News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MD - Old Courthouse

Started by Maldrick, December 18, 2018, 12:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angainor88

These buildings look so nice! You did a really good job with the textures.

Also, aside to Hawk, I love The Long Dark too! Are you excited for the story mode redux?

Maldrick

@angainor88 Thank you!  Finally wrapped my brain around multi-materials and it just clicked.

@Hawk All great games! Have them but have yet to sink in to any of them very far because I'm forever going back and forth between Banished and 7 Days to Die.  If you like survival games, I highly recommend 7 days, by the way.  Might have to give The Long Dark a serious look before too long.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

angainor88

I don't want to derail the thread into survival games, but...   :P

I really love them! Unfortunately I can't handle scary games, and a lot of survival stuff is also survival/horror :( I will look into 7 days though!

The Long Dark though is seriously my favorite survival game. It is beautifully atmospheric, and the struggle for survival is against nature (the elements, starvation, those damn wolves!) rather than zombies. I can't give it a high enough recommendation. (and they just re-released the first two chapters of the story, with the third chapter to come sometime early next year).

I guess I should make a post in the other games thread sometime :P

elemental

Just to derail this a tiny bit further, I saw Keralis playing Dawn of Man on Youtube. It's basically stone age Banished. Some people here might be interested in taking a look.

Maldrick

No worries...doesn't bother me if the mods are okay with it.

@angainor88 I definitely need to give TLD some serious play.  I always wind up back in 7 Days, though, because it's as much a resource management / building game as survival.  Some have called it "Minecraft for adults."  Whole world is voxelized and with some notable exceptions everything can be destroyed and you can build whatever you want wherever you want if you have the resources for it.  Yet, it doesn't look like any other voxel game and the world is very realistic and natural looking.  It's also a total sandbox...You start with a can of food, bottle of water, and a bandage...the unexplored world is your oyster and a horde of zombies is coming after you every 7 days.  Which necessitates base building on top of surviving.  I'm specifically not into zombie or horror games, myself, but took a chance with this and just love it.  The zombies arent that scary, just when there are lots of them like lots of anything would be.  Oddly, packs of dogs and single bears are the worst.  I find the game scratches the same itch as Banished even though it's an entirely different type of game.

Definitely going to have to make a point of getting into TLD soon, though.  It's right up my alley and everyone raves about it.

@elemental Keralis is great fun to watch and I saw his videos on my YouTube feed but haven't checked it out yet.  Hows it look?  I did check out Foundation after seeing his stuff.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

elemental

The game looks interesting. It's less cartoony than Foundation.

Hawk

Quote from: angainor88 on December 19, 2018, 05:56:13 AM

Also, aside to Hawk, I love The Long Dark too! Are you excited for the story mode redux?

I never played the first release of Wintermute. Probably won't play this version. I like Survival mode better. I did watch a video if Wintermute though and I'll probably watch videos of this version too. At least that way I'll understand the story better. I just prefer free play.  :)

The Redux has already been released for Steam users. Unfortunately I bought TLD at GOG and it takes them a couple of weeks to update TLD.
Urban Games released an update to Transport Fever the day after Hinterland released the Redux. I got the TPF update this morning.

I'd like to say it takes GOG so long for TLD because Hinterland pulled TLD from GOG sales, but it was like that before that happened. Now that GOG no longer sells TLD it might take even longer to release the Redux, if it even gets released at GOG.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

angainor88

Yes, Dawn of Man was one I have been waiting for forever, but it's not out out til March I think. I don't usually play the betas.

It sucks that they don't have The Long Dark on GOG anymore. I think they are still doing updates through it though? I hope they are anyway.

I like the survival mode better too. I usually play in Pilgrim (the wolves are too scary) so I decided to do Story Mode as a challenge since it isn't permadeath. I liked it the first time, and people are saying the redux is better. I can't wait until the weekend so I have some time to play. Not too much time though, since it's Christmas and visiting family and all...

Hawk

Quote from: angainor88 on December 20, 2018, 05:52:41 AM
It sucks that they don't have The Long Dark on GOG anymore. I think they are still doing updates through it though? I hope they are anyway.

According to Hinterland they are going to continue to update the GoG version.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Glenn

Now all you need is a jail to complete the set

One profession and an unhappiness radius

taniu

Thank you very much Maldrick  ;D- all good in 2019 and successful work on modeling new objects . Cheers ;D

Maldrick

And you, as well, @taniu .  Thank you, and Merry Christmas. :)