News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: Lowered School Starting Age by Alycya

Started by Alycya, September 04, 2014, 02:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alycya

My first mod!

The age children start school has been reduced to 8 years old.

Minimum marriage age has been increased to 14 (as married 10 year olds is just wrong in my book!).

HOWEVER - if there are no school places available, your 8 year old will become an "adult" and start working, so this is also a child labour mod!!

No changes have been made to the duration of education, so they should "graduate" from 14 years old onwards, depending on the distance they live from the school.

WARNING: this mod can be enabled on saved games BUT all children aged 8 and 9 will be converted to uneducated adults immediately - any child aged 7 or under will be unaffected and will start school at 8.

Have fun, and let me know if you encounter any problems  :)

RedKetchup

sweet thanks you :) hoping to see more of your works :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

canis39

Awesome! In a setting like this, it never did make sense that the kids would be unproductive until they turned 10 years old. They would either be in school, or working, earlier than that. This is great!

irrelevant

Quote from: canis39 on September 04, 2014, 06:46:18 PM
Awesome! In a setting like this, it never did make sense that the kids would be unproductive until they turned 10 years old. They would either be in school, or working, earlier than that. This is great!
Jeez, you and my dad.... ;)

solarscreen

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

fredreed2000

It appears that this mod is causing the game to crash all the time. I'm not quite sure which mod is making this mod to crash since I have so many loading up. But you might want to look into this matter. One mod I have for sure C.C. Harpoon both mods from him.

Xenon89

Just an idea for this mod, if its possible. Why dont decouple the age in which they become productive and the age when thay start visiting school? So basically leave the year of becoming an adult at "10" but the start with school, if avaliable, with "8" for example?

Alycya

I'll look at the crashing. It shouldn't interfere with CC, but will clash with any mod that alters the citizen.rsc file so if you have a mod that changes how long people live for it will clash.

You can't decouple the starting school age from the adulthood age I'm afraid :( All you can change is the length of childhood, then the game sends them to school if there's a place available or turns them into adults if not.

ShockPuppet

Colonial Charter modifies the citizen file, but from memory it's only the storage expression - which is unrelated to the component containing the variables for age.

IttyTsu

Really disappointed I was unable to use this mod because it just crashes over and over.  Its like the one thing i want without having to have other things. I hope someone is still working on this and can get the crashing to stop.