant can travel the small stream. it is deep enough for his boat.the trade post can be stocked with wool,coal,iron,and some wool coats.not enough for seeds but will help our food.hopefully the merchants bring some,that is.
    our gatherer died of a weak heart in year 11.none have starved.
     4 nomads showed up in may year 12.food production shows +2000.they can stay. 1 goes fishing at the new east canal fishing dock.a new house and barn should make the far field more productive as well.our trades have brought in 1450 food so far.

pic 1: merchant did find his way up the small stream.
pic 2: east field and storage.
pic 3:  canal progress.

brads3

YEAR 13-15

I stopped this in late may.captain KIDD sent 12 more workers to settle near the canal.guess he wants them to start processing items and shipping lumber. with the food at 2800,i do wish he had waited til the canal was finished at least.
keeping them fed will be a challenge.many slept on the floor and we had a flu outbreak.we did manage our food and firewood well.the merchant brought another 300 food,sugar cookies and maple sap.2 more fields of wheat are ready for planting.
     in spring,we can start planting the apple-chesnut forest along the main river.in may before everyone has housing,captain kidd sends 10 more nomad settlers.don't care where they go but they got sent away.they were not ready to head back to the landing fort. they were afraid the crazy captain would hang them and their families.

thatch, with this mod order, works as thatch or fodder.it is not overpowered at all.the laborers have to work to have enough for construction.it got used as the foresters cleared it.houses will burn it and some buildings require it for construction.regrowth is slow of thatch or trees.some places do grow back faster than others.strange as it is,bushes,thatch,and trees don't regrow much where the bannies walk near the village or buildings.as GRANNY would say it plays realistic.a fodder hut would boost it for a stables and would grow fodder and flowers.a thatch hut would grow thatch.a stables would use both for feed. granted with my crazy setup the outputs might be different than just the RK EC,but i do think RED's mod is affecting the outputs.there does seem to be less thatch than with just the ND mod.
      by no means is any of that a request to change any mods. it is purely observation and facts.as i said before there is give an take to playing this way.it actually makes it more challenging. the laborers are busier trying to find food.that is realistic though.i try to work with the terrain and whatever the map gives me.this map had a good start point and made sence to run the canal back to the main river.realistically,the bannies being new to this land wouldn't know what plants they could eat or would find available. people would learn that over time.this plays that way.

finally, the fort sent sugarbeet seeds.a 3rd of our wool got shipped back to them.it will be good to have something other than wheat next year.

i had hoped to finish the canal by now.slowed down due to needing houses a and stone shortage.the gatherers have helped improve the food.the educated children living at home in the village has improoved the field outputs.once the canal is finished,i need to regoup.more land to clear and houses to build.

pic 1: apple-chesnut forest.
pic 2: gatherer outputs have improved.
pic 3: production
pic 4: inventory,from south of the grape forester.
pic 5: 10yr food graph

Gatherer

You don't have to accept every nomad group lol.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

I haven't. KIDD's well is consitant and powerful. i think i found a weird glitch i didn't see before.sent the workers to gather thatch. got logs all over.no wonder they seem slow,logs be heavier than thatch. oops LOL. wasn't like that in testing,musta happened when i enabled the North.

brads3

how come inspector gadget @Gatherer  shows up now? he must work for the government. the bannies have been busy making wider roads and fences. they even made 1 to keep you from falling in the canal.probably not OSHA approved. ::)

i have a weird glitch. just to show new players how mods can be funny or what can happen when you add them. i said there is "give and take". sometimes we can find it and sometimes .....oops. the gremlins will jump out and grab you at will.
        i quick debug tested this setup and then enabled the North.in testing thatch is fodder but can be burned and is used in some construction.it is and clears as thatch. or umm did. it is also used as fodder and can be fed to the stables.the fodder hut planted normal fodder and flowers.
     today,the workers have been busy but taking longer than exected to catch up.think i found out why.the thatch, cleared using the clear thatch toolbar button, is clearing as logs. they are much heavier so therefore will move much slower.up til now there has been thatch cleared as the workers cleared to dig the canal. the foresters and other workers are reading thatch also.
   no @Denis de la Rive , i in no way expect anyone to fix it. it is a funny glitch.ask NILLA or Granny.i will have to investigate more. maybe i can fix it with mod order ,maybe it is just the clear thatch button. i wonder if the modders left me more traps.LOL

pic 1: gatherers fence so he doesn't get wet.
pic 2: yes, inspector we keep the kids safe from the quarry.
pic 3: note all these white logs where thatch has been cleared.

Denis de la Rive

This must be a transporter accident, I'm from the Terran Empire universe.

brads3