News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

STUPER TEST: Kooski

Started by brads3, March 19, 2018, 06:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 34-36

A 2nd dairy pasture was started and a merchant brought more cows.to c,we need more thatch.a thatch meadow is built between the center lakes.soon we should havfor a creamery.
      to help supply logs to the mills,a vanilla pine forestor is build.an RK hunter cabin,pine trapper,gather,and more coloful cabins will keep the area fed.
        this goes slow due to a tool shortage.we are burning firewood fast and low on stone and iron ore.we have been using  the stone up with buildings.even with 3 blacksmiths putting out 3 different tool types,we fell behind.the smiths worked hard as the laborers gathered materials.there is 15 workers searching for tools continually for the year.a mini workshop is set at the forest mills to make stone tools.2 more workers are sent to the multi mine.more land is cleared to build our log reserves.

pic 1: new dairy pasture
pic 2: thatch hut
pic 3:trade values of diamond,gold ore,and silver necklace
pic 4 trade values of silver pgenning,gold bracelets,turquoise rings

brads3

YEAR 37-38

while we wait for the blacksmiths to get more tools made,we clear land for fields.this will get the log count up for the wood choppers and give more food.onion,carrots,and cucumbers can be planted.with some trades,tool count picks up but in the process firewood drops.

in spring of year 38,setup for a fodder meadow starts west of the FO forest.while the workers clear and plant,there will be extra logs and stone.we add a blackberry orchard.it appears unaffected by the forget orchard mod.it will just take a few years to produce.another RH blacksmith is built for the quarry village make rough tools.

marble appears to be tagging as textiles.it shows mineral but textile limit is 4500 and keeps getting hit.this slows down the trappers.trading will be increased to ship more marble.this will increase our food,firewood,and tool counts over time.
        we recover nicely but progress is slow.

pic 1:blackberry orchard
pic 2:fodder hut
pic 3:marble quarry flag minerals but uses textiles.

brads3

YEAR 38-39

i want to build and test the salthouses again.not sure why they didn't work and the EB tannery does.a creamery can be added as well.still can not store salt.EB mod is way low in order and should have no affect nor should it work.could it be the bakery plus mod?
       more storages are added.a garden sorter and 4 fields are cleared for next spring.we took 11,000 food in 1 trade with the marble.

there are a couple issues that require some mod order tweaking.i can move the CC add-ons lower.try dropping the marble mod but leave the precious above RK.with TOM's tannery, i can move the hunter mods back down. there are a couple to be removed; the 1.06 DS cart has issues with flour and sap and 2 pile mods.really isn't many conflicts that can't be overcome with the mod order.definetly like to solve the salt issue and be able to salt the fish.

pic 1:salt houses and creamery
pic 2:bakery plus code, on further testing this and the baker and miller mods were causing the conflicts
pic 3:veggy fields

brads3

YEAR 40 review

population 315,in 83 houses.61% educated.we adapted to the climate.nomads haven't been accepted in many years. they now come with large groups of 45-50.more than there is boardinghouse space.the tool count is recovering.our trading has been increased.

i did have plans to test the brickmakers and also expand north of the canal.the shortages have slowed expansion down.there is much more to test. the pine mod charcoal,the wineries,as well as the fodder system.
        the precious mine functions.i do wish there was an iron ore mine.the sand produces at 4 times as fast as the clay.there is already 505 glass and 56 glassware made.the cider and rootbeer are not affected by the north mod.ale is used by houses.it might be interesting to see if wine is wine or juice here.the mod order adjustments helped solve some issues but had no affect on others.i do think mod order will solve most issues.the only 1 i dont see a fix to is the items conflicts causing them  not to be collected from all gatherers or the clear buttons.that makes the games more challenging.
the climate can be adjusted. i actually perfer the north climates though the mild would be better.trade has some oddities. there are crops now and then with lower prices.most prices seem consistent.still wondering if TOM's trade system is working or what affects it has.

pic 1: year 40 stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: 25yr food graph
pic 5: 10yr tool graph

RedKetchup

know what ? i like alot this crop texture
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

do you mean the field texture? that is from the seasonFX mod.

Nilla

I find that good, too.

I have a similar graph like you have for your tools. Uneducated are terrible blacksmiths! I don't know what recipes you´re using, the uneducated penalty in the North isn't quite as bad (even if it's cheaper to buy tools than the ingredients to produce them, there, too). If I calculate the numbers from Red about 1/5 of the amount is produced from the same number of people, if they are educated! Something to think about, when you take all your nomads! :)

brads3

this was mosre to do with lack of materials. i had 1 to stone,1 to rough tools,and 1 to iron. we used stone as fast as we found it and then the charcoal and lumber got the logs behind also.more blacksmiths and some adjustments did help. takes time to recover even with trading.

Nilla

I was thinking about these cheaper tools in my settlement, too but decided to go for iron tools/no tools. I haven't calculated so I have no proofs, but when I tried these cheap tools to get out of trouble, they wore out so fast, that the troubles got worse. But maybe when there's many uneducated, it works better; not so much expensive material destroyed.

Abandoned

:) Hi @brads3 interesting experiment.  I saw some buildings for the first time that I have yet to try and first time I ever saw white logs.  ;D  And still learning something new, didn't know river boat trader would us a stream, must keep that in mine.  Good luck with this test.

brads3

i wonder if because of problems with bridges ,that we assumed they wouldn't use the streams. it is risky.