News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Run.bat

Started by Dolbadarn, February 09, 2019, 05:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolbadarn

How do I specify multiple resource lists to load using Run.bat when starting the game to test before packaging?

In my Run.bat I have:

..\bin\x64\Application-x64-profile.exe /ref woodroundhouseResources.rsc:resource /pathres ../Dolbadarn/woodroundhouse /pathdat ../Dolbadarn/woodroundhouse/bin
..\bin\x64\Application-x64-profile.exe /ref stoneroundhouseResources.rsc:resource /pathres ../Dolbadarn/stoneroundhouse /pathdat ../Dolbadarn/stoneroundhouse/bin
pause

This causes the game to run the first time with the wood house then when I close the game it opens for a second time with the stone house but I want both to load in-game together.

Sorry for all the amateur questions, I'm still learning the code language.

Thanks

Discrepancy

it isn't something I've ever done....

but could you make another resource list that your run.bat loads that references both of the other resource lists?

like:

ExternalList resource
{
External _resources
[
"woodroundhouseResources.rsc:resource",
"stoneroundhouseResources.rsc:resource",

]
}

no idea if it will work though...

but why not just combine the contents of both into 1 resource list anyway? :)

RedKetchup

i never nevr never run,bat i always check real live in game.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Dolbadarn

The problem I have is that woodroundhouseResources.rsc and stoneroundhouseResources.rsc and all the other files they reference are in separate folder locations:

ModKit/Dolbadarn/woodroundhouse/woodroundhouseResources.rsc

ModKit/Dolbadarn/stoneroundhouse/stoneroundhouseResources.rsc

So in ModKit/Dolbadarn I have created "AllAssetsResources.rsc" with

ExternalList resource
{
External _resources
[
"woodroundhouseResources.rsc:resource",
"stoneroundhouseResources.rsc:resource",

]
}

Also in ModKit/Dolbadarn I have created Run.bat

..\bin\x64\Application-x64-profile.exe /ref AllAssetsResources.rsc:resource /pathres ../Dolbadarn /pathdat ../Dolbadarn/bin
pause

But when I go to launch game with Run.bat I get the error:
Assert: Source resource 'C:\BanishedKit\Dolbadarn\woodroundhouseResources.rsc' does not exist, and compiled resource not found in pack!
The game is looking in the wrong file location.
Can I alter the externalList resource to correct the path to: C:\BanishedKit\Dolbadarn\woodroundhouse\woodroundhouseResources.rsc with /pathres command?

Jinxiewinxie

If I have two WIP mods and I want to have access to Mod A while hitting Run.bat on Mod B, I just package Mod A first and stick Mod A in my modkid's bin Windata folder and load it as I would a normal Mod. Then, when I run Mod B, I can enable my Mod A in the mod list and start a new game to have access to both at the same time =)