News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Forum Challenge #7: You Look Marvelous! NEW END DATE (December 31st)

Started by solarscreen, September 03, 2014, 10:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarscreen

How beautiful!
Simply stunning!
How is this possible?
I cried when I saw this!

Can you elicit responses like these?

Let's see who can create the best overall looking village. Any map, any setting.

Two categories:

PURIST:  No mods were used in the creation of this village
UNLIMITED:  Any and all mods may be used

Two rookie challengers will also be selected so EVERYONE can play!
Due date for your entry is end of the day December 31st.  Post your screencaps and descriptions at that time.

DO NOT post your progress!  We want to be surprised, so no screencaps until the last day.
Appropriate teasers, taunts, and challenges will be allowed!  :)

Let's PLAY!
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

Bobbi

Is anybody participating in this challenge? Just curious, because no posts. I have to keep restarting a new village because @RedKetchup can't stop creating new and better toys.

solarscreen

I think mods have thrown all the challenges to the curb for now.  They have opened up a large avenue for creativity that was not there before.

I may have to pull them back and see if and when we want to play any challenges in the future.

rkelly17

I started out a settlement for this challenge, but then @RedKetchup went nuts on decorative items and I decided to wait and see what was going to happen. I think @solarscreen is right: we can wait until the decorative items production has slowed down a bit.

slink

I agree.  There are too many shiny things lying around right now.  :D

Bobbi

So maybe move up the end date to end of October. Or "suspend" until further notice.

solarscreen

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bobbi

Yes, you should hang your head in shame, @RedKetchup! It is almost ENTIRELY your fault I have to keep starting over.  :P

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

yes I have started one (or even several  :-\ ) towns, too. Although this is really not my discipline, it makes fun to try.

And as you all; due to our eager friend @RedKetchup, I have slowed it down. ;)

The decision to increase the time is good.

rkelly17

It is always good to know who to blame.  ;)

Since the new date is Oct. 31 maybe @RedKetchup can do an appropriate statue for the town square.

irrelevant

Quote from: rkelly17 on September 21, 2014, 10:07:05 AM

Since the new date is Oct. 31 maybe @RedKetchup can do an appropriate statue for the town square.

;D

Given the course of a typical Banished town and the Halloween "deadline," we probably could use a statue honoring the Grim Reaper. ;)

solarscreen

Quote from: irrelevant on September 21, 2014, 10:13:32 AM
Quote from: rkelly17 on September 21, 2014, 10:07:05 AM

;D

Given the course of a typical Banished town and the Halloween "deadline," we probably could use a statue honoring the Grim Reaper. ;)

Don't fear the reaper...

snapster

You can do challenges with mods, you know. Select some to include in a challenge. Their state would be that of the beginning, preferably. I dunno.