News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Forum Multi-challenge #4: Waterfront Property

Started by solarscreen, August 08, 2014, 06:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

I have bin building on this challenge for the past few days and I have some more questions about the "second row"
Mostly I build in this way;

First row; a road along the shore; every building touching this road is OK
Second row; a road behind the buildings; every field.... touching this road is OK.
Mostly it is nice and clear, but in some parts of the map it looks odd.

First picture blue/yellow stockpiles, fields and pastures seem to be behind each other, but I suppose it is OK (picture 2)
But what is about the stockpile in picture 3?

These 3 houses has a pasture in the south and a stockpile in the east, is that OK?
And if it is OK, is it OK to build the pasture as the blue line shows?

solarscreen

Quote from: Nilla on August 30, 2014, 07:03:43 AM
I have bin building on this challenge for the past few days and I have some more questions about the "second row"
Mostly I build in this way;

First row; a road along the shore; every building touching this road is OK
Second row; a road behind the buildings; every field.... touching this road is OK.
Mostly it is nice and clear, but in some parts of the map it looks odd.

First picture blue/yellow stockpiles, fields and pastures seem to be behind each other, but I suppose it is OK (picture 2)
But what is about the stockpile in picture 3?

These 3 houses has a pasture in the south and a stockpile in the east, is that OK?
And if it is OK, is it OK to build the pasture as the blue line shows?

Good question!

The diagonal areas can be confusing but the arrows point to good construction. The blue area is a recent decision on allowing stacking, otherwise it was not intended originally.  We are trying to keep as much of your map as close to the water as possible in this challenge.  The best effort to do that has the advantage!  Nobody will be kicked out of the competition though so KEEP PLAYING! 
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

mariesalias

Quote from: solarscreen on August 30, 2014, 06:54:28 AM
For those who have stacked fields, if it is one behind the allowed field, I will allow it.  If you have not done this before now and don't think it should be allowed, I will give you added credit in the judging.

I don't want the few who are actually competing to give up So let's go with it and enjoy this competition and not have to start over.

Thank you! This does make it easier to continue! I was able to go back to an earlier save (I usually don't have multiple saves for Banished towns!) so with this addition, it should be manageable.

I do want to ask though what if the stacked lot is a pasture? I have two that are stacked and some orchards. It is mostly my starting area that is affected, other areas are not as developed. I will try to refrain from stacking anything else.

slink

And where do graveyards fall?  Are they with farming lots, because they are flexible in size, or are they waterfront buildings, because they are made of stone?

solarscreen

Quote from: slink on August 30, 2014, 09:29:59 AM
And where do graveyards fall?  Are they with farming lots, because they are flexible in size, or are they waterfront buildings, because they are made of stone?
I'm pretty sure my examples show cemeteries behind just like the other outdoor items like pastures and stockpiles.

slink

Quote from: solarscreen on August 30, 2014, 11:53:44 AM
I'm pretty sure my examples show cemeteries behind just like the other outdoor items like pastures and stockpiles.
Actually, your examples don't, but you do list the position of cemeteries in the text.  My bad.

solarscreen

Quote from: slink on August 30, 2014, 07:03:16 PM
Quote from: solarscreen on August 30, 2014, 11:53:44 AM
Actually, your examples don't, but you do list the position of cemeteries in the text.  My bad.

Right you are. Thanks for looking, I could have just told you but I was being difficult.  :)

Bracken

I won't have much time for the next week or so, so putting this up before I forget.

Nefer
image 3a is the Town hall and stats, 3b-f the town itself.

ETA: forgot to upload last image.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

Quote from: solarscreen on August 30, 2014, 07:26:39 PM
Right you are. Thanks for looking, I could have just told you but I was being difficult.  :)
I have no idea what you are talking about.   ;)

mariesalias

@Bracken   Interesting layout for your roads! Why couldn't I have thought of it? ;D

Bracken

Quote from: mariesalias on September 02, 2014, 06:53:31 PM
   Interesting layout for your roads! Why couldn't I have thought of it? ;D

It just kind of happened that way. Wasn't planned.

Bobbi

I am going ahead and posting my entry, River Road (I know, totally original). First some interesting shots of a trader traveling to a trading post on a lake accessed by a small river, just because they are fun.

Bobbi

And now, the fabulous village of River Road. Which I might add, is not remotely sustainable, nor do I have the least desire to keep going with it.  ;D

Bobbi

I forgot to attach save game, if that is required