News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread

Started by embx61, June 04, 2018, 05:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

looking at this picture...

i am wondering in real life ... is the bradenburger is more big than the white house ?
how big are your doors ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Tom Sawyer

The Brandenburg Gate is 65 m in width = about 40 game tiles and the White House is 51 m long = about 30 game tiles, if you make it in real proportions. To have it smaller in game can make sense of course.

I also agree that there is no need of a real function except of happiness and to let the bannies idle there. Immigration is not so fitting like for the Liberty Statue in my opinion. It even can become annoying in late game with too many nomad attractors. In real life, the Tor also does not have any practical function. It was build as a triumph gate and prestige building to show the power of Prussia or so. As a symbol of peace I'm not so sure with the Victory Goddess on top.^^ Of course, today it's a symbol of freedom and unity. So it would be right if the model in Banished is such a prestige building or monument too.. a classical achievement thing where we often talked about and the function is to just have it. I would give reasonable high building costs, without a cheap version. It would support the idea of an achievement. :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 17, 2018, 01:16:02 AM
The Brandenburg Gate is 65 m in width = about 40 game tiles and the White House is 51 m long = about 30 game tiles, if you make it in real proportions. To have it smaller in game can make sense of course.

ok, good. this is why i am asking... i never seen neither those buildings in real life. and i only know Brandenburg Gate cause Civ V has it as wonder ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

I looked at a few pictures of the Tor and see people in front of it to gave me the estimated size.
As Tom says, it seems mine is about a 1/4 smaller then the real one.  ??? 30 tiles width instead of 40 but it is big enough as it is if I compare it to the white house on the picture from Kimbolton.

The doors of the Tor are big, not regular sized doors but more like three people lenght.

Either this mod, Cristo Redentor, Monument Founding Father, Statue of Liberty need to be highest of my mods in the mod list or the toolbar will not show up properly.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

embx61

Speaking of Wonders.
Almost a whopping 5.5 Million poly.  ???
The Forum Romanum of the Roman Empire in it's glory days :)

No, I am not going to recreate this but I see enough parts in this mesh what can be of some sort of use for Banished.
Statues, Columns, A arch, Temples, and lots of other stuff which are separately okay poly wise or just need a bit of cleanup to be useful.

But first I am working on a fountain. Still have to finish the pottery chain and a small fish cart.
With so many beautiful buildings like the Tor and now the Forum Romanum, and many others I found on sketchup site I get easily side tracked :)

embx61

galensgranny

That is some wonderfully fancy fountain!  It would be good near the other fancy, large "wonder" buildings.  I will need to make a wealthy section, with some of the large fancy houses others have made.

taniu

@embx61 ;DI congratulate you on your promotion - you ve got it - you're a great architect WOW! fountain - is wonderful - I like the pyramids - everything that is related to Egypt - I have a question if you can still do this fountain - only - a woman with a jug and a small pool or other small fountains, like small monuments - ghosts? Is it possible to make a fountain at the top for the water to fly down - as it is in mod @ kid1293? I mean something like a screen plan - it's just an idea . Greetings

embx61

I've got a promotion? Shall check my bank account as I hope some money came with the promotion :)

I am working on some water flow in some fountains but have to see how it turns out in the game. I am going to make a fountain set. 4 fountains will be in the first release and maybe add some more later. from about 2x2 to about 6x6 tiles fountains.

So much to so, so less time. Fountains, pottery chain, fish cart, Arc the Triumph landmark, found some more statues I like to add to the latest statue set, maybe some aqua ducts, and...... tell that some later if I get a proto type in the game.  :P    :D

Then have to finish the memorial mod for my beloved wife. Have to be done before the 27th as that is her birthday.  :'(
So busy times ahead.

taniu

@embx61 ;D I am very happy - I support you with all my heart - I think that you will succeed in everything you have - thank you and good luck . Banished enthusiast .Cheers!

embx61

Still as lot of texturing to do and cleanup some stuff.
I work on 5 to 6 mods together on and off so I not burn out by working on the same kind of stuff all the time.
Some spoilers :)

Fountain Set

Arc 'de Triomph

After the beach the bannies get a swimming pool. Decorations added from the Deco resort set and Deco walls.

galensgranny

A swimming pool!  Yay!!!  I was wanting that in the game.  This is great!   :)

Those fountains look real nice, and the other buildings.  But the pool is the best!!

embx61

Was a busy day and made some good progress on several mods.

Had to raise the floor of the swimming pool a bit as the kids were going head under. so the kids are about shoulder height in the water and adults about their waste.
Two fountains finished and got the running water flowing worked out so implement it in 1 more fountain.

Searched and found some textures for the statues of the Arc de Triomph.

The pool has three water falls with flowing water. It is because of the size quite subtle but still visible.

taniu

@embx61 : WoW ! Beautiful and poignant altar in memory of your wife .  Fantastic fountains - can you find fountains from a seal or Neptune? - I would like to put a fountain near a beautiful beach -  swimming pool - it is fantastic there is even a waterfall .You are a great moderator. Cheers

embx61

Thanks @taniu
Creating the Memorial of Kathy was something very special to do.
I incorporated some stuff she loved like books, candles, roses.

I have found a dolphin to be placed on a fountain.

The pool is almost finished and will be released in a hour or 2.